Zatarain’s fried catfish recipe is one of the most popular dishes in Louisiana. Even if you’re not from Louisiana, you can see why Zatarain’s is such a favorite.
There are only a few ingredients, and it tastes amazing! The fried fish is so flavorful and tender that you’ll want to gobble it up right off the spoon!
You can also enjoy this recipe as a great side dish at home. I’ve made this recipe many times, and it always comes out delicious.
This traditional catfish recipe makes a great main dish or even a side dish to complement other dishes.
It goes great with shrimp boils, macaroni and cheese, gumbo, grits or rice and beans, grilled salmon, or chicken grilled on the grill.
I especially like to serve this dish with a homemade creole sauce. Zatarain states that this is a family favorite, which makes perfect sense!
It’s easy to prepare and tastes fantastic. Zatarain’s fried catfish recipe is easy to prepare and will help you achieve a fantastic meal.
You can enjoy this dish with your family, but it also makes a great recipe for entertaining. It’s such a great dish that it could even be a dish for your first date!
How To Make A Zatarain’s Fried Catfish Recipe?
Zatarain’s fried catfish recipe is a deliciously easy recipe requiring few ingredients. This golden brown, crispy and crunchy dish is a great recipe for anyone who has tried it and loved it!
Zatarain’s fried catfish recipe is an easy and delicious way to enjoy fried catfish! Here is what you need:
- 2 pounds of catfish fillets.
- 1/4 cup cornmeal.
- 2 eggs.
- 1/2 cups buttermilk or milk.
- 6 tablespoons of all-purpose flour.
- 2 tablespoons seasoning (salt, pepper, garlic powder).
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil.
- 1/2 cup milk.
- 1/2 cup melted butter.
Zatarain’s Fried Catfish Recipe Topping
- 2 cups cooked rice.
- 1 cup diced onion.
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper.
Preparation For Zatarain’s Fried Catfish Recipe
1. In a bowl, drizzle 1/2 cup of vegetable oil. Then set it aside with the eggs and buttermilk or milk.
2. Place 6 tablespoons of all-purpose flour, 2 tablespoons of seasoning salt, black pepper, and garlic powder in a large freezer bag. Add the catfish fillets, then shake the bag to coat them completely with the flour mixture.
3. Place the coated catfish fillets in a large freezer bag. Repeat these steps for 6 to 8 additional bags, depending on how many catfish fillets you serve.
4. Shaking the bags will allow all of the flour to coat the catfish fillets. Then pour 2 cups of buttermilk into another ice bag and add it to any remaining buttermilk and vegetable oil in the freezer bag.
5. Ideally, the oil should be 360 degrees. Test to see if the oil is ready using a fork or a food thermometer. The frying temperature should be between 365 and 370 degrees.
6. Once the oil temperature has been tested, place the catfish fillets in the freezer bag into the hot oil and fry for 6 to 7 minutes or until golden brown, crispy and crunchy. Drain on paper towels, then season with salt and pepper if desired.
7. To make the topping, place the rice in a bowl, pour 1/2 to 3/4 of the can of biscuits over the top, and pour 1 cup of diced onion. (Remember you will be using 1/2 a can of biscuits and 1 cup of diced onions). Top with the remaining biscuit halves.
8. Serve catfish fillets with Zatarain’s fried catfish recipe topping. Enjoy!
Nutrition Fact Of Zatarain’s Fried Catfish Recipe
Is It Suitable For Pregnant Women?
According to the American Pregnancy Association, pregnant women should avoid foods that have high amounts of mercury and other heavy metals because these types of toxins could cause congenital disabilities in their children.
When deciding what fish and other foods are good to eat while pregnant, it is best to consult a nutritionist or doctor.
Does It Taste Good?
Zatarain’s fried catfish recipe tastes fantastic and is perfect for any occasion. This golden brown, crispy and crunchy dish has a great taste and is popular in the south.
This recipe is also quick and easy, making it perfect for anyone who enjoys cooking.
Does It Have Any Side Dishes?
Zatarain’s fried catfish recipe goes well with many different side dishes, such as beans, corn on the cob, macaroni and cheese, and many others. Buttered rice or plain white rice is a great side dish for this meal.
15 Best Health Benefits Of Zatarain’s Fried Catfish Recipe
1. Zatarain’s fried catfish recipe is a great source of protein, which is needed for building and repairing tissue.
2. Zatarain’s fried catfish recipe provides high levels of vitamin B3, which helps in brain activity.
3. Zatarain’s fried catfish recipe helps reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke because it contains omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D that help lower total cholesterol levels and lower blood pressure.
4. Zatarain’s fried catfish recipe helps build strong bones, reducing the risk of osteoporosis. It also helps to maintain healthy skin and hair.
5. Zatarain’s fried catfish recipe is a nutritious source of iron needed to transport oxygen in your body.
6. Zatarain’s fried catfish recipe is a good source of calcium, helping build strong teeth and protecting against osteoporosis.
7. Zatarain’s fried catfish recipe has been found to reduce your chance of developing diabetes.
8. Zatarain’s fried catfish recipe is a good source of folic acid, which helps develop and repair cells in your body.
9. Zatarain’s fried catfish recipe helps lower the chance of heart disease because it is high in potassium, iron, and vitamins and minerals that help lower total cholesterol levels and blood pressure levels.
10. Zatarain’s fried catfish recipe is a good source of fiber. Fiber helps reduce the risk of heart disease and diabetes because it helps lower cholesterol levels and help control blood sugar levels.
11. Zatarain’s fried catfish recipe is a great source of folate, which helps to reduce the risk of neural tube defects, such as spina bifida.
12. Zatarain’s fried catfish recipe is a good source of riboflavin, which helps develop cells and tissues in your body.
13. Zatarain’s fried catfish recipe is a good source of vitamin A, which helps to improve eyesight and reduce the risk of age-related macular degeneration.
14. Zatarain’s fried catfish recipe is a great source of niacin, which helps maintain healthy skin, hair, and liver cells.
15. Zatarain’s fried catfish recipe consists of iron, which is needed to build platelets in your blood. Platelets are necessary for good blood clotting.
I hope you enjoy Zatarain’s fried catfish recipe. This is a great recipe for any occasion, but it is especially good for the company because it is quick and easy to make.
Please share this recipe with your friends or family members if you enjoy it. Have a great day. Thank You for reading Zatarain’s fried catfish recipe.