Veg chalna recipe is a healthy, delicious, and easy-to-make chana masala recipe. You can have this dish on the table in just 20 minutes. It is a perfect dinner for busy people and a healthy dinner for everyone. It is a gluten-free and vegan recipe.
Everyone needs to eat healthily, but sometimes you crave food that explodes your taste buds, so you can’t resist eating something fried or popping a piece of chocolate cake in the oven.
But not all of them are good for your health. If you are looking for a healthy and delicious recipe that is easy to make, try this veggie recipe.
What Is A Veg Chalna Recipe?
The veg chalna recipe is a simple dish made of whole green peas and boiled potatoes. It tastes great and is healthy too.
It is a popular dish among Indian families. It is a favorite at any gathering because of the wide variety of tastes it has, like, plain (plain chalna), sweet (paneer chalna), and spicy (tamatar chalna).
All these complement your meal very well. This dish is easy to digest and is a great side dish for the main courses like dal fry, biryani, etc.
What Are The Benefits Of Eating This Veg Chalna Recipe?
It is a nutritious and healthy dish with a wide variety of tastes. This dish is full of nutrients, and this way, you can stay healthy. It is a great food for children who need good nutrition.
This recipe is full of protein and is a good source of vitamins and minerals. It helps in digestion and is also beneficial for weight loss. It is a healthy dinner for everyone and is also perfect for weight watchers.
This chana masala recipe is a quick, easy, wholesome dinner that’s perfect when you’re in a hurry.
How To Make A Veg Chalna Recipe?
It is a very simple recipe that takes less time to make, and it doesn’t need any special ingredients, making it a great recipe for every household.
You can have this tasty dish on the table in just 20 minutes. This dish is a perfect dinner for busy people and a healthy dinner for everyone.
- Chopping board.
- Chopping knife.
- Saucepan/Cooking pan.
For Roasting And Grinding
- Coconut – 1/2 cup grated finely.
- Tomatoes – 2 medium, chopped finely.
- Green chilies – 3 pods, chopped finely.
- Cumin seeds – 4 (1 tsp).
- Garlic – 6 cloves finely chopped.
- Shoyu – 1 tsp.
- Coriander leaves – 3 tbsp finely chopped.
- Cumin powder – 2 tbsp.
- Salt – as per taste.
For Chalna Curry
- Whole green peas – 2 cups.
- Potatoes – 4 medium, boiled, and cubed into bite-size pieces.
- Onion – 2 medium, chopped finely.
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tbsp.
- Tomato ketchup – 1/4 cup.
- Curry powder – 2 tsp.
- Salt to taste.
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp, finely chopped.
- Heavy whipping cream – 1/4 cup.
- Oil – as per your choice.
- Oil for deep frying.
- Sugar – 1 tbsp.
Easy 8 Cooking Methods
1. Firstly, clean and then boil the potatoes and drain water. Cook with spices like salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder, and red chili powder.
2. Take a pressure cooker and add the green peas and boiled potatoes. Add 1/4 cup of water and 1 tbsp of oil.
3. Cover the cooker with a lid, cook for 2 whistles on high flame
4. A fried chalna should have crisp edges (no mashed potato look).
4. Put whole green peas, boiled potatoes, and salt in a cooking pan and cook for ten minutes on medium flame.
5. Add chopped onion, garlic, and tomato to the chana masala. Add 2 tbsp of oil to it and mix well. Cover the pan and cook for five to eight minutes on medium flame, ensuring that the masala doesn’t stick to the pan while cooking.
6. Now add ketchup and sugar. Cook for another five minutes on medium flame.
7. The chana masala is ready to serve with chapatis or rice.
8. This chana masala dish is ready to serve with chapatis or rice.
Nutrition Facts Of Veg Chalna Recipe
Serving Ideas Of Veg Chalna Recipe
1. Tomato Soup – This halva with chana masala is tasty and healthy. You can have this in the lunch box
2. Veg Chalna Salad – Mix the chana with the salad of your choice. This goes with all kinds of salads like tomato, cucumber, and onion
3. Veggie Chalna Curry – I am sure you are going to love this veg chana curry recipe
4. Sandwich Of Veg Chalna- Add bread slices to make a tasty sandwich
5. Chana Masala Toast – Chana masala toast is an easy appetizer you can make for any get-together.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
Prepare Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Is It Suitable For Heart Patients?
It is suitable for heart patients as this chana masala recipe does not have any added oil.
Is It Good For Weight Loss Recipe?
Yes, this veg chalna recipe is a great choice for weight watchers because of the delicious taste and health benefits. It is low in fat, has complex carbs, and is high in protein. So, try it out today.
Can Veg Chalna Be Frozen?
Yes, you can keep the china for 10 days in the freezer. You can either bring it to room temperature or reheat it.
Is It Good For Diabetic Patients?
Yes, this chana masala recipe is good for diabetic patients because no sugar is added.
Is It Good For Toddlers?
Yes, this easy palak paneer recipe can be given to toddlers. It provides great nutrition.
Is It Good For Pregnancy?
This chana masala recipe contains a rich source of calcium and minerals like potassium, zinc, and iron, which pregnant women require. So you can make this dish at home with great ease.
Is It Healthy For Breastfeeding Women?
Yes, it is healthy for breastfeeding women. This chana masala is rich in iron and calcium.
Is Veg Chalna Recipe Spicy?
Yes, Veg Chalna Recipe is spicy and can be made less spicy according to your choice.