The vegan rum cake recipe is a delicious vegan cake recipe with an alcohol-free orange rum frosting. This vegan rum cake is perfect for any occasion. Rum cake is a delicious and ultra-moist cake that is perfect for any occasion.
Rum cake is a very popular dessert in the US and the Caribbean. This delicious vegan rum cake is gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free. Orange rum frosting is an icing made from coconut milk that adds a delicious orange flavor to your vegan cake.
This vegan rum frosting is also alcohol-free so that kids can enjoy it. You can serve this cake for holidays, birthdays, and special occasions. All your friends and family members will love this vegan rum cake recipe.
What Is A Vegan Rum Cake Recipe?
This traditional rum flavor comes from orange zest and cinnamon in the cake batter added to the super moist banana coffee cake batter. The frosting is a delicious orange rum coconut cream frosting that adds an extra special flavor twist to this cake.
Benefits Of Eating This Vegan Rum Cake Recipe
The vegan rum cake recipe is rich in vitamins and minerals. Bananas are rich in potassium. Coconut oil and plant-based milk contribute to a low-fat diet.
Coconut milk is rich in vitamin C, B, magnesium, and iron. Cinnamon is a great anti-inflammatory and helps regulate blood sugar levels.
How Do You Make A Vegan Rum Cake Recipe?
- Baking tray
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Measuring jug
- Mixing bowl
- Food processor
- Small plate for baking cupcakes and a small plate for baking muffins.
For The Rum Cake
- 125 grams of flour (1 cup).
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- 1 teaspoon of orange zest.
- 1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- 125 grams of mashed bananas (1 cup).
For The Rum Frosting
- 100 grams of vegan butter from Earth Balance [You can use coconut oil to make this recipe as well].
- 125 grams of coconut cream (1 cup).
- 50 grams of cocoa powder.
- 2 teaspoons of cacao powder.
- 2 tablespoons of orange rum or vanilla extract.
- 2 to 3 tablespoons. (30 to 45 ml.) of maple syrup.
- 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 °F. Prepare your muffin tray or cupcake tray by spraying cooking oil or coat with a layer of butter.
2. In a food processor, grind your flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together until it resembles a fine powder. Transfer the dry ingredient into a mixing bowl.
3. Mix your mashed bananas with the orange zest in another bowl.
4. Add this banana mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Add vegan butter and coconut cream to the batter and mix well until combined.
6. Pour your batter into paper baking cups or muffin cups until it is about 3/4 of an inch thick [3/4 of an inch thick, at least for cupcakes].
7. Bake this mixture for about 15 to 20 minutes for cupcakes or 30 minutes for a muffin. You can also poke the cakes with a fork to see if it is done. If it comes out clean, then your vegan cake is made. Remove from heat and let it cool down.
7. For the rum frosting, melt your vegan butter in a microwaveable bowl or a double boiler. Let it cool off for 2 to 3 minutes on a small plate so you can use it without burning your hands.
8. Place your coconut cream in another bowl and place it in the freezer for about 3 to 4 minutes or until it is firm.
9. Process your coconut cream in a food processor until it reaches a creamy consistency.
10. Mix maple syrup and rum into the frosting and powdered sugar.
11.. Carefully spoon the frosting over your cooled vegan rum cake into a piping bag or simply on top of the cake and spread it evenly across the cake, so you have an even coat of frosting on top of your cake.
12. If you’d like, you can garnish your rum cake with orange zest and decorate the top of your rum cake with a few pieces of cocoa powder.
13. Let the frosting set for at least 2 hours before serving.
14. Serve this vegan rum cake cold as a dessert if desired or warm as a side dish for your meals.
15. Enjoy this vegan rum cake with tea or coffee, and then enjoy this delicious cake!
Best 6 Nutrition Facts Of Vegan Rum Cake Recipe
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
Prepare Time: 20 min
Baking Time: 30 min
Total Time: 50 min
Is It Suitable For Pregnant Women?
The vegan rum cake recipe is suitable for all age groups, and pregnant women can consume this cake. The alcohol-free orange rum frosting is also suitable for pregnant women as it contains no alcohol.
Is It Good For Heart Patients?
This vegan rum cake is rich in coconut oil, bananas, and plant-based milk. It is rich in potassium and carbohydrates and has no saturated fats, so it is ideal for eating if you are on a heart-healthy diet.
Is It Good For Diabetes?
This vegan rum cake recipe is high in fiber and low in sugar. It is ideal for people who have Type 2 Diabetes because of the low amount of sugar content.
Is It Good For Weight Loss?
This vegan rum cake is low in calories and is rich in fiber and potassium. It also has no saturated fats, so that it can be included in a weight loss diet.
I hope you try this vegan rum cake recipe soon and enjoy the delicious flavor of a traditional fruitcake with a twist of orange rum.
I’d love to hear your feedback, so please leave your comments below if you have any questions or have tried this vegan rum cake recipe. Thank you for reading this article.