The vegan apple dumpling recipe is comfort food with a unique taste and texture. It is easy to make and tastes great with a little cinnamon sprinkled.
This recipe makes four dumplings which are light and sweet enough to be enjoyed as dessert but can also be served as breakfast or lunch. They are a great way to get a serving of fruit into your diet.
What Is A Vegan Apple Dumpling Recipe?
The vegan apple dumpling recipe is a delightful treat that is easy to make and unique in taste. It includes apples, a pastry crust, and spices. This recipe has many variations, but the vegan version does not use any dairy products.
In place of milk, small amounts of soy milk or water may be substituted for the apple juice in the dumpling. These dumplings are a great way to get fruit into your diet and are enjoyed by many.
Benefits Of Eating This Vegan Apple Dumpling Recipe
There are many benefits to eating this vegan apple dumpling recipe. As it includes a serving of fruit, it is a wonderful way to get your daily fruit requirement into your diet.
The key ingredients include apples and pastry crust which are rich in carbohydrates and protein. These two ingredients provide you with the nutrients that you need on a day-to-day basis.
The flavor in this recipe is unique but will be enjoyed by most people who like sweet treats. Some of the nutrients that this recipe can provide you with include:
- Iron is important for your metabolism, healthy red blood cells, and immune system.
- Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that fights off free radicals and helps support your immune system.
- Potassium, calcium, and magnesium are all essential for heart health and high blood pressure and to support your nervous system.
- Other B complex vitamins include niacin, riboflavin, thiamine, and folate. These are all important for healthy skin, eyes, hair, and a healthy nervous system.
How To Make A Vegan Apple Dumpling Recipe?
This vegan apple dumpling recipe is easy to make and can be prepared in under an hour. Here are the steps that you need to follow to make a vegan apple dumpling recipe:
- Large mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Baking sheet or casserole dish with cover
- Granny Smith or Gala apples
- All-purpose flour (for the dumpling dough)
- Whole wheat pastry flour (for the dumpling dough)
- Vegetable cooking oil
- Unsweetened apple juice or soy milk (for the apple mixture)
- 4 cups apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour or other flour of choice
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the apple mixture with the unsweetened apple juice or soy milk until the consistency is smooth.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the dumpling dough ingredients.
3. On a piece of parchment paper, roll out the dumpling dough until it is about ½ inch thick.
4. With a pastry cutter, cut the dough into about 2-inches in diameter rounds.
5. With a small spoon or knife, scoop out about ¾ cup of the apple mixture and place it in the center of each round.
6. Brush some vegetable cooking oil on top of each round and fold it to form a half circle. Press down on the edges of each dumpling with a fork to seal the seam.
7. Bake for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
8. Allow the dumplings to cool before enjoying.
Best 6 Nutrition Facts Of Vegan Apple Dumpling Recipe
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
Prepare Time: 10 minutes.
Cook Time: 15 minutes.
Total Time: 25 minutes.
Is It Gluten-Free?
Yes, the vegan apple dumpling recipe is gluten-free.
Is It Nut-Free?
Yes, this recipe can be prepared without nuts, and the vegan version does not contain any dairy products to substitute for them.
Can You Freeze It?
It is possible to freeze the vegan apple dumpling recipe and reheat them once defrosted. However, they are best eaten fresh.
I hope you enjoy this vegan apple dumpling recipe. I am sure you will find this recipe unique and tasty. It is very easy to prepare and can be eaten as dessert or breakfast.
The fact that it can be prepared quickly and with simple ingredients makes it an ideal recipe for anyone looking for a quick, tasty meal. Have a good day! Thank you for reading this article.