Vegan Lava Cake Recipe is the perfect dessert for a party. These cakes are surprisingly easy to make and will please the pickiest of eaters.
The cake is made using four ingredients, but the taste is intense. It would even be perfect for your next Halloween or Christmas party.
What Is A Vegan Lave Cake Recipe?
This is a vegan version of a lava cake. It’s a classic dessert but a bit tricky to make. You can use these cakes for all kinds of parties. You could serve them at birthday parties or anniversary parties, but they’d also be excellent for Halloween or Christmas.
The recipe is simple and requires no baking at all. Using agar-agar powder provides the cake with a light, airy texture.
It’s the perfect consistency for a traditional lava cake. The only thing missing is the gooey cream filling, which makes this dessert low in fat and calories.
Benefits Of Eating This Vegan Lava Cake Recipe
A vegan lava cake recipe is also a great way to lower your calorie intake. The agar-agar powder is an ingredient that offers extra fiber and allows you to avoid the use of butter or oil.
This vegan lava cake recipe is rich in calcium and magnesium, which help absorb calcium in the body. It’s a good choice if you’re trying to achieve a balanced diet.
It’s low in calories, so this vegan lava cake is the perfect choice for slim people who are trying to lose some weight. You don’t need to worry about your weight by eating this cake, which is perfect for all occasions.
How To Make A Vegan Lava Cake Recipe?
The vegan lava cake recipe is very easy to make. It takes less than 20 minutes, which is a big advantage when you’re in a hurry. You’ll need:
- A medium mixing bowl.
- A whisk (for the almond mixture).
- A fork (for the vegan chocolate mixture).
- A small bowl (for the vegan chocolate mixture).
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- 1/2 cup of ground almonds (or almond meal).
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- 3 tablespoons of soy yogurt or non-dairy yogurt (almond, coconut, or rice milk if you want to make this dessert healthier).
- 2 teaspoons of agar powder (or agar flakes).
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- A pinch of salt.
- 2 tablespoons of chopped nuts (optional).
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup.
- 2 tablespoons of agave syrup (or maple syrup, date syrup, or apple sauce).
- 1/4 cup of vegan dark chocolate chips (optional).
- 1/4 cup of white chocolate chips (optional).
- A pinch of cinnamon oil (optional).
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare the vegan chocolate sea and almond mixture by placing all ingredients in a bowl and bringing them together with a whisk until perfectly combined. Set aside.
2. Combine all ingredients for the vegan chocolate lava cake recipe in a bowl until perfectly combined (except for the vegan dark chocolate chips and white chocolate chips, which you’ll add last).
3. Pour batter into parchment paper-lined coffee mugs or glasses.
4. Bake in the oven for 12 minutes (for the mug method) or 18 minutes at a temperature of 400°F (for the glass method).
5. Remove from the oven and let them cool down inside mugs or glasses.
6. To make the vegan dark chocolate lava cake, place a little bit of powdered cocoa in a microwave-safe bowl and heat it for 50 to 1 minute on half-power in the microwave (or until it is warm). Add the chocolate to the vegan chocolate mixture, and stir until perfectly combined.
7. For the white chocolate lava cake, add white chocolate chips to the vegan dark chocolate sauce and mix until they are completely melted. Then add a pinch of cinnamon oil until they are well combined.
8. Place the mugs or glasses (with the vegan lava cake) on a tray, and pour the chocolate sauce over them. Let it slowly drip out of the cakes.
9. Top them with chopped nuts and some extra cinnamon powder, and serve warm!
- You can also make a creamy lava cake perfect for birthday parties. You can make the cake by adding some tofu or soy milk to the recipe and using it to make a filling for the cakes.
- If you prefer a firmer cake, try decreasing the agar-agar powder (to 1/4 teaspoon).
- Use only three tablespoons of baking soda. If you use too much baking soda, it will give your cake a bitter taste. Try starting with one teaspoon of it, and add more if needed.
Nutrition Facts Of Vegan Lava Cake Recipe
8 Amazing Serving Ideas For A Vegan Lava Cake Recipe
1. Serve the vegan lava cake with a scoop of soy or rice ice cream.
2. Serve it with a glass of soy milk or rice milk.
3. Enjoy it as a snack or dessert for breakfast or brunch.
4. Use it as a base and top it with fruit and whipped cream for the perfect summer treat!
5. Make miniature versions of this cake, and serve them as party desserts!
6. Top them with some cacao nibs or chopped nuts.
7. These cakes are perfect if you’re trying to lose weight, as they contain almost no fat or carbohydrates.
8. These vegan dark chocolate lava cakes are also compatible with Paleo diets!
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
Prepare Time: 10 minutes.
Cook Time: 20 minutes.
Total Time: 30 minutes.
Can I Freeze This Recipe?
Yes, you can, but please store the vegan dark chocolate lava cake in a sealed container in the freezer. It’s best to prepare your vegan lava cakes one day before you plan to serve them to give it enough time for the agar-agar powder to be fully soaked up by the batter. Enjoy!
Is It Gluten-Free?
I hope you will enjoy the vegan lava cake recipe, which is easy, delicious, and healthy. If you enjoyed this vegan lava cake recipe, please don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. Thanks for visiting my blog!