The vegan sunflower seed cheese recipe is a creative, nutritious, and delicious vegan recipe. The sunflower seeds give it a great crunch, and the cashews are creamy and buttery in texture.
Sunflower seed cheese is perfect for sandwiches, burgers, toasts, or as a dip for fresh vegetables like carrots and radishes. It’s also suitable for those following a vegan or vegetarian diet because it’s both dairy-free and egg-free.
What Is A Vegan Sunflower Seed Cheese Recipe?
A vegan sunflower seed cheese recipe, or vegan cheese recipe, is a dairy-free cheese alternative made from sunflower seeds and cashews.
Foods such as this can help those in need of a gluten-free, vegan diet because they are a good source of protein and contain no animal products. They also have high levels of vitamins and minerals like calcium, iron, zinc, thiamine, and vitamin E.
The vegan sunflower seed cheese recipe is gluten-free and can also be used as a dairy-free starter recipe for veggie cheese or a vegan pizza.
How To Make Vegan Sunflower Seed Cheese Recipe?
The vegan sunflower seed cheese recipe is easy to make and takes only three ingredients.
- A food processor or hand mixer.
- Large bowl or wide-mouthed glass jar.
- Measuring cups and spoons.
- 1 cup of raw unsalted shelled sunflower seeds.
- 6 tablespoons of nutritional yeast.
- 3/4 cup of cashews, chopped and soaked overnight in water.
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- 1/4 teaspoon of Celtic sea salt.
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil.
- 1 cup of water.
1. Place the sunflower seeds in a bowl and cover them with water. Soak them overnight.
2. In a food processor, add the soaked sunflower seeds, nutritional yeast, cashews, lemon juice, sea salt, garlic powder, and coconut oil and process until smooth.
3. Pour the vegan sunflower seed cheese mixture into a large bowl or wide-mouthed glass jar and add the water to the mixture by pouring it through a strainer or cheesecloth to remove any remaining ingredients that may have escaped during processing.
4. Cover the mixture with a lid and place it in the fridge for about 6-8 hours.
5. Remove the cheese from the fridge and process it in a food processor or hand mixer until smooth and creamy. Add more water to your liking if needed, but remember not to over-process, or you risk getting a grainy texture.
6. Serve or store your vegan sunflower seed cheese recipe for later use by placing it in an airtight container in the fridge. The vegan sunflower seed cheese recipe should keep for up to a week.
7. Enjoy this delicious, nutty vegan cheese on sandwiches, in burgers, or as a dip for fresh vegetables!
*You can add other ingredients like dried seasonings such as rosemary or thyme if you desire.
Nutrition Facts Of Vegan Sunflower Seed Cheese Recipe
5 Amazing Variations Of Vegan Sunflower Seed Cheese Recipe
1. Vegan Sunflower Seed Cheese Dip:
This is a great snack to serve when you have guests around. Serve with carrots, celery, and organic crackers.
2. Vegan Sunflower Seed Cheese And Fruit Salad:
This salad is a wonderful way to get your daily protein dose and contains lots of healthy fats from nuts, seeds, and avocado.
It’s a perfect lunch or dinner option that won’t leave you hungry afterward because it’ll keep you full throughout the day!
3. Vegan Sunflower Seed Cheese And Vegetable Sandwich:
This sandwich is a great way to use up leftovers. You can also fry or bake some tempeh bacon on top of the bread.
4. Vegan Sunflower Seed Cheese And Radish Dip:
A healthy dip that’s great for parties, the crunch and spice of the radish mixed with the coolness of the vegan sunflower seed cheese is wonderful!
5. Vegan Sunflower Seed Cheese And Tomato Hummus:
Cashews are high in calories and fat, so you don’t need much oil to get the job done. This is also an excellent addition to any bento box!
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Can I Use Another Vegetable?
Yes, you can use any other vegetable instead of the radishes. We’ve added carrots for this recipe, but you can add celery, cucumber, tomatoes, cabbage – any other vegetable you like!
How Long Does A Vegan Sunflower Seed Cheese Recipe Last?
This vegan sunflower seed cheese recipe has a short shelf life of 2 days.
Can I Freeze It?
No, as this makes the texture grainy and less appealing. However, you can make another batch once the first one is finished and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will last for about a week.
How Many Vitamins Does This Recipe Contain?
This recipe contains plenty of vitamins and minerals from sunflower seeds, cashews, and radish. However, it also depends on how you prepare the vegan sunflower seed cheese recipe.
If you add other ingredients and seasonings, it will change your nutritional profile, so be sure to check those figures in the preparation section.
You won’t have to worry about counting calories, fat, and carbohydrates on this diet because it is jam-packed with phytonutrients, vitamins, and minerals your body craves.
Is It Good For Diabetic Patients?
Since sunflower seeds are a good source of magnesium, they may also benefit people with diabetes. However, check with your doctor before making any dietary changes.
Is It Suitable For Heart Patients?
This recipe can help boost your heart health due to the high amount of omega-3 fatty acids in it. It also contains some good antioxidants like vitamins E and C.
Is It Good For The Elderly?
This diet is a great way to lose all your nutrients as you grow older. This recipe not only provides nutrients and fiber, but it also contains plenty of healthy fats which can help your heart.
Is It Suitable For Pregnant Women?
Most ingredients are safe for pregnant women, including this vegan sunflower seed cheese recipe.
However, it would help if you were careful that the sunflower seeds hadn’t been toasted, as they contain aflatoxins that can harm your child’s health during pregnancy.
Is It Safe For Children?
Yes, sunflower seeds and cashews are a great source of protein for growing children. It’s also a healthy snack for them to enjoy!
Is It Safe For Breastfeeding Women?
Coconut oil is not recommended for breastfeeding women because it can affect the baby’s first milk, called colostrum. However, cashews are safe for breastfeeding women since they are low in fat and high in protein.
I hope you enjoy the vegan sunflower seed cheese recipe! This recipe is perfect for anyone who wants to lose weight and become healthier. I hope you all love this recipe! If you do, please share it with all your friends!
If you have any questions about the vegan sunflower seed cheese recipe, feel free to comment below. Also, if there’s anything that I can add or change to make this recipe better, please let me know by commenting below. Thanks for reading!