The vegan tomato jam recipe is an easy jam recipe that is vegan, low-sodium, and gluten-free. This recipe will produce a delicious tomato jam that can be used on toast, as a condiment, or in salads and sandwiches.
This vegan recipe is very simple to make! The best way to serve it is with toast or crispbread. If making into a jam, always check the labels and avoid ones that contain any dairy.
The vegan tomato jam recipe is a sweet, thick tomato concentrated sauce. You can use this recipe to create various types of recipes, such as bread and butter puddings, bread salads, etc.
This vegan recipe is not heated from both sides as the fruit contains natural sugars, which stabilize the texture of the jam consistency and should not be heated beyond 70 degrees C. The tomatoes must be well cooked and are of the best quality.
What Are The Recipe Benefits Of Eating This?
This vegan tomato jam recipe is very good for you. Tomatoes contain lots of antioxidants which help fight bacteria and disease in the body.
They are also high in vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant and help strengthen your immune system.
The coriander can help with digestion, relaxes the muscles, and helps to reduce stress levels. The lemon juice adds a lovely freshness to this jam and balances the flavor beautifully.
How To Make A Vegan Tomato Jam Recipe?
The vegan tomato jam recipe is very simple to make. You can follow this detailed recipe and make your vegan tomato jam.
- One large pan.
- Wooden spoon.
- Mixing bowl.
- 800g tomatoes (to remove the skin and seeds, cut a cross on the top of the tomato, then add to boiling water for about 1 minute).
- 2 tbsp olive oil.
- ¼ cup sweet onion (chopped).
- 1 clove of garlic (crushed).
- 1 cup red wine vinegar.
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves.
- 1 tbsp shoyu sauce.
- Juice 1 lemon.
- ½ tsp Salt (or less depending on the salt in the tomatoes).
- Black Pepper to taste.
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil.
1. Place the tomatoes in a large pan over low heat and simmer for about 30 minutes until they are soft.
2. Put the vinegar, olive oil, coriander leaves, and salt in a bowl and mix. Pour over the tomatoes, remove half of the mixture, and set aside.
3. Remove the pan from heat, put on medium-low heat, gently stir in the tomato mixture and cook for 20 minutes.
4. Allow to cool for about 20 minutes before transferring to a food processor or blender for smooth tomato jam consistency.
5. Put the reserved half of the tomato mixture back in the pan and cook for 5 minutes over low heat, stirring until thickened slightly.
6. Stir in 2 tbsp of tomato jam (cooked or not) and 3 tbsp chopped basil. Cook for 5 minutes and then allow to cool.
7. Pour the remaining tomato jam into a glass jar and allow it to cool. The jam will keep in the fridge for a few weeks.
8. To toast bread, spread the bread with some vegan butter, spread a little vegan mayonnaise if you like, then spoon on the tomato jam, top with lettuce leaves, fresh tomato slices, and a sprinkle of salt if wanted.
Nutrition Facts Of Vegan Tomato Jam Recipe
5 Best Variations Of Vegan Tomato Jam Recipe
1. Vegan Tomato Jam With Olives
This vegan tomato jam recipe can be varied in so many ways. For a classic taste, add olives to the recipe for a delicious twist.
2. Vegan Tomato Jam With Lemon Juice
This recipe can be varied by adding 1 teaspoon of lemon juice for an extra tang.
3. Vegan Tomato Jam With Ginger
This recipe can be varied by adding homemade chopped ginger for a spicy, warming flavor. Another variation to using fresh ginger is to cook it with the tomatoes as they soften.
4. Vegan Tomato Jam With Cinnamon
This recipe can be varied by adding cinnamon to the mix. Another variation is to add cardamom.
5. Vegan Tomato Jam With Mint
You can also top your jam off with a little mint leaves and enjoy the minty flavor of this vegan tomato jam recipe.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
This recipe is very simple to follow and prepare. It can be made in less than 30 minutes, including preparation and cooking time.
How To Make It More Delicious?
To make your vegan tomato jam recipe even more delicious, you can add ½ tsp of shoyu sauce or 1 tsp of lemon juice. You can also add a tsp of spicy mustard powder to give your vegan tomato jam some warmth.
Is It Suitable For Diabetics Patients?
This recipe is very suitable for diabetics patients as it is low-sodium and can be made without any additional salt.
The recipe produces a sweet, thick tomato condiment that can also be used as a jam or in other recipes such as bread salads.
Is It Good For Heart Patients?
This recipe is low in fat and contains very few calories. It is also a great source of antioxidants, vitamins C and K, calcium, iron, and fiber.
Is It Good For Pregnant Women?
This recipe is suitable for pregnant women as it contains very few ingredients. It is free from any cholesterol or additives. All the vegetables you use are fresh vegetables that are not cooked with any oil or salt (such as oils).
Is It Kids Friendly?
This recipe is not suitable for children under 3 years of age as it contains raw grated tomatoes. The tomato jam contains raw, uncooked tomatoes.
Is It Suitable For Breastfeeding Women?
This recipe is suitable for breastfeeding women as it is low in salt, cholesterol, and fat. It is also a great source of vitamins A and C, important for developing the baby’s vision and immune system.
Can You Freeze This Recipe?
Yes, you can make and freeze the tomato jam in ice cube trays. Wash your ice cube tray and fill one-quarter fill with jam.
Please place it in the freezer for about 2 hours until solid (about the time it takes to cook a tiny lamb chop). Once frozen, take it out of the tray and place it in a Ziploc bag.
How To Reheat Tomato Jam?
Heat the contents of your container on the stove (using a low heat setting). Alternatively, you can use a microwave to reheat it.
I hope you have found this vegan tomato jam recipe useful in your culinary adventures. It is a simple, sweet, and tangy recipe that takes about 20 minutes to prepare once you have all of the ingredients. Enjoy!
If you like this article, do share it with others. Let us know which other recipes you would like to see in this series. Thank you for reading this article about Vegan Tomato Jam Recipe.