The vegan egg drop soup recipe is an easy-to-make and delicious soup. It is made from soy milk, corn starch, green onions, and water.
This vegan egg drop soup is flavorful, filling, and low in fat. It is great to serve as a main dish by itself or with your favorite side dishes.
If you are on a diet or prefer to eat low-fat, this vegan egg drop soup would fit well into any meal plan. You can also incorporate it into your meal plan if you are a vegetarian or vegan.
How To Make A Vegan Egg Drop Soup Recipe?
It is an easy recipe to make and has simple ingredients. You will be surprised how yummy it is as well. To get started, you need to gather the ingredients listed above and follow the instructions below.
- large pot
- Whisk or spoon
- Soup bowls
- Large bowl
- 1/2 cup of soy milk
- 1 tablespoon of corn starch
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 2 tablespoons of green onions
- Salt and pepper to taste (if desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
- 8 ounces of vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon of brown sugar
1. Stir the soy milk, corn starch, water, and green onions in a large bowl. Set this aside for now.
2. Pour the vegetable broth into the pot. Add the pepper flakes, ginger, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper to the broth. Bring this mixture to a boil and then reduce heat to medium-low heat until it is simmering gently.
3. Stir in brown sugar until it dissolves completely into the soup broth and soy sauce (to taste). Remove from heat. Then add the corn starch mixture slowly, stirring with a whisk or spoon.
4. Put the pot back onto medium-low heat and add the green onions and 1/4 cup of water (or more for desired thickness). Stir gently until ingredients are mixed thoroughly, and the soup is heated for about 2 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste (if desired).
5. Soup is ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts Of Vegan Egg Drop Soup Recipe
10 Best Health Benefits Of Vegan Egg Drop Soup Recipe
1. Low Calories: The soup is loaded with low-calorie ingredients.
2. Keeps You Full: This vegan egg drop soup recipe would fit well into any meal plan if you are on a diet or prefer to eat low fat.
3. Good For Weight Loss: If you want to lose weight or eat healthy food, this soup will work well for you as it is low fat and free from cholesterol.
4. Tastes Great: It is flavorful and filling while low in fat. It is great to serve as a main dish by itself or with your favorite side dishes.
5. Is Healthy For The Heart: This vegan egg drop soup recipe helps maintain your heart’s health and reduces cholesterol levels and weight without losing calories.
6. Helps You Build Up Immunity: Boosts your immune system to fight off different diseases more easily besides boosting your overall health and strength.
7. Contains Essential Nutrients: This Vegan Egg Drop Soup Recipe contains essential nutrients that are good for you, such as fiber, protein, and vitamins.
8. Provides Good Energy: This Vegan Egg Drop Soup Recipe provides good energy when you eat it, making it perfect for breakfast meals.
9. Contains Vitamin C: This Vegan Egg Drop Soup Recipe contains Vitamin C, which is known to help boost your immune system.
10. Helps In Weight Loss: This Vegan Egg Drop Soup Recipe can help you lose weight fast by boosting your metabolism and lowering your appetite, making you eat less and lose weight.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
Prepare Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
1. You can cook this soup in a pot or an electric slow cooker. Make sure you use a large bowl as the soup will increase in volume by adding water while cooking.
2. If the soup is too thick at first, add some more water and cook until it reaches desired consistency. Taste the soup to ensure it is right before serving so that you do not need to add salt, pepper, or soy sauce once served (if desired).
3. The soup may be refrigerated in an airtight container and stored for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
4. If you want to add more flavor and zest to the soup, try adding a tablespoon of lemon juice when cooking the soup.
Can I Freeze It?
Yes, you can freeze this soup in an airtight container and freeze it for up to 4 months. To reheat the soup: defrost and add a little water before serving.
How Can I Serve This Recipe?
Serve the soup alone or with a nice green salad, bread, or other carbs for a delicious meal.
It is easy to make this vegan egg drop soup, and tastes great. You can enjoy its good taste by preparing this recipe and serving it with your family and friends. You can also share this recipe with others so that they can enjoy a healthy meal too. Thank you !!!