The veg chapli kabab recipe is really easy to make. It is a type of Indian dish made with vegetables and spices. The dish is usually eaten during the vegetarian and vegan lean days. Some of the vegetables used in this recipe may vary according to your preference.
This mixture is used in the preparation of chapli kabab. There are some different ways to prepare the kababs. One may directly grill them on a flame while others roast them over the heat source.
In India, the dish is usually cooked at home, but it can be easily bought in the corner store or shop. This dish is made of wheat flour, but there is no need to eat wheat for its preparation. So, you can make it without using wheat flour.
What Is A Veg Chapli Kabab Recipe?
The Veg Chapli Kabab Recipe is a traditional Indian dish that is mostly cooked in almost all the states of the Indian subcontinent.
It is a spring or winter dish, usually served during moon festivals, and offers a light meal to your guests who are visiting you.
What Are The Benefits Of Eating This Veg Chapli Kabab Recipe?
This Veg Chapli Kabab Recipe is a good source of protein. Moreover, the vitamin B complex and calcium content in this dish make it a very healthy food that helps maintain bone strength and prevents rickets. This recipe’s high fiber content also helps reduce blood cholesterol levels.
How To Make A Veg Chapli Kabab Recipe?
We are going to learn how to make a veg chapli kabab recipe. This dish is easy to prepare. For this recipe, you will need:
- Chopping board.
- Griddle or grill pan.
- Potato – 1-2 tsp.
- Peas – 1/2 cup.
- Capsicum (bell pepper) – 1.
- Cucumber – 1/2 cup.
- Onion – 1 tablespoon.
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp.
- Coriander leaves (dhania).
- 3 tbsp finely chopped or crushed in a mortar and pestle.
- Salt to taste.
1. Take a mixing bowl. Add all the chopped vegetables, ginger, garlic paste, and salt.
2. Mix everything well and make sure that there are no lumps or bumps in it. If there are any, smash them with a spatula and stir gently until they blend well with the vegetables.
3. Take a skillet or grill pan. Heat the pan on a medium flame (or you may use your gas stove).
4. Take the potato and peas in a mixing bowl and mash them using a spatula or a knife.
5. Add mashed vegetables to it and mix everything again well.
6. Take all the vegetables in a mixing bowl and add butter, coriander leaves, salt, chapli masala powder, dry mango powder, and turmeric powder. Mix everything until they are well mixed with the vegetable masala.
7. Take a teaspoon of the mixture and shape it into oval-shaped patties.
8. Heat the grill on a low flame (or you may use your gas stove). Heat the patties on each side for about 3-4 minutes until they become golden brown or crispy.
9. Serve this veg chapli kabab recipe with vegetable curry, raita, or tomato ketchup. You can have it as breakfast, lunch, or dinner, depending upon your choice and preference.
Nutrition Facts Of Veg Chapli Kabab Recipe
Best 10 Health Benefits Of Veg Chapli Kabab Recipe
1. Helps To Control Blood Sugar:
The fiber content in this dish helps to check the blood sugar level and prevents diabetes, obesity, and heart diseases.
2. Boosts Immune System:
The presence of vitamin C and beta carotene in this recipe helps to boost the immune system. Moreover, it also helps to fight cold, cough, and flu during winters.
3. Helps To Prevent Bacterial Infections:
This recipe is enriched with vitamin C, which is good for maintaining healthy tissues of the body and helps develop the body.
4. Helps To Shed Extra Kilos:
This dish’s fiber content helps reduce extra kilos from your body.
5. Helps To Keep Bones Healthy:
This dish’s calcium content helps keep the bones healthy and prevents brittle bones, rickets, and osteoporosis.
6. Helps To Keep The Heart Healthy:
This recipe is enriched with vitamin B complexes which help reduce cholesterol levels in the body and keep your heart healthy.
7. Keeps The Body Energized:
The high fiber content in this dish helps prevent tiredness and keeps the body energized.
8. Combats Anxiety, Fatigue, And Stress:
This recipe is enriched with vitamin B complexes which help to check the serotonin level and help you combat anxiety, stress, fatigue, and depression.
9. Helps To Maintain Weight:
The high protein content in this dish helps build muscles, which also helps burn fat from the body and maintain weight.
10. Helps In Relieving Symptoms Of Asthma:
The ginger garlic paste in this recipe helps relieve asthma symptoms such as shortness of breath and cold, and cough during winters.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
Prepare Time: 5 minutes.
Cook Time: 10 minutes.
Total Time: 15 minutes.
How To Serve Veg Chapli Kabab Recipe?
Depending upon your choice and preference, you may serve this dish for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. You can serve it with roti, paratha, rice, or even bread.
You can also have it as a snack or light meal when you want something simple and light to eat. This dish is relished by both kids and adults alike.
Can I Freeze This Veg Chapli Kabab Recipe?
Yes, you can successfully freeze this Veg Chapli Kabab Recipe after preparing it. Before freezing, ensure that the patties are not stacked too closely. You may freeze them at -20 degrees C (4 degrees F) temperature by pre-cooling them for a couple of hours before freezing them.
The preparation time and cooking time remain the same in the frozen recipe. Freeze leftover patties in an airtight container, which can be preserved for up to 3 months in the freezer.
Can I Make This Veg Chapli Kabab Recipe Without Ginger Garlic Paste?
You can make a veg chapli kabab recipe without ginger garlic paste. Take the remaining recipe ingredients (except for the additional 2 tbsp of oil) and mix them well with a high-speed blender. Then add little water as required to form a smooth but sticky paste.
If you don’t have a blender, you can mix all these ingredients in a mortar and pestle and grind them well to make a smooth mixture. Then add some water to it and make a smooth paste. Finally, add salt too.
Is It Spicy?
This recipe is mildly spicy, but you may adjust the spice level according to your taste buds. You can always skip the chili powder or add less if you don’t like it spicy. You can also skip the chapli masala and sprinkle some dry mango powder instead.
Is It Gluten-Free?
Yes, this recipe is gluten-free. You can make it by replacing the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour or gluten-free all-purpose flour.
Is Healthy For Pregnant Women?
Yes, this recipe is completely healthy for pregnant women. You can have it during all three trimesters of pregnancy.
Is It Safe For Kids?
This recipe is safe for kids because it is filled with nutritious ingredients such as mushrooms and peas.
Is It Good For Diabetics?
Yes, this recipe is good for people with diabetes because it contains healthy and nutritious ingredients (such as mushrooms and peas), which are good for controlling blood sugar levels in the body.
Is It Suitable For Breastfeeding Women?
Yes, this recipe is completely safe for breastfeeding women. You can have it in the first 6 months of breastfeeding.
I hope that you liked this recipe. Please give it a star rating in the comments section below. Will be waiting for your valuable feedback in the comments section below.
If you liked this recipe, share it with your friends and family by clicking on the social media sharing buttons at the end of this post. You may also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram. Thank you for reading this recipe.