The vegan Havarti cheese recipe is a perfect cheese substitute that’s also easy to make. The cheese-like texture is a bit more “wet” than some of the harder vegan cheeses.
It’s also lower in fat and calories. For those on any restricted diet, this vegan Havarti cheese recipe is a must-make!
How To Make A Vegan Havarti Cheese Recipe?
This vegan Havarti cheese recipe is easy to make and can be ready in less than 10 minutes! Here’s what you need:
- Medium-sized bowl.
- Large pot.
- Large spoon (optional).
- 1 cup of raw cashews (soaked overnight in water).
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar.
- 1/2 cup of warm water.
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil (melted).
- 2 tsp of nutritional yeast (optional).
- 2 tbsp of agar powder.
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder (optional).
Step 1: Place the cashews, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, water, sea salt, and coconut oil in a bowl. Mix well with a whisk.
Step 2: Pour the mixture into a pot and place over medium heat.
Step 3: In a small bowl, dissolve the agar powder (and arrowroot powder if you’re using it) in 1/3 cup of warm water.
Step 4: Once the mixture reaches a boil, add the agar-water mixture. Let it bubble for about 2 minutes, and then remove from heat.
Step 5: If you’re using a cheesecloth, line a strainer with it and place it over a bowl (to catch the liquid). Pour the liquid into the cheesecloth-lined strainer and let it cool while pressing out any excess water. The consistency is similar to that of ricotta cheese.
Step 6: Once the mixture has cooled, place it in a large bowl and mix well with a whisk to ensure no clumps. Place it back in the pot and place over low heat.
Step 7: Lower the heat to medium-low and let it cook for another 5-10 minutes, stirring every few minutes until it’s good and hot.
Step 8: Cover with a plate to avoid any excess liquid from evaporating (this will affect the consistency).
Step 9: Once it’s warm and melted, it will look like this.
Step 10: Remove from heat and place in a bowl to cool down completely.
Step 11: Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts Of Vegan Havarti Cheese Recipe
|Total Fat||12.1 g|
|Total Carbs||8.8 g|
10 Best Health Benefits Of Vegan Havarti Cheese Recipe
1. Vegan Havarti Cheese can lower the risk of heart disease.
2. Vegan Havarti Cheese helps in protecting yourself from Osteoporosis.
3. Vegan Havarti Cheese improves your mood and makes you feel happy.
4. Vegan Havarti Cheese maintains a healthy pregnancy by increasing women’s fertility. It also protects them from breast cancer by dramatically lowering their risk.
5. Vegan Havarti Cheese wards off constipation, respiratory infections, and even anemia.
6. Vegan Havarti Cheese is good for skin as well as hair.
7. Vegan Havarti Cheese is good for pregnant women to protect them from gestating babies from getting diseases, such as severe neonatal jaundice and sepsis.
8. Vegan Havarti Cheese is great for kids since it prevents asthma and improves behavior in children allergic to milk. It also reduces flatulence in them (lactose intolerant) and increases growth rates and intelligence quotient in children.
9. Vegan Havarti Cheese has been shown to help against Peyronie’s disease since it increases blood circulation.
10. Vegan Havarti Cheese is also great for people with chronic fatigue syndrome, or CFS (a condition that many women often get).
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
Prepare Time: 10 minutes.
Cook Time: 15 minutes.
Total Time: 25 minutes.
Is It Gluten-Free?
Yes, vegan recipes are gluten-free by default. You can verify with the manufacturer whether a product is gluten-free or not.
Is It Vegan?
Yes, this vegan recipe is free of animal-derived ingredients. But always check the product’s label to confirm.
Can I Freeze This Recipe?
Yes, you can cook the vegan Havarti cheese recipe, leave it to cool completely, and freeze it in an airtight container. Defrost it in the fridge for a few hours before serving.
I hope you enjoy this vegan Havarti cheese recipe, and, as always, please let me know how it goes in the comment section below! Thanks for reading!