Veg Jaipuri Recipe With Papad is a popular north Indian dish, which is quite different from the usual food one makes with bread.
The ‘Jaipuri’ part refers to cubes of deep-fried bread (also known as papadum), and the ‘veg’ part is for vegetables incorporated into this vegetarian dish.
The whole dish is then finished with sweet and sour chutney. So, the combination of hot and sour spicy tastes makes this dish so flavourful.
These vegan Jaipuri are highly recommended for people who follow the vegan diet or vegetarians on their daily diet.
What Is A Veg Jaipuri Recipe With Papad?
The word ‘veg’ stands for vegetables, and Jaipuri refers to the deep-fried bread in this recipe. Veg Jaipuri is a north Indian dish made with a combination of vegetables and deep-fried papad with a dollop of sweet-sour chutney on the top.
This Veg Jaipuri Recipe With Papad was invented by the vendors in Mumbai or Jaipur city. The vendor would deep fry the bread to make them crispy, using unsalted vegetable oil.
You can also serve veg Jaipuri as a side dish and idli or dosa. You can also serve it with rice and chapati. You can serve it as a main dish with steamed rice and vote chappati or naan bread. If you are looking for more Indian vegan recipes, veg Jaipuri willy impress you.
What Are The Benefits Of Eating This Recipe?
The veg Jaipuri recipe combines the goodness of vegetables and papad (deep-fried bread), which are cooked with some spices and a dash of sugar in gravy.
With all these combinations, the dish gets extra flavor and taste. In addition, as this dish is vegan, it is also very nutritious for people on a vegetarian diet.
How To Make Veg Jaipuri Recipe With Papad?
Making the veg Jaipuri recipes with papad is simple and easy. You have to follow these steps. All you will need:
- Oil (for deep-frying).
- Ladle or spoon.
- Measuring cup.
- Hand blender or food processor.
- Serving bowl.
- 3 Medium Chopped Onions.
- 2 medium Chopped Tomatoes.
- 1 Chopped Capsicum.
- 1/2 cup Chopped Carrots.
- 1/2 cup Green Peas.
- 1/2 cup Chopped Cauliflower.
- 1 Chopped Potato.
- 1/2 cup Beans (optional).
- 2 tbsp Chilli Powder.
- 2 tbsp Coriander Powder.
- 2 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste.
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder.
- 1/4 tsp Red Chili Powder (optional).
- Salt to taste (as per your preference).
1. Heat oil in a hot pan, add the d chopped onions, and fry until golden brown.
2. Add chopped capsicum, tomatoes, green peas, chopped potatoes, carrots, and cauliflower and stir f,ry. Season with salt as per your taste.
3. Add the chili powder, coriander powder, ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, red ch, chili powder, and mix it well.
4. Cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot and deep-fried papad, or serve plain rice/roti/chapati.
Nutrition Facts Of Veg Jaipuri Recipe With Papad
7 Amazing Serving Ideas Of Veg Jaipuri Recipe With Papad
1. Serve Veg Jaipuri with steamed rice and papad/roti/chapati.
2. Serve veg Jaipuri with plain rice, steamed rice, and naan bread.
3. Veg Jaipuri is a great choice for your lunch or dinner. Serve it with either urad dal poha or baingan ka saag.
4. Veg Jaipuri will go well with winter dishes such as aloo gobi or Pongal.
5. Veg Jaipuri is a great choice for your lunch or dinner. Serve it with any veg gravy-like potato, cabbage, and carrot gravy or mix veg gravy with potatoes, cabbage and cauliflower and serve it along with roti/naan bread and pickle/chutney of your choice.
6. Veg Jaipuri is a great choice for your lunch or dinner. Serve it with any veg gravy-like potato, cabbage, and carrot gravy or mix veg gravy with potatoes, cabbage and cauliflower and serve it along with roti/naan bread and pickle/chutney of your choice.
7. Veg Jaipuri is a great choice for your lunch or dinner. Serve it with any veg gravy-like potato, cabbage, and carrot gravy or mix veg gravy with potatoes, cabbage and cauliflower and serve it along with roti/naan bread and pickle/chutney of your choice.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
Prepare Time: 10 minutes.
Cooking Time: 35 minutes.
Total Time: 45 minutes.
Is It Good For Diabetic Patients?
Yes. Veg Jaipuri contains no added sugar, which is good for people with diabetes.
Is It Suitable For Heart Patients?
No, Veg Jaipuri is a high-calorie food that is not good for our heart patients.
Is It Good For Weight Loss?
No. Veg Jaipuri is a high-calorie food that will lead to weight gain, so it is not good for weight loss.
How To Store Veg Jaipuri Recipe?
Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. It can last up to 3-4 days if properly stored and sealed in a container.
Is It Healthy For Breastfeeding Women?
Yes, Veg Jaipuri is a perfect choice of food for breastfeeding women. It doesn’t have any side effects and contains all the essential nutrients for breastfeeding women.
How To Cook Without Deep-Frying?
You can saute the onion, capsicum, and tomatoes in 2 tbsp oil or ghee, mix all ingredients and cook on low flame for 30 minutes.
I hope you like the post on the veg Jaipuri recipe with papad. If you liked this recipe, don’t forget to share it on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
And if you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to comment below. Thank you for reading this article.