The vegan dragon roll recipe is an amazing twist on the traditional sushi roll. This is the perfect dish for any vegan or vegetarian who loves sushi!
It’s warm, crispy outside, and refreshingly cool inside with all of your favorite vegetables, tempeh strips, and Sriracha mayo.
If you are searching for ways to turn your sushi roll into a complete meal, this one is it! The vegan dragon roll recipe is the perfect way to dress up your favorite sushi roll and create an entirely new dish.
What Is A Vegan Dragon Roll Recipe?
The veggie dragon roll recipe is a delicious organic sushi roll made with your favorite vegetables, tempeh strips, and Sriracha mayo.
This recipe is a full meal on its own with quinoa and avocado! The apple cider vinegar serves as a great flavor booster for sushi rice and an extra dose of vitamin B12.
Benefits Of Eating This
Vegan Dragon Roll Recipe is a great source of essential vitamins and minerals. It also provides an excellent source of vitamin B12.
Vegan Dragon Roll Recipe provides your body with high levels of Riboflavin, a nutrient protein that assists with the production of DNA, which helps support the health of nerves and cells.
Your body also needs vitamin B12 to support energy levels, red blood cells, and metabolism. There are many benefits of adding tempeh to your diet, including high levels of protein and fiber. Tempeh also has high levels of iron and calcium.
The veggie dragon roll recipe is full of vitamin C, which helps boost immunity and fight off free radicals in the body. This roll contains a good source of dietary fiber to help prevent constipation and promote weight loss.
How To Make A Vegan Dragon Roll Recipe?
Making a vegan dragon roll recipe is straightforward. You will want to make sure that you follow these easy steps:
- Baking sheet.
- 2 sheets of nori seaweed.
- Small bowl (can be glass, ceramic, or plastic).
- Spoon or chopstick.
To Make The Sushi Rice
- 1 cup short-grain sushi rice.
- 1 cup of water.
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar.
- 1 teaspoon of salt.
To Make The Roll
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo.
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced.
- 3 carrots, diced.
- 1 avocado, peeled and cubed.
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha (or to taste).
To Make The Dressing
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar.
- 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- 2 teaspoons of sesame oil.
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce.
To Top (Optional)
- 1/2 cup of quinoa.
- 1/2 cup sliced button mushrooms.
- 1 scallion, chopped.
1. To make the sushi rice, place the rice and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce to low heat, cover, and let simmer for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let it stand for about 10 minutes before removing the lid.
2. Add 1/3 cup of vinegar and 1 teaspoon of salt to the cooked rice and mix well with a spatula. Cover with lid and let it sit until it has cooled down completely (about 30-40 minutes).
3. In a small bowl, mix 1/3 cup of rice vinegar (to make the dressing), 1/2 teaspoon of sugar, 1 teaspoon of sesame oil, and 1 teaspoon of soy sauce. Cover with lid and set it aside until needed.
4. Soak 2 sheets of nori seaweed in water for about 5 minutes or until soft and pliable. Place a sheet on top of a bamboo sushi paddle (or spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray) and spread about 1/4 cup of rice across the sheet.
5. Lay down 2 tablespoons of tempeh strips in the middle of the rice and place other sheets over it. Press firmly but gently to make sure that everything sticks together.
6. Use wet hands to form a roll shape (the water will help the roll stick together). Use a very sharp knife to cut it into pieces and plate it.
7. To make the Sriracha mayo, mix 1/4 cup vegan mayo with 1 teaspoon of Sriracha by hand.
8. To make the dressing, mix 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar, 2 teaspoons of sugar, 1 teaspoon of sesame oil, and 1 teaspoon of soy sauce in a small bowl.
9. Slice the avocado and cucumber thinly. Place 2 tablespoons of Sriracha mayo in the middle and top with cucumber, tempeh strips, carrots, mushrooms, and scallions on top. You can also sprinkle quinoa on top, as it is a great way to add some extra protein to your meal.
Nutrition Facts Of Vegan Dragon Roll Recipe
|Saturated Fat||1.3 g|
5 Amazing Freezing Ideas For A Vegan Dragon Roll Recipe
1. Freeze in a single layer on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. The frozen tempeh strips should be placed in a freezer bag and frozen for up to 6 weeks. You can then use them to make vegan dragon rolls whenever you want (and they are very quick and efficient). Add the tempeh strips directly from the freezer to your sushi rice, then roll it up and slice it when it’s ready!
2. Wrap each roll tightly in plastic wrap, place each one between two sheets of baking paper and then stick it in the freezer. If you freeze them in this way, you will be able to remove just a few rolls from the freezer at a time and then let them thaw for a few hours before eating them.
3. Make sure that you leave about 1/4 – 1/2 inches of space between each roll so that they don’t stick to your plastic wrap when they freeze.
4. If you want to make them ahead of time and freeze them, bring the rolls out of the freezer and let them thaw in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving.
5. slice each roll into thirds and pack them into a freezer bag before freezing.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
Prepare Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
Is It Suitable For Pregnant Women?
This vegan dragon roll recipe is perfect for pregnant women. It has enough protein to help you keep the baby bump full and healthy.
Is It Good For Diabetic Patients?
This vegan dragon roll recipe is great for diabetic patients. It has a healthy dose of fiber, which helps slow the process of sugar and other carbohydrates being absorbed into the bloodstream.
Is It Safe For Heart Patients?
This vegan dragon roll recipe is perfect for heart patients. It has a healthy dose of calcium to help keep your heart strong.
Are Kids Friendly?
This vegan dragon roll recipe is kids friendly. The tastes will be great for them, and they will eat the tempeh strips because they look like the real thing!
Is It Good For Breastfeeding Women?
This vegan dragon roll recipe is great for breastfeeding women. It helps replenish your breast milk supply and provides plenty of protein to keep your growing baby healthy.
Is It Good For Adult Males?
This vegan dragon roll recipe is good for adult males. It has a healthy dose of protein and omega-3 fatty acids to help them get lean and muscular.
I hope you enjoy this vegan dragon roll recipe as much as I did. Please share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest if you do.
Do you have any questions about the recipe? Leave your comments below, and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks for reading this article.