The vegan birria tacos recipe is a flavorful protein option that is both vegan and gluten-free. It’s a dish that can be served to those of any dietary restriction, such as vegan, vegetarian, or gluten-free.
The mix of ingredients and spices creates an earthy flavor in the recipe that you’re sure to love. The vegan birria tacos recipe will have you hooked with its bold flavors and ease of preparation.
The recipe calls for a few different spices, but you can easily swap out one or two of the spices if you don’t have them on hand. Follow this recipe below and enjoy!
What Is A Vegan Birria Tacos Recipe?
A vegan birria recipe is a traditional dish from Jalisco state in Mexico. The vegan version of this recipe is made with soy protein and cubes or chunks of seitan. This meat substitute is often found in Mexican dishes, including tacos, burritos, and enchiladas.
What Are The Recipe Benefits Of Eating This?
The vegan birria tacos recipe is a simple-to-make dish that everyone is sure to enjoy. It can be served with any taco or burrito of your liking and provides plant-based protein suitable for vegetarians, vegans, and anyone else who follows a plant-based diet. This dish can also be enjoyed in the winter as it warms you up from the inside out.
How To Make A Vegan Birria Tacos Recipe?
The vegan birria tacos recipe is one that you can easily make at home. Just don’t forget to follow the recipe below! This is a great dish to make ahead of time, as you’ll see in the pictures. You can even serve this dish with a side of guacamole! Enjoy!
- Cooking griddle.
- Chopping board.
- Skillet or frying pan.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped yellow bell pepper (or red).
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic (about 4 large cloves).
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder (or more, to taste).
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin powder (about 3/4 teaspoons).
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander powder (about 1/2 teaspoon).
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt.
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder (about 1/2 teaspoon).
- 1 tablespoon each of flour (for corn tortillas) and cornmeal (for flour tortillas).
- 2 cups, or cans, low-sodium black beans and diced tomatoes.
- 3 cups cooked shredded cooked white chicken.
- 3 tablespoons oil for frying the tacos.
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh cilantro.
- Hot sauce (for garnish).
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onions, bell pepper, and garlic, stirring occasionally. Cook until the vegetables are tender and fragrant (about 3 minutes).
2. Add the chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, salt, and cumin powder to the pan and stir until heated (about 1 minute).
3. Stir in flour and cook for about 2 minutes. Stir in the black beans and tomatoes. Cook for 1 minute.
4. Add the shredded chicken, stirring to combine with the other ingredients. Cook until heated through (about 4-5 minutes).
5. Heat each tortilla by frying it on a pan over medium-high heat or roast it in a toaster oven or microwave oven for about 30 seconds.
6. Assemble your vegan birria tacos recipe by placing 2 teaspoons of birria on each tortilla and garnish with cilantro and hot sauce if desired. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts Of Vegan Birria Tacos Recipe
5 Best Health Benefits Of Vegan Birria Tacos Recipe
1. Vegan Birria Is A Protein-Packed Meal
The vegan birria tacos recipe is packed with protein, which means it’s a complete meal. The dish contains about 21 grams of protein per serving and is also high in iron and other important minerals.
2. Vegan Birria Is Low In Carbs
With only 20 grams of carbohydrates per serving, the vegan birria tacos recipe is perfect for those looking to cut back on their carb intake. The dish contains 9 grams of total fat and only 2 grams of sugar.
3. Vegan Birria Is A Dietary Option For People With Allergies
If you’re one of the more than 8 million Americans affected by food allergies, the vegan birria tacos recipe is a great way to enjoy a flavorful dish that is safe for you. The dish contains no allergens found in wheat or other common allergens such as dairy or nuts.
4. Vegan Birria Is Heart Healthy
Surprisingly, the vegan birria tacos recipe is not only low in carbs but also low in fat. This dish does not contribute to heart disease at only 9 grams of total fat per serving. Additionally, it contains no cholesterol and only 2 grams of sugar.
5. Vegan Birria Is A Delicious, Hearty Meal
With its bold flavors, the vegan birria tacos recipe tastes as good as it looks. The dish is not only healthy but also flavorful and filling and can be enjoyed in the winter months thanks to its warming spices.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
Prepare Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Can I Freeze This Recipe?
Is It Gluten-Free?
Yes. This recipe is gluten-free. It does not include any foods that contain gluten, such as flour.
Is It Good For Heart Patients?
The vegan birria tacos recipe is considered a heart-healthy meal thanks to its low fat, high protein, and no cholesterol. The dish also contains little sugar and no gluten.
Is It Suitable For Diabetic Patients?
This dish is unsuitable for diabetic patients as it contains high sugar (2 grams per serving).
Is It Safe For Pregnant Women?
The vegan birria tacos recipe is safe for pregnant women as long as you are sure you are not allergic to any ingredients used in this recipe.
Is It Kids-Friendly?
This dish is safe to eat by children and is also easy to make. It is also a good choice as a cold-weather treat! Keep it in mind when you’re planning your next meal.
Is It Healthy For Breastfeeding Women?
The vegan birria tacos recipe is not only healthy for breastfeeding women, but it is also easy to make and a good choice for those looking to add protein to their diet.
Are There Any Side Effects?
There are no known side effects associated with this dish. However, you should avoid eating too much of the dish at one time to prevent stomach upset.
I hope you enjoy the vegan birria tacos recipe. If you like this recipe, share it with your friends and family. Do you have any questions or suggestions about this recipe? Leave me a comment in the comment box below. Thank you for reading this vegan birria tacos recipe.