The vegan lemon biscotti recipe is a delightfully light, crunchy, and sweet biscotti perfect for enjoying your afternoon coffee or tea.
The recipe for vegan lemon biscotti is simple to make and requires just a few ingredients. A vegan biscotti has the perfect balance of sweetness from the sugar and tang from the lemon zest and juice.
This vegan lemon biscotti recipe is also made with ground almonds, whole-wheat flour, and coconut oil to give you a slightly healthier option without sacrificing flavor.
What Is A Vegan Lemon Biscotti Recipe?
This vegan lemon biscotti recipe is a recipe for a classic Italian biscotti made with lemon zest, sugar, and fresh lemons.
This vegan lemon biscotti recipe is a sweet and mild zesty tea time treat that is perfect alongside a hot cup of coffee or tea.
The texture of this vegan lemon biscotti recipe is light and crunchy, the flavor is tangy without being too overwhelming, and the result has the perfect balance between sweet and zesty.
Benefits Of Eating This
The benefits of eating vegan lemon biscotti include many health benefits that come from eating whole foods.
The saturated fat and cholesterol in animal products are not good for an active lifestyle. Consuming meats, dairy, and other animal products only fill you with empty calories.
Eat a more natural diet of whole foods such as fruits, vegetables, and grains to feel full with fewer excess calories.
Most importantly, higher fiber foods such as fruits and vegetables are high in antioxidants that fight cancer-causing free radicals naturally within your body.
The benefits of eating vegan lemon biscotti also include using this recipe as a part of your weight loss program.
Slicing the vegan lemon biscotti recipe into thin slices will help you control your portions, but with a little extra sugar and whole-wheat flour baked in, it still has some real power.
How To Prepare A Vegan Lemon Biscotti Recipe?
We will know to prepare a vegan lemon biscotti recipe by following the steps of this recipe.
- A small saucepan.
- A cookie sheet.
- An oven-safe skillet or baking dish.
- A small rolling pin or a large wine bottle.
- A cutting board.
Ingredients For Vegan Lemon Biscotti Recipe
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder.
- 1/2 cup sugar.
- 3/4 cup almond meal or blanched ground almonds.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (solid, not melted).
- Zest of 2 lemons and the juice of 1 lemon (~3 tablespoons juice).
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios or almonds, optional.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine 1 3/4 cups of water, the lemon juice, and lemon zest, and let simmer until the water has been reduced by half and the lemon zest starts to soften.
3. Transfer this mixture to a mixing bowl and add the sugar, salt, vanilla powder, and coconut oil to mix until combined.
4. Add the flour, baking powder, and almond meal and combine. Fold in the chopped nuts (if using) and mix until blended.
5. Divide the dough in half and roll each half into a log about 12 inches long by 1 inch wide, making sure to roll tightly without over-working the dough, or it will be tough.
6. Transfer these logs onto the prepared cookie sheets, leaving about 3 inches of space between them as they spread during baking.
7. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown and look dry.
8. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes on the cookie sheet.
9. Transfer these logs to a cutting board and slice them into 1/2-inch pieces. If a very sharp knife is not cutting cleanly through the log, dip it in a glass of warm water to help it cut through more easily before slicing it into pieces.
10. These should be crunchy and firm, not soft or squishy.
11. Transfer these slices to a large bowl and cover with plastic wrap. If they are not completely cooled, they will keep their crunch while sitting in the refrigerator.
12. Serve these vegan lemon biscotti pieces with your favorite beverage. These vegan lemon biscotti pieces may be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Nutrition Facts Of Vegan Lemon Biscotti Recipe
10 Best Serving Ideas For Vegan Lemon Biscotti Recipe
1. Enjoy this vegan lemon biscotti recipe with a cup of tea, coffee, or a glass of milk. 2. Dip the vegan lemon biscotti pieces into a bowl of melted chocolate for an additional treat.
3. Serve the vegan lemon biscotti with a glass of fruit juice, smoothie, or breakfast cereal.
4. Make an afternoon snack by crumbling some of this vegan lemon biscotti recipe over a piece of fresh fruit.
5. Add this vegan lemon biscotti recipe to your favorite trail mix or muesli recipe to add crunch and sweetness to your trail mix bowl at home or on the go.
6. Serve it with a slice of fresh, ripe fruit to make a low-calorie dessert.
7. Spread some lemon curd on top of a piece of this vegan lemon biscotti recipe, and then dust with a layer of powdered sugar.
8. Mix in some berry purée or melted chocolate and serve as a cake filling between two pieces of this vegan lemon biscotti recipe for an indulgent treat.
9. Dip pieces into melted chocolate and sprinkle with coconut flakes, chopped almonds, or pistachios for a special occasion dessert.
10. Serve with a glass of lemonade or smoothie for a light, sweet summer treat.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
Prepare Time: 15 Minutes
Cooke Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
How To Make It More Delicious?
You can use any lemon flavor instead of the lemon zest and the lemon juice. Try using other fruits like orange or lime zest, raspberry purée, or raspberry fruit slices.
You can try these more fruity fillings such as raspberry fruit slices, fresh berries (strawberries, blackberries, blueberries), and yogurt for a more fruity taste.
Add some chocolate chips and chopped nuts (almonds, pecans) to this vegan lemon biscotti recipe for a crunchy texture that is still sweet.
Add some crunch to your vegan lemon biscotti recipe by adding extra chopped nuts or coconut flakes.
Can Pregnant Women Eat It?
This vegan lemon biscotti recipe is safe for pregnant women only if they follow all the instructions given in this recipe.
But, it has not been tested or verified by any medical board. You should consult an expert before consuming any food or drink during pregnancy or nursing a baby.
How Do I Store It?
Keep the vegan lemon biscotti in a tightly sealed container and store in an airtight plastic bag or an airtight container at room temperature. This biscotti can be stored for about 1 week.
Use a cookie spatula to remove this vegan lemon biscotti dough from the bowl and transfer it onto the cookie sheet because this dough may be sticky, so you can use some parchment paper on your hands to avoid sticking.
Can I Freeze It?
This vegan lemon biscotti recipe can be frozen after preparation. To freeze, all you need is to wrap them in aluminum foil and then place them in a freezer bag, so they don’t get stuck together while freezing. These can then be stored in a freezer for 1 month as long as they are fresh and unopened.
Also, please spread some love and share this vegan lemon biscotti recipe with your friends on social media networks like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and others. Thank you so much.