The vegan brookie recipe is a vegan take on the ooey-gooey chocolate chip cookie. It is flourless, dairy-free, and gluten-free according to the dietary restrictions of a vegan diet. The brookie recipe is also egg-less, which is suitable for vegan people with high cholesterol.
The Brookie is also low in saturated fat; however, it still contains natural cocoa, vanilla, and other important ingredients that make this vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe a delicious version of the original cookies!
What Are The Recipe Benefits Of Eating This?
Besides the fact that it is made of natural ingredients, vegan brookie cookies are also a good source of fiber which helps you stay fuller longer.
The Vegan Brookie Recipe also has a low glycemic index, which means it won’t spike your blood sugar. Instead, it will help stabilize your blood sugar levels throughout the day.
So, when you’re feeling hungry in between meals or need some sweet treat to satisfy your cravings, snack on a brookie!
How To Make A Vegan Brookie Recipe?
The vegan brookie recipe is easy to make and can be enjoyed by anyone. Here is what you need:
- 1 large mixing bowl.
- 1 medium mixing bowl.
- 1 teaspoon-sized measuring spoon.
- 1 tablespoon measuring spoon.
- Parchment paper (optional).
For The Brownie Layer
- 200 gr. dark chocolate.
- 30 gr. unsweetened cocoa.
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar.
- 1/2 cup non-dairy butter (such as Earth Balance buttery spread).
- 1/4 cup soy milk.
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract.
For The Peanut Butter Layer
- 40 gr. unsweetened cocoa.
- vegan buttery spread (such as Earth Balance) or non-dairy butter, at room temperature.
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter (or almond or other nut butter).
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 1/4 cup of non-dairy milk (such as almond milk or soy milk).
For The Chocolate Chips Layer
- 200 gr. dark chocolate.
For The Brookie Crumb Layer
- 30 gr. oat flour (or any gluten-free flour).
- 200 gr. dark chocolate (optional: add some berries, dried fruits, or spices to create different versions of this cookie!).
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place the medium mixing bowl on a piece of parchment paper and set it aside. Add the chocolate, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, and butter to the mixing bowl of your kitchen aid or hand mixer (or stand mixer if you’re feeling ambitious!) and mix until creamy. If you don’t have a kitchen aid or hand mixer, you can melt the butter separately in a saucepan, add the melted butter to a mixing bowl with the rest of your ingredients and mix them by hand.
3. Add the soy milk and vanilla extract and mix until it becomes a creamy mix.
4. Transfer the chocolate mixture to your medium mixing bowl on the parchment paper. Cover it with another piece of parchment paper or plastic wrap and place in the fridge for about 10 minutes or until it becomes firm enough to handle.
5. Remove the medium bowl from the fridge and scrape the chocolate mixture onto a cutting board or large wooden board. Place about half of the chocolate mixture and then fold it over. Use a rolling pin or your hands (depending on how thick or thin you want your brookies to be) to roll out the dough into a large rectangle, then repeat with the second half of your chocolate mixture.
5. Line a baking pan with parchment paper and pour your chocolate dough onto it. If you’re making a large batch of brookies, you can also use two baking pans and make sure that the first layer or cookies are about one inch apart. You can also line your baking dish with parchment paper, then place two cookie sheets on each other so that the cookies do not slide around during the baking process.
6. Sprinkle some oat flour if you don’t already have some in your kitchen pantry. Otherwise, you can use a spoon or your hands to smooth the dough into a thin layer. Add more oat flour if you think it is necessary. Then add 2 tablespoons of buttery vegan spread or another non-dairy butter substitute (we recommend Earth Balance Buttery Spread) and spread it evenly over the dough.
7. If you want to press your brookies, place them on top of a baking sheet and bake them in the oven for 12 minutes at 375 degrees F. If you don’t want a brookie with a big crumb,, outside, you can bake the brookies for about eight minutes. Then enjoy them warm or room temperature. You can even make your vegan chocolate chips and add them to the top or inside of the cookies when they are completely cooled down.
8. If you want to decorate your brookies, put the parchment paper on top of them again and roll them out like before. Sprinkle more flour, then add about two tablespoons of buttery vegan spread evenly over the dough. If you want to add some fresh berries, dried fruit, or spices to your Brookie, place them on top of the buttery spread. You can also enjoy a crunchier brookie by sprinkling some oat flour on top before baking them in the oven. Baking time is about 12 minutes for this version.
9. Let your brookies cool down completely before eating them. You can store them in an air-tight container for about two weeks.
10. Enjoy your vegan Brookie!
Nutrition Facts Of Vegan Brookie Recipe
5 Amazing Serving Suggestions For A Vegan Brookie Recipe
1. Enjoy your Brookie with a glass of coconut water for a vegan beach day snack.
2. Bake some brookies with your favorite chocolate chips, then eat them on the go (or eat them before dinner).
3. Make some vegan peanut butter brownies to add to your next cookie bar. Add some more vegan buttery spread if you want, and make sure that the brownie layer is thick enough so that it does not crack when you cut into it!
4. Bake some brookies for a large family gathering or date night. You can always freeze them in an air-tight container or small bag and bake them from frozen!
5. Serve the brookies with a warm cup of tea on top of your favorite book. You can add some rose petals and a little sachet of herbs to make it even better.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
Prepare Time: 45 minutes (includes the baking time).
Cook Time: 12 minutes.
Total Time: 53 minutes.
Is Vegan Brookie Recipe Suitable For Pregnant Women?
This Vegan Brookie Recipe is suitable for all the different stages of pregnancy. It contains no ingredients that might have negative effects on a developing baby. However, it does contain ingredients that are rich in fiber and contain some carbohydrates.
Is It Gluten-Free?
This Vegan Brookie Recipe is gluten-free. If you cannot eat gluten, you can still enjoy this vegan brookie recipe by using a non-dairy buttery spread instead of a vegan one.
Is It Good For Heart Patients?
This Vegan Brookie Recipe is not recommended for patients diagnosed with heart disease because it contains quite a few carbohydrates.
Is It Good For Toddlers?
Toddlers and children can enjoy this recipe. However, depending on their preferences, you might have to prepare the recipe with or without the chocolate chips.
If you think your child will not enjoy the chocolate chips, you can bake some of your brookies into small brownies with the rest of your favorite ingredients and spread them with a bit of peanut butter.
Can I Make This Recipe Dairy-Free?
You can make this Vegan Brookie Recipe dairy-free by swapping a few ingredients. When preparing the oat flour topping, replace it with a bit of oat flour or oat flakes and nut butter instead of a regular buttery spread.
Is It Healthy For Breastfeeding Women?
This Vegan Brookie Recipe is not recommended for breastfeeding women because it contains quite a few carbohydrates and sugar.
I hope you enjoyed the vegan brookie recipe. If you have any questions about a recipe, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below.
You can also use the social media buttons to share it with your friends, family, and followers! Thanks for reading this article.