The vegan buckwheat cake recipe is a great alternative to the traditional cake recipe. The buckwheat flour in the cake makes it extra hearty, and the pureed fruit with strawberries adds a great fruity flavor. This recipe has no refined sugar. It’s also gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, and nut-free.
A vegan buckwheat cake recipe is a dessert recipe made with flour high in protein, gluten-free, and low in carbohydrates.
It’s especially good for people on the ketogenic diet who need to limit carbs. The buckwheat flour gives the cake a slight texture and earthiness that is very delicious.
If you’re starting with a vegan diet, recipes like the vegan buckwheat cake recipe are perfect for trying.
How To Make A Vegan Buckwheat Cake Recipe?
A vegan buckwheat cake recipe is simple and requires only a few ingredients. The only difference between this recipe and a conventional flour-based cake recipe is that we are replacing the all-purpose flour with buckwheat flour.
The buckwheat flour also makes it extra light. You can even make this recipe without gluten if you would like to. Just make sure to buy gluten-free buckwheat flour.
- Wooden spoon or rolling pin.
- Mixing bowl.
- Metal spatula or whisk.
- Cake tin with parchment paper on the bottom.
- A serrated knife for cutting the cake into slices (if you don’t have a s/steel knife, use a serrated bread knife).
- Dessert bowls.
- Buckwheat flour (gluten-free if necessary).
- Plant-based milk.
- Sugar (make sure it’s vegan and not refined).
- Flax seed mixed with water to make a stiff paste- optional.
- Vanilla extract- optional.
- Strawberry puree or strawberry paste (a sweetened purée of strawberries).
- Oil for greasing the pan.
- Vanilla frosting (optional but delicious).
- Fresh strawberries or fruit of choice.
- Coconut whipped cream(optional).
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a round cake tin with oil and line the bottom with parchment paper.
2. Wash, hull, and diced strawberries, and put them into a blender or food processor. Add 2 tablespoons of water, sugar, and salt (to taste) and blend until smooth.
3. Add the strawberry puree to a mixing bowl with the rest of the wet ingredients- plant-based milk, flax seed paste, vanilla extract (optional) and mix well. Add the buckwheat flour and mix well.
4. Pour the batter into the cake tin and bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool completely on a rack, then cover with aluminum foil while still slightly warm.
5. Remove from tinfoil, slice, and serve with coconut whipped cream or vanilla frosting if desired.
Nutrition Facts Of Vegan Buckwheat Cake Recipe
Best 10 Health Benefits Of Vegan Buckwheat Cake Recipe
1. This recipe is a great alternative to the traditional cake recipe, and it’s made with no refined sugar. It’s also gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, and low in carbohydrates. The buckwheat flour gives the cake a slight texture and earthiness that is very delicious.
2. As mentioned earlier, this vegan buckwheat cake recipe is gluten-free and low in carbohydrates, so it’s a great choice for the ketogenic diet. People on the ketogenic diet must limit carbs to reduce insulin spikes and store body fat. This recipe will help you reach your carb limit without feeling bloated or having a sugar crash after meals.
3. This recipe is a great alternative for people allergic to nuts and eggs.
4. This cake is great for those who want to lose weight as it’s high in protein and low in carbs
5. This vegan buckwheat cake recipe will also help you gain muscle mass. The protein from the buckwheat flour and the plant-based milk will help you build muscles (especially your legs).
6. Besides its high protein content, this cake also has a plethora of healthy vitamins and minerals. Buckwheat flour is high in fiber, which will help you maintain a healthy digestive system.
7. A vegan buckwheat cake recipe is a great choice for those who want to increase their intake of antioxidants, fiber, and folate. One serving of this cake contains 2 grams of fiber and 6 percent of your daily value of folate.
8. buckwheat flour is also a good source of manganese, which can help with metabolism, thyroid, and antioxidant functions.
9. This vegan buckwheat cake recipe contains healthy omega3s that are important for skin health and brain function.
10. The blackstrap molasses in this cake will give your antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits. It also has phytosterols, which are known to aid in the management of cholesterol and blood pressure.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
Prepare Time: 15 minutes.
Cook Time: 40 minutes.
Total Time: 55 minutes.
Is It Good For Diabetic Patients?
As mentioned earlier, this vegan buckwheat cake recipe is low in carbs and high in protein, both essential for diabetic patients.
The absence of refined sugar and plant-based milk will also help lower blood sugar levels. This recipe is also a good option for those on the ketogenic diet to manage diabetes because it’s low in carbs.
Is It Suitable For Pregnant Women?
This vegan buckwheat cake is safe for pregnant women. You can enjoy your favorite treats after your pregnancy if you don’t eat sugary cakes or pastries. Don’t forget to talk to your doctor first, though.
Does It Contain Eggs?
No. This recipe does not contain any eggs. If you’re allergic to eggs, this is a perfect recipe.
Can Vegans Eat This Cake?
Yes. Vegans (and people allergic to eggs) can enjoy this vegan buckwheat cake recipe too! Make sure the sugar you use is vegan and has no refined sugar.
How Long Is The Cake Good For?
If stored in a sealed container, this vegan buckwheat cake recipe can last up to 4 days on the counter. If stored in the refrigerator, it will last up to 3 days.
I hope you enjoyed the vegan buckwheat cake recipe! I think this cake is a great alternative to the traditional cake, and it’s delicious!
This is the perfect recipe for you if you want to eat healthily. It is high in protein and fiber and it’s low in refined sugar. You can also choose this recipe if you’re on the ketogenic diet to help manage your diabetes. Enjoy!
If you like this recipe, please leave a rating and share it on Facebook and other social media platforms. It helps me know that you are enjoying what you are reading. Thank you for reading this article.