The vegan crouton recipe is a versatile dish used topping for salads, soups, and more. Many think of the recipe as the perfect replacement for the traditional crouton to avoid animal products in your diet.
This vegan crouton recipe is simple because it only requires basic ingredients like garlic, zucchini squash, dried thyme, and nutritional yeast. With such easy prep work, this recipe is perfect for those new to cooking vegan food.
What Is A Vegan Crouton Recipe?
A vegan crouton recipe is a vegan recipe that uses garlic and zucchini squash to imitate the flavor of a traditional crouton.
This vegan crouton recipe also contains nutritional yeast and dried thyme as additional ingredients. Both of these ingredients add additional flavors to the taste of this dish. If you are looking for something new, you may want to try this recipe for your next meal.
How To Make A Vegan Crouton Recipe?
- One medium-sized bowl
- One saucepan
- A vegan margarine
- Half a cup of water or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 1/3 cup of nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme leaves
- One teaspoon of sea salt or kosher salt and pepper to taste
1. In a saucepan, add the water or vegetable broth and simmer it for at least 2 minutes. Add in your garlic powder and nutritional yeast. Stir it to ensure that all the ingredients are well combined.
2. Slice your zucchini squash into thin pieces and add them into a medium-sized bowl. Season them with salt, pepper, thyme, and garlic powder. Place this bowl aside for future use.
3. In a preheated oven, place a baking sheet. After that, spread the zucchini on top. Do it evenly and leave a little space on each side to allow the steam to escape.
4. Finally, pour your garlic-yeast mixture into your zucchini and bake it at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for around 10 to 15 minutes or until the vegetables are soft and browned.
5. Using a vegetable peeler, remove the zucchini from your baking sheet and serve them immediately with anything you want.
Nutritional facts of Vegan Crouton Recipe
6 Essential Health Benefits Of Vegan Crouton Recipe
1. The vegan crouton recipe is a vegan-friendly recipe with minimal cholesterol and high protein. Therefore, this dish is perfect for those who want to lose weight.
2. The vegan crouton recipe contains ingredients like water, garlic, and nutritional yeast, which are all beneficial in maintaining the health of one’s lungs, skin, and immune system.
3. In addition to that, the garlic powder contains manganese and vitamin B6. Both of these ingredients are useful in fighting infections and diseases.
4. The dried thyme leaves help protect the whole body by fighting bacteria and viruses. The vitamin B1 provided will also help strengthen the body’s immune system.
5. All of these ingredients also contain antioxidants, which will help remove any free radicals from the body and prevent many types of cancers.
6. Aside from that, the zucchini squash is also a vegetable that provides many nutrients like vitamins C, E, A, and K. It also contains protein and fibers, which are essential in maintaining the body’s health.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
Prepare Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Can I Freeze This Recipe?
Yes, you can. Just place the zucchini and crouton in freezer bags and freeze them for up to 6 months. They will stay fresh until you want to use them again. Whenever you want to reheat them, place them in the microwave and reheat for 10 to 15 seconds.
Will This Recipe Help Me Lose Weight?
No, this recipe will not help you lose weight because it contains only 5 grams of fat. However, if you are still interested, try adding some nutritional yeast flakes or avocado powder to your diet.
Is It Vegan-Friendly?
The recipe is vegan-friendly and can be prepared without any animal products. The dish itself contains only 5 grams of fat.
Therefore, if you are vegan or vegetarian, you may still want to add some nutritional yeast flakes to this recipe for an extra punch of flavor.
If you are not a vegan, this dish can also be used as a transition into the vegetarian or even vegan way of life.
The vegan crouton is a helpful recipe that puts convenience and flavor together. There are many variations to the recipe, and you can add them to other cooking styles for added benefits. Thank you for reading this article.