The vegan paczki recipe is a sweet, doughy dessert traditionally made during Lent in Poland. They’re not just for fasting; they are a popular holiday food enjoyed throughout the year because of the doughy and luscious texture. Just make sure to eat them soon after making them because they don’t keep for very long.
What Is A Vegan Paczki Recipe?
The vegan paczki recipe is a traditional paczki recipe made of a dough-filled dumpling called paczki. Traditionally, these round-filled dough balls are made with yeast and are often served before Lent, which is when most of them are eaten in Poland. Paczki is typically made with cheese, but you can use any flavors that seem appealing to you in this recipe.
What Are The Recipe Benefits Of Eating This Vegan Paczki Recipe?
You’ll be getting the benefits of a traditional paczki recipe and be happy to know that you are eating healthy vegan food.
This non-dairy vegan paczki recipe also gives you all the energy you could want and keeps you satisfied throughout the day. This vegan paczki recipe has many vitamins, minerals, and nutrients your body needs to nourish properly.
How To Prepare The Vegan Paczki Recipe?
There are only a few steps to get this vegan paczki recipe ready to be eaten. It only takes about 20 minutes, which isn’t long at all, given the taste and deliciousness of this recipe.
You’ll want to start by gathering all the ingredients you need so that you can measure them quickly and move on to preparing your dough for the vegan paczki recipe.
- Parchment Paper.
- Mixing Bowls (small and medium-sized).
- Measuring Cups and Spoons.
- A Rolling Pin.
- A Cookie Cutter (round shape should be preferred).
- 1/2 Cup of Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt (or low fat if you prefer).
- 1 Tablespoon of Sugar.
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt.
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil.
- 2 1/2 Cups Flour (all-purpose.)
- 1/2 Package of Active Dry Yeast.
- 1/4 Cup of Warm Water (or a little more).
1. To prepare your vegan paczki recipe, place the nonfat plain Greek yogurt in the mixing bowl and mix it with 1 tablespoon sugar and a pinch of salt. Add 1/3 cup of vegetable oil and 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour. Continue to stir these ingredients until they’re well combined. You can also add more water if needed to make your dough mixture easier to work with.
2. Once you’ve kneaded the vegan paczki recipe dough, roll the dough out into a long, flat rectangle. Use a knife or pizza cutter to cut it up into smaller sections. Take one section and use your rolling pin to roll it into a ball shape. Place your ball between two pieces of parchment paper that have been lightly coated with nonstick cooking spray. Repeat these steps until you’re finished with all of your dough mixture.
3. Next, you’ll need to prepare the vegan paczki recipe filling. Whisk together 1/2 cup of nonfat plain Greek yogurt in a medium bowl with 1 tablespoon of sugar and a pinch of salt. Stir in 1/3 cup of vegetable oil until well combined.
4. Before bringing your vegan paczki recipe to room temperature and adding the yeast, add one package of active dry yeast to your warm water in a bowl and stir until it’s dissolved (about 10 minutes). Once that’s finished, add the yeast to your vegan paczki recipe mixture and mix until the ingredients are combined well.
5. Let your vegan paczki recipe dough sit for about 10 minutes if you want them to have a nice color when they’re done. If not, no worries! You can proceed with the next step right away.
6. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and move your cookie sheets into a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray (if desired).
7. Add about 2 tablespoons of filling to the center of each vegan paczki recipe and form a dough ball around it. Repeat these steps until you’re finished with your dough mixture.
8. Bake the vegan paczki recipe in the oven for 15-20 minutes and serve.
Nutrition Facts Of Vegan Paczki Recipe
|Saturated Fat||6 grams|
5 Best Health Benefits Of Vegan Paczki Recipe
1. Reduce The Risk Of Type 2 Diabetes
One of the best health benefits of the vegan paczki recipe is that it lowers your risk of having diabetes. According to studies, consuming foods like this vegan paczki recipe can help you lose weight, improve your body composition and help you reduce your blood sugar levels.
2. Reduce Cholesterol And Blood Pressure
Another great benefit of the vegan paczki recipe is that it can reduce your chances of having high cholesterol or blood pressure.
This paczki dish can lower LDL cholesterol and raise HDL levels by 15%. This is a great benefit if you’re trying to keep your heart healthy or get it back in shape.
3. Prevent Cancer
There are also many other health benefits of the vegan paczki recipe. One of them is that it can prevent certain types of Cancer, especially colon and breast cancer.
This recipe is high in antioxidants and many vitamins, which help to protect your body from various types of Cancer.
4. Prevent High Blood Pressure
It is also beneficial for preventing high blood pressure, which can lead to stroke and heart disease. This recipe’s vitamin C helps lower blood pressure levels by improving your immune system.
5. Help You Lose Weight
One of the best health benefits of the vegan paczki recipe is that it helps you lose weight and manage your body better.
Many studies show how this vegan paczki recipe can help people lose weight. This is mainly because it has a very high protein content, which helps you shed those extra pounds off your body.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
Prepare Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
How To Store This Vegan Paczki Recipe?
This vegan paczki recipe will keep for up to 1 day at room temperature or 2 days if you place them in the fridge.
If you’re not going to eat them right away, you can store them for up to 2 weeks in a covered container at room temperature.
Are There Any Side Effects?
This vegan paczki recipe will not contain any side effects if you don’t have an allergy to foods such as feta, sour cream, or grass-fed butter.
It can be made gluten-free by using gluten-free flour. You can also use a gluten-free dough mix if you’d like. There are no animal sources, and it contains no trans fats or cholesterol, which are also great benefits for vegans.
Is It Suitable For Pregnant Women?
This vegan paczki recipe is unsuitable for pregnant women because it contains raw dairy. If you’re looking for a vegan paczki recipe without raw dairy, check out our vegan bacon and avocado paczki recipe!
Is It Suitable For Children?
It is not suitable for children under the age of 14 years because it contains raw cheese. If you’re looking for a vegan paczki recipe that contains organic raw dairy, then you can try our vegan bacon and avocado paczki recipe!
Is It Good For Diabetic Patients?
It is good for diabetic patients because it contains very low fats and carbs.
Is It Safe For Heart Patients?
It is safe for heart patients because it contains a very low amount of fats and sugars. It is also high in fiber, which helps to reduce cholesterol levels, prevent heart disease and manage your weight better.
Is It Healthy For Breastfeeding Women?
It is not healthy for breastfeeding women because it contains raw dairy, which can be passed on to the baby and cause an allergic reaction.
If you’re looking for a vegan paczki recipe safe for breastfeeding, try our vegan bacon and avocado paczki recipe!
I hope you will enjoy the vegan paczki recipe and find it useful. If you have any questions that aren’t answered in this guide, feel free to leave a comment below, and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks for reading this article.