Veg hara bhara kabab recipe is a good combination of vegetables and yogurt. It takes only 15 minutes to prepare this dish with fresh vegetables.
Those who are fasting can always keep it in the refrigerator and make it when they break the fast, hence the name ‘fast-breaking dish.’ It is a very healthy dish and can be served with roti, naan, or chapatti (puri).
The taste of this dish is enhanced when you add a little hot pepper and garam masala. You can also prepare the pomegranate sauce separately for the kababs.
What Is A Veg Hara Bhara Kabab Recipe?
Veg hara bhara kabab recipe combines chopped vegetables like carrot, onion, cauliflower, potatoes, and capsicum.
The veggies are cooked with yogurt and spices like cumin seeds, bay leaves, black pepper, salt, and Pepper To Make A Very Tasty Curry. Here Is The Easy Way To Cook The Veg Hara Bhara Kabab Recipe
What Are The Benefits Of Eating This Veg Hara Bhara Kabab Recipe?
It is a very healthy dish. Those who like eating a lot of veggies in small amounts can prepare this dish as it has different kinds of vegetables.
Since all the vegetables are cooked separately, and at the end, you can add different kinds of spices and make it as you want.
How To Make Veg Hara Bhara Kabab Recipe?
Veg hara bhara kabab recipe is a very simple dish to prepare. The equipment and ingredients are given below:
- Cooking pan or saucepan.
- Chopping box.
- Chopping board.
- 1 bunch palak leaves/spinach/baby spinach.
- 2 tsp oil.
- 2 large onions, sliced.
- 2 green chilies, chopped.
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste.
- 1 small tomato, chopped.
- 2 tbsp red chili powder.
- 1 and ½ tsp coriander powder (dhania powder).
- ½ tsp turmeric powder (Haldi).
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera).
For The Kabab Mix
- 3 tbsp yogurt (gram or ricotta will be good too).
- ½ tsp black pepper.
- ½ tsp garam mas.
For The Kabab Stuffing
- 1 small carrot, chopped.
- 1 small capsicum/bell pepper, chopped.
- 1 potato, boiled and cubed.
- ½ cup onion, chopped.
- ½ cup cauliflower, chopped.
For The Gravy
- 2 cups of water.
- 3 tbsp yogurt (or cream) optional.
- 1 tsp salt.
- 1 tsp red chili powder optional.
- 2 and ½ tbsps coriander powder (dhania PWD).
- ½ tsp garam mas.
- 1tsp ginger garlic paste.
- ½ tsp cumin seeds (jeera).
1. First, make the kabab mixture. Add 1 tbsp yogurt, ½ tsp black pepper, and ½ tsp garam masala, and mix well.
2. Now make the kabab stuffing. Add 1 tbsp yogurt, chopped onions, and garlic paste to the kabab mixture in a mixing bowl and mix well.
3. Mix all the veggies with the stuffing mixture in a mixing bowl and keep them aside for 30 minutes to blend properly.
4. Heat oil in the pan. Add cumin seeds, bay leaves, pepper, and salt and saute for a few seconds.
5. Add chopped palak leaves, capsicum/bell pepper, and potatoes, and saute for a minute.
6. Add the onion paste mixture to the saucepan and mix well with the kabab mixture prepared earlier in a mixing bowl (no need to add yogurt). Add red chili powder and coriander powder and mix well with the kabab mixture.
7. Add 2 tbsps of water and mix well. Let it cook on a medium flame for about 5 minutes or till the kababs are ready. Keep mixing in between.
8. Now add the kabab mixture to the gravy, mix well and let it cook covered for 10 minutes on a medium flame.
9. After 10 minutes, remove the lid, add garam masala, green chilies, and salt, and mix well again. Cook for another 5 minutes or till the kababs are cooked, and all the water evaporates from the gravy.
10. After removing the lid, let it cook for 3-4 minutes or until the flavors mix well together.
11. Remove from heat and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot with roti/chapati or naan.
Nutrition Facts Of Veg Hara Bhara Kabab Recipe
9 Best Serving Suggestions For Veg Hara Bhara Kabab Recipe
1. Serve it with any roti or naan.
2. You can also have it with jeera rice or biryani rice as a side dish.
3. It is served with cooked vegetables like aloo sabzi and gobi sabzi as a side dish.
4. It also tastes delicious when made with a little hot pepper, ginger, and garlic paste.
5. You can serve this veg hara bhara kabab recipe with pomegranate sauce for some extra toppings. Here is the easy way to make pomegranate sauce :
6. You can also make the gravy separately (without adding the kababs) and then add them after they are cooked.
7. The kababs can also be made as kebabs on a Tava/griddle.
8. You can add raisins or almonds to the kababs if you want to give them a crunchy texture.
9. The vegetables can be replaced with your choice of vegetables too.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
Prepare Time: 10 mins.
Cook Time: 15 mins.
Total Time: 25 mins.
Is It Suitable For Pregnant Women?
Yes, you can have this dish anytime during your pregnancy. It is a very healthy dish and will provide all the required nutrients to your growing baby.
Is It Good For Heart Patients?
This dish is very low in fat, so it is also good for heart patients, but please take care while consuming it. So make sure to have low-fat yogurt with it, or you can use low-fat cream.
Is It Healthy For Diabetic Patients?
This dish is good for diabetic patients, too, because it is very low in fat.
Is It Safe For Breastfeeding Women?
Yes, this dish is safe for breastfeeding women too. It’s an excellent source of vitamin C and other nutrients.
Can I Freeze This Recipe?
This dish can be prepared in advance and then stored in the freezer, making it very convenient to eat during the week.
I hope you will like this Veg Hara Bhara Kabab Recipe and give it a try. Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Please feel free to pin it, share it, and leave feedback in the comments below! Thank you!