The vegan torta recipe is a quick and easy dessert to make for your vegan friends. It is a popular Mexican dish consisting of a cake or bread with refried beans and various vegetable toppings.
The vegan torta is also a favorite dessert in Spain, Germany, and South America. It is always made with wheat flour or sometimes cornmeal in the South of the United States. If you have never had this recipe before, definitely give it a try.
What Are The Recipe Benefits Of Eating This?
It is a simple recipe that you can prepare in just an hour or two. You do not need to add the preparation for it to take too long. The torta is soft and moist.
It has the perfect consistency for a dessert or even an afternoon snack that you can serve with hot chocolate or tea.
You can even add it to your meal plan if you are on a diet because it does not contain much sugar. It is also low in fat and high in fiber, calcium, iron, and other vitamins and minerals.
If you are looking for a dessert to serve when having guests over, this is the recipe you should try. It is also popularly served during breakfast.
If you want to make this recipe healthier, you can always add some fresh fruit or even some honey or sugar.
How To Prepare The Vegan Torta Recipe?
We will learn how to prepare a vegan torta recipe in this blog post. Here are some of the Equipment & Ingredients you will need for this recipe.
- Large bowl.
- Bowl -Mixing spoon.
- Box grater.
- Food processor.
- One tortilla press or a tortilla warmer.
- Microwaveable plate.
- Measuring cup with spoons.
- Rolling pin.
- Wooden spoon.
- 3/4 cup white flour.
- 1/2 cup cornmeal.
- 3/4 cup refried beans.
- 3 to 4 tablespoons refried beans (or more, if you like).
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce of your choice.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- 2 teaspoons salt.
- One can (8oz) of tomato sauce.
- 1/4 cup water (more if needed).
- 1/2 cup grated vegan cheddar cheese (or any other vegan cheese of your choice).
- 6 cups chopped vegetables (such as onion, pepper, green beans, etc.) (chopped carrots would also be a great choice).
- Dried cilantro for garnish (optional).
- Salt & pepper to taste.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. We will be using the three bowls. First, we will measure the flour and mix it with our other ingredients. Mix in a little water, and then add salt & pepper to taste. Next, we will add the refried beans and mix them well into the mixture that we have just prepared; make sure that they are thoroughly mixed with all of the ingredients you have used.
3. We will now press the tortilla using a tortilla press or a tortilla warmer and then place it on your tortilla. Please place it in the center and then spread it out evenly. Add the shredded cheese and spread it evenly onto the first tortilla layer.
4. Now, we will add our chopped vegetables and sprinkle them on top of the shredded cheese; you can use any vegetables that you prefer or have available in your pantry at home.
5. Put the tortilla into the oven and then place some more of the shredded cheese on top. Please put it in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. You can check to see if it is done by inserting a knife. If it comes out clean, it is ready to come out of the oven.
6. Once you have taken it out, allow it to cool a bit before cutting it into slices. Try not to cut into it too soon because it will fall apart easily. When you have cut the tortilla into slices, you are now ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts Of Vegan Torta Recipe
5 Amazing Freezing Ideas For Vegan Torta Recipe
1. You can place the cut tortilla pieces onto a baking sheet and freeze them. You can then put them into a freezer-safe container and store them in the freezer for about two months.
2. You can also wrap it with aluminum foil or plastic wrap when you are ready to freeze it.
3. Thaw and reheat the tortilla slices before serving whenever you are ready to serve this.
4. You can even reheat this torta in the microwave.
5. This is also a great recipe to prepare for unexpected guests coming over. You can quickly make these and then add them to your fridge and leave them there for an hour or two before serving.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
Preparing the vegan torta recipe is not a complicated process, and it does not require you to spend too much time in the kitchen. You can prepare it in just an hour or two, depending on how quickly you press the tortillas and stir them.
The greater part of this vegan torta recipe is baking it so that all of the ingredients are mixed well and prepared perfectly for your enjoyment.
How To Make It More Delicious?
Some of the things you can do to make this recipe more delicious include adding fresh parsley, coriander, and other fresh herbs to the tortilla.
If you want a more savory torta, you can add some garlic, onion powder, and liquid smoke. The vegan torta is a sweet and delicious dessert that can be enjoyed by vegans and non-vegans alike.
It is versatile and can be made with different ingredients, spices, or even oils. You can use this recipe as a base recipe and then add or subtract any ingredients you want.
Is It Good For Diabetic Patients?
The vegan torta is good for diabetic patients and people on a diet. It does not contain many calories and carbohydrates but does offer healthy fiber and nutrients.
Is It Suitable For Heart Patients?
The vegan torta is a wonderful dish for heart patients. It does not contain many carbohydrates and fats; instead, it consists of healthy fiber and fats.
Is It Good For Pregnant Women?
The vegan torta recipe is a perfect dish for pregnant women. It does not contain many calories and fats; instead, it consists of healthy fiber and nutrients.
Is It Gluten-Free?
Yes, this recipe is gluten-free if you use certified gluten-free flour to make it. You can also use almond flour, which will give you a better flavor.
Is It Kids Friendly?
The vegan torta recipe can be served as a healthy snack or even breakfast for children. It is also a suitable recipe for kids because it does not contain many calories and carbs.
Is It Good For Breastfeeding Women?
The vegan torta recipe is a perfect dish for breastfeeding women. It does not contain many fats or calories and contains healthy fiber and nutrients.
Is It Safe During Pregnancy?
The vegan torta recipe is a wonderful dish for pregnant women because it does not contain too many calories or fats but healthy nutrients and fiber.
I hope that you enjoy this vegan torta recipe as much as I have. It does a great favor that everyone will love, and it is so easy to make.
If you have any questions or make this recipe, please leave me a comment below and let me know how it turned out for you. Thank you very much for reading vegan torta recipe.