The vegan whoopie pie recipe is a popular dessert recipe. One of the most traditional recipes is a thick chocolate cake with a creamy filling.
Usually, banana or marshmallow, sandwiched between two flat rounds of cake and covered in fluffy, coconut-laced frosting.
The mixture of flavors from the moist cake and sugar-coated crust is irresistible to many people. The whoopie pie recipe is easy to make and does not require many ingredients. It is a dessert that can be enjoyed as a lunch box treat or an after-dinner snack.
Benefits Of Eating This Vegan Whoopie Pie Recipe
This Vegan Whoopie Pie Recipe has many benefits. It is easy to make and requires few ingredients. It is cheap and does not cost much as you can make it with ingredients found in any kitchen.
The ingredients are therefore easily available. This whoopie pie recipe is also rich in vitamins, proteins, and minerals that can keep the body healthy when eaten regularly.
The cake of this whoopie pie recipe is made with whole wheat flour, which contains more fiber than other types of flour. This provides the whoopie pie recipe with more nutrients, fiber, and iron.
The cakes are therefore nutritious for health purposes. The cakes are also high in calcium, necessary for strong bones and teeth.
The vegan whoopie pie recipe provides the body with vitamin B1, which many nutritionists know to aid digestion by promoting peristalsis and soft stools.
It is also known to help produce red blood cells and therefore maintain a healthy nervous system. This whoopie pie recipe is also rich in vitamin B2, which helps form hemoglobin and cell respiration, improves skin health, and helps the body burn fat. It also provides a boost in energy levels with less fatigue.
How To Prepare A Vegan Whoopie Pie Recipe?
The Vegan Whoopie Pie Recipe is very easy to prepare. The ingredients are simple and affordable. The whoopie pie recipe is not difficult to make, as the steps are simple and well-explained. You can follow the instructions in the link below for a step-by-step guide to creating this whoopie pie recipe.
- A pan (255x180x140mm).
- A blender.
- A wooden spoon.
- A sieve.
- A knife or pastry cutter.
- ½ cup of all-purpose flour.
- ¾ cup of whole wheat flour.
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce.
- 2 tablespoons of melted vegan margarine or coconut oil (vegan margarine or coconut oil can also be bought in a vegan store).
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder.
- ¼ teaspoon of salt.
- 2 ½ teaspoons of cornstarch or cornflour.
- 2 ½ cups of vanilla vegan milk (soy milk, rice milk, nut milk).
- 3 tablespoons of vegan margarine or coconut oil, melted.
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- Approximately 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder (or you can use ground cinnamon).
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
2. Prepare two round, flat cake pans by greasing or lining them with wax paper.
3. In a bowl, mix the flour and salt. Stir in the cornstarch and melted vegan margarine or coconut oil until well incorporated. Set aside for use later on in the recipe.
4. In a blender, blend all ingredients in step 3 together until smooth, except for the cornflour mixture you add last as it will make it lumpy otherwise.
5. Pour the batter into the two prepared pans.
6. Bake for 25-38 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean.
7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack before getting ready to assemble the whoopie pies.
8. To assemble the whoopie pies, line a plate ready to receive the finished product with wax paper.
9. Take one cake and spread an ungreased thin layer of frosting.
10. Place another cake on top and press down firmly to ensure it is secure and all the crumbs are made to stick.
11. Spread another layer of frosting over it and then place another cake on top again, making sure they are well secured together using frosting as glue in between the cakes.
12. Spread frosting evenly over the top, sides, and bottom of the assembled whoopie pie.
13. Sprinkle with cinnamon powder.
14. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving as you want the frosting to be firm when eating it.
Nutrition Facts Of Vegan Whoopie Pie Recipe
|Fat||20 g (1.7 g of which is saturated)|
Best 6 Serving Ideas For A Vegan Whoopie Pie Recipe
1. You can add vegan chocolate chips or strawberries to the whoopie pies.
2. You can also fill other foods such as apple pie, muffins, and cupcakes with this recipe.
3. You can make the whoopie pies with a different type of cake if you do not wish to use sponge cakes for this recipe, such as cream cheesecake, German chocolate cake, or easy berry cake.
4. You can also use the frosting from one whoopie pie as filling for another whoopie pie.
5. You can use this vegan cake recipe to make cupcakes, muffins, and other baked goods.
6. You can also make these vegan whoopie pies for your friends and family to enjoy them.
Is Vegan Whoopie Pie Recipe Suitable For Diabetic Patients?
This recipe contains sugar and does not contain any fiber, which makes it unsuitable for people with diabetes. It is recommended to seek medical advice before consuming desserts with a lot of sugar.
Is It Good For Pregnant Women?
TheVegan Whoopie Pie Recipe is not good for pregnant women, as it contains soy milk, which is known to cause miscarriage in pregnant women. Therefore, it is advisable to avoid the whoopie pie recipe during pregnancy.
Is It Safe For Heart Patients?
The recipe for vegan whoopie pie contains some salt which is not good for the heart. Therefore, it is recommended to seek medical advice before consuming the whoopie pie.
Is It Low In Fat?
This Vegan Whoopie Pie Recipe contains some cream cheese and cornstarch, making it high in fat. Therefore, this whoopie pie recipe is not suitable for people with high cholesterol levels and should be avoided by them.
Is It Good For Kids?
The Vegan Whoopie Pie Recipe contains sugar and therefore is not suitable for kids as they may have diabetes if they consume too much sugar. This dessert should be avoided by kids below the age of 5 years.
Is It Rich In Protein?
This recipe does not contain any good protein sources, even though it contains soy milk. Therefore, this dessert is not suitable for people looking to add more protein to their diets.
Is It Low In Sodium?
The whoopie pie recipe has some salt which is bad for the heart. Therefore, this recipe is not good for people with high blood pressure and should be avoided by them.
Is It Low In Cholesterol?
The whoopie pie recipe contains some sugar and therefore is not suitable for people with high cholesterol levels and should be avoided by them.
Is It A Good Source Of Nutrition?
The vegan whoopie pie recipe is not a good source of nutrition, as the final product consists of mostly sugar, cream cheese, and cornstarch which are not healthy ingredients. Therefore, it is advisable to avoid this dessert if you are looking for nutritious food.
Is It Low In Carbohydrates?
The whoopie pie recipe contains some sugar and therefore is not suitable for people with high carb consumption and should be avoided by them.
Is It Good For Weight Loss?
The whoopie pie recipe is not a good source of nutrition, as the final product consists of mostly sugar, cream cheese, and cornstarch which are not healthy ingredients. Therefore, it is advisable to avoid this dessert if you are looking for nutritious food.
Is It Suitable For Breastfeeding Women?
This recipe contains soy milk and therefore is not suitable for breastfeeding women.
I hope you enjoyed the vegan whoopie pie recipe. If you want to share your opinion about it, please comment below.
Also, if you need any other information about this recipe or for your next event, feel free to contact me using the comment box below. Thank you for reading this article.