The water moccasin shot recipe is a recipe for a popular sipped drink of the 80s and 90s. It is sweet, a bit tangy, and has an alcohol content of 8%.
The ingredients are vodka, peach nectar, sugar, and lemon juice. It is most commonly served as a shot with ice, also known as a frozen summer cocktail.
Mixologist Tim Downey created this recipe in the book 80 proof: water moccasin shots & kisses at the bar. The fun part about this recipe is that water moccasins were not included in the title until after the book was published.
This is because they were not added to the vodka mixture until after it was mixed and frozen, then the mixture made its way to the bar where it was served.
Before this title change, many people thought water moccasins were just a myth from south-eastern America.
So, do not let anyone think you have to have water moccasins to make this recipe yours. This recipe is better than a beer float.
The shot is made by filling the bottom of an old-fashioned glass with ice and then putting in the above ingredients and mixing with a spoon. The water moccasin shot recipe is best served with a sense of humor.
How To Make A Water Moccasin Shot Recipe?
The water moccasin shot recipe is easy to make, and it is a great party drink. You can even make it at home if you want. All you need is the ingredients.
The recipe is simple, but it takes a while to mix and freeze fully. You can get all of the ingredients at your local liquor store or grocery store.
- 3/4 cup sugar.
- 3/4 cup lemon juice.
- 1 (6 ounces) can frozen peach nectar concentrate, thawed.
- 1.5 cups vodka (80 proof).
First, mix the sugar and lemon juice in a large pitcher.
Next, pour in the vodka and stir until sugar is dissolved.
Take the peach nectar concentrate and pour it into glasses. Then pour the mixture from the pitcher over top of it. The drink is best served when ice cold.
If you are serving a party to many people on a hot summer day, you should chill your pitcher in your refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving it.
Keep the mixture in your refrigerator until you are ready to serve it.
Nutrition Fact Of Water Moccasin Shot Recipe
Is It Suitable For Pregnant Women?
Yes, the water moccasin shot recipe is suitable for pregnant women because there are no ingredients in the recipe that poses a risk to pregnant women. Also, this drink has little amounts of alcohol which makes it safe for pregnant women to drink.
Is It Good For Heart Patients?
The water moccasin shot recipe is rich in vitamin C and has B vitamins, so it is good for heart patients. Vitamin C helps to heal wounds and prevents anemia. B vitamins are essential to the body’s ability to metabolize proteins, fats, and carbohydrates.
Also, the water moccasin shot recipe is low in sodium and cholesterol. Please note that this tutorial was done by one of our food writers, not a dietician or nutritionist.
Is It Suitable For Diabetic Patients?
The water moccasin shot recipe has natural sugar, so it is good for people with diabetes. Also, the water moccasin shot recipe is low in sodium and fat, which makes it suitable for people with diabetes.
Can You Freeze The Water Moccasin Shot Recipe?
Yes, you can freeze this drink. You can freeze it by putting the mixture in a freezer bag and then placing it in your freezer. It will last for 2 months in the freezer.
The recipe is best served at room temperature, so freezing the drink is not bad at all! So prepare 1 or 2 glasses on hot summer days with friends.
You Can Make The Water Moccasin Shot Recipe With Other Fruits?
You can try some other fruit to make this recipe. Try it with apple, orange, raspberry, and cherry. Also, you can add vodka to your favorite fruit juice.
Is It Gluten-Free?
The water moccasin shot recipe is gluten-free because it has no gluten in the ingredients. Also, the water moccasin shot recipe is rich in vitamin C and B vitamins which are good for heart patients.
Amazing 15 Health Benefits Of Water Moccasin Shot Recipe
1. The water moccasin shot recipe has vitamin C, giving you strong immune functions.
2. The water moccasin shot recipe has vitamin A in it. It helps with the skin and eye health of humans and other animals.
3. The water moccasin shot recipe has a vitamin B complex because of the vitamins B1, B6, and thiamine.
4. The water moccasin shot recipe has a vitamin B complex, which helps to metabolize proteins, fats, and carbohydrates.
5. The water moccasin shot recipe has vitamin D in it. It is a nutrient that helps the body absorb calcium, phosphorous, and iron.
6. The water moccasins are high in fiber content, reducing bad cholesterol and increasing good cholesterol in your blood.
7. The water moccasin shot recipe has calcium and phosphorus in it. They are necessary for the body to have strong bones, teeth, and muscles.
8. The water moccasin shot recipe has zinc in it. Zinc is a crucial mineral that helps your body produce testosterone and melanin, which helps skin and hair color stay healthy.
9. The water moccasins are rich in vitamin B complex, which metabolizes proteins, fats, and carbohydrates in your body.
10. The water moccasin shot recipe has vitamin D and thiamine, which helps your body metabolize proteins, fats, and carbohydrates.
11. The water moccasin shot recipe also has iron, which helps carry oxygen to all areas of your body.
12. The water moccasin shot recipe also has vitamin C, which is crucial in wound healing and preventing anemia.
13. The water moccasin shot recipe is rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that help your body fight off infections, viruses, and diseases.
14. The water moccasin shot recipe is rich in B vitamins, which help your body metabolize proteins, fats, and carbohydrates.
15. The water moccasin shot recipe has calcium and phosphorus necessary for strong bone mass and teeth development in children.
I hope you have fun making this recipe! If you have any questions about this recipe, please comment below.
Also, if you have a great lemonade mix recipe, please share it with us! We will be glad to hear from you and add the recipe on our site for other people to make.
Also, if you have a question about your water moccasin shot recipe, please leave a comment, and I will answer it as soon as possible. And to all of our readers, happy summer! Thank you for reading this article. Have a wonderful day!!!