The vegan funnel cake recipe is a perfect dessert for vegan and non-vegan guests. With some simple ingredients and a microwave, you will have a fresh alternative to those heavy sweet fried dough creations that you normally enjoy at county and state fairs.
You will find this vegan funnel cake recipe easy to make with an ingredient list that makes sense for the times we live in.
The best part is that this rich deep-fried dessert has a crispy exterior giving way to layers of rich, decadent flavor. Its fluffy pumpkin flavor and spiced crust are a silky, rich treat that all vegan guests enjoy.
What Is A Vegan Funnel Cake Recipe?
Vegan funnel cake is a deep-fried yeast pastry dough that is sweet, fluffy, and light. It is made from finely ground flour, vital wheat gluten, and potato starch. It is a savory treat that can be enjoyed both on its own or served as an appetizer dipped in vegan butter.
Benefits Of Eating This Vegan Funnel Cake Recipe
Vegan funnel cake is a rich, decadent treat rather than healthy food. Its gluten-rich crispy texture and deep-fried center can add up weight.
Instead of going for the traditional deep-fried dough, you can create this vegan funnel cake with a healthier alternative to add rich flavor without added calories and fat.
How To Make A Vegan Funnel Cake Recipe?
The vegan funnel cake recipe is easy to make and delicious. Follow this easy vegan funnel cake recipe to make this deep-fried dough dessert at home.
- Vegan funnel cake pan.
- Large pot.
- Large bowl.
- Mixing bowls.
- Microwave-safe bowl.
- Large spoon or ladle.
- 1/3 cup of sorghum flour.
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose gluten-free flour.
- 2 tablespoons of potato starch alternative.
- 2 tablespoons of soy powder alternative.
- 2 cups of almond milk or hemp milk alternative.
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- A few drops of coconut oil grease the pan.
- Salt, pepper, and granulated sugar to taste.
- Vegan butter alternative such as Earth Balance if needed.
1. Mix all of the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Then slowly add in the almond milk while stirring to form a batter. Add in the vanilla extract and beat well. If you like your funnel cake sweeter, add a little bit of sugar before making it into the funnel cake batter.
2. Heat a large pot of water and drop in the vegan butter alternative. Stir to melt.
3. Meanwhile, grease the funnel cake pan with coconut oil or vegan butter alternative and heat it in the microwave for about 10 minutes.
4. Once both are melted, pour the batter into your funnel cake pan and bake for about 20 minutes. Check on it frequently to ensure you do not burn it because over-baking will cause your vegan funnel cake to go uncooked or burned when you remove it from the oven.
5. When cooked, you can serve it with a vegan butter alternative, vegan chocolate sauce, or any other dip.
6. Once you are done cooking, use a spoon to scoop out your vegan funnel cake from the pan.
7. Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts Of Vegan Funnel Cake Recipe
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Net Carbs||27.5 g|
Amazing Health Benefits Of Vegan Funnel Cake Recipe
1. Vegan funnel cake is low in fat, low in sodium, and very low in cholesterol, depending on the ingredients used by the baker. This vegan funnel cake recipe is made with non-animal products.
2. Vegan funnel cake can be enjoyed as a whole food treat for vegans and non-vegans alike. This vegan dessert’s delicate textures and flavors will add to your family reunion or county fair without adding too many calories or fat to your daily diet plan.
3. This vegan funnel cake is a veganized version of the American fry cake. It is a gluten-free dessert low in carbohydrates, fat, and calories. This deep-fried dough is made with simple ingredients found in most homes. These ingredients include flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and gluten-free flour alternatives such as sorghum flour or rice flour.
4. Vegan funnel cake is a sweet treat without the added sugars and fats of the traditional deep-fried dough. Instead of using butter or lard to make your funnel cake batter, you can use vegan butter and Earth Balance to create this delicious dessert.
5. This dessert is best enjoyed fresh, so you do not have to worry about reheating it for later.
6. Vegan funnel cake is a heart-healthy option for your family due to its low cholesterol and fats.
7. Vegan funnel cake is a perfect treat for those who follow a gluten-free diet. The whole family can enjoy this vegan dessert, although anyone who may be allergic to gluten should make sure that there are no hidden ingredients in their gluten-free flour products that may make their food reactions worse.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
Prepare Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Is It Suitable For Pregnant Women?
The vegan funnel cake recipe is a gluten-free dessert that all the adults in your family can enjoy. However, pregnant women should refrain from eating a lot of this vegan dessert to avoid foods that may increase their risk for pregnancy complications.
Is It Suitable For Children?
The vegan funnel cake recipe is a treat that can be enjoyed by young and old alike. This vegan deep-fried dough dessert is made with simple ingredients easily accessible by most adults and children. It is also a sweet dessert that the whole family can enjoy.
Is It Suitable For Dieters?
The vegan funnel cake recipe is a healthy treat that has next to no fat, carbohydrates, or sodium but still gives you the delicious flavor of iced doughnuts.
There are no more than three servings per pack of this vegan funnel cake, so it can be enjoyed by dieters who are on a strict diet plan and have limited food options.
Is It Good For Heart Patients?
The vegan funnel cake recipe is a healthy treat that can be enjoyed by heart patients, especially those who might have a risk of high cholesterol due to the animal products used in the recipe.
The vegan butter alternative used for this vegan deep-fried dough has omega-3 fatty acids that are beneficial for heart patients and people at risk of getting cardiovascular diseases.
Is It Healthy For Breastfeeding Women?
The vegan funnel cake recipe is a gluten-free dessert that breastfeeding women enjoy. Any food ingested during the lactation period should have little to no risk of causing dangerous allergic reactions to the mom and baby.
Can Diabetics Eat It?
The vegan funnel cake recipe is a low-carb and low-sugar treat that can be enjoyed by people with diabetes since there are no more than three servings per pack.
People with diabetes should look at the carbohydrate content in the recipe, so they do not consume more sugar than what is allowed by the daily glucose consumption levels.
Is It Gluten-Free?
The vegan funnel cake recipe contains the most gluten-free ingredients that make this dessert safe for individuals with a gluten allergy or intolerance.
This dessert can also be enjoyed by people who avoid gluten for other reasons, such as maintaining a healthy heart and preventing weight gain.
Can I Freeze This Recipe?
You can freeze the vegan funnel cake after it has been cooked and cooled down. However, it would help if you defrosted this deep-fried dough cake before either freezing or cooking again.
You can also place your funnel cakes in a freezer bag and store them in the freezer to save time when you want to enjoy one of these vegan sweets sometime later.
I hope you try my recipe and enjoy it as much as my family. This vegan funnel cake recipe is a wonderful treat that everyone can enjoy. It is also a whole food dessert that is completely gluten-free and dairy-free.
You don’t have to worry about the ingredients in this recipe as they are just simple ingredients that are easily accessible all online or at your local grocery store. All the adults in your family and even the kids can enjoy this dessert.
You can also enjoy this vegan dessert as a snack between meals or something sweet to celebrate a special event or holiday. You can read more of my recipes here.
If you have any questions, please contact me by replying to the comment section below or emailing me. Have a great day! Thank you for reading this article.