Twin peaks cherry pie recipe vegan is a wonderful recipe. It is filled with cherries and cinnamon, a great flavor combination.
One of the best things about this pie is that it’s gluten-free, vegan, and even sugar-free. This recipe is a great way to enjoy cherry pie without all of the guilt!
What Are The Recipe Benefits Of Eating This?
The Twin Peaks Cherry Pie Recipe Vegan is loaded with apples, cherries, almonds, and cinnamon. Apples are good for your digestive tract and have good fiber.
Cherries are a great source of potassium and other antioxidants. Almonds are one of the highest protein nuts you can eat.
They also have a lot of vitamin E, which boosts your immune system. Cinnamon can lower blood sugar levels because it’s full of polyphenols, which help regulate insulin secretion.
How To Make A Twin Peaks Cherry Pie Recipe Vegan?
- 9″ deep-dish pie pan.
- Electric handheld mixer (optional).
- Small pot with a lid to steam cherries.
- Silicone spatula.
For The Crust
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder.
- 3 tablespoons sugar (omit if you are sugar-free).
For The Filling
- 6 medium cherries, pitted and halved (or 24 small cherries).
- 3 medium apples, cored and chopped into bite-size pieces (or 12 large apples).
- 1/2 cup raw almonds, chopped into bite-size pieces (or 1 cup dry roasted almonds).
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, or to taste (omit a sugar-free. A little allspice might be nice too if you want to add it).
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (omit for a sugar-free).
- Vegan butter to taste (omit for a sugar-free).
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Prepare the pie crust by combining the flour and baking powder in a large bowl and adding the sugar, if desired.
3. Roll the dough into a circle about 1/4″ thick.
4. Place your pie crust on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes until golden brown.
5. While the crust is baking, place the cherries in a small pot with water to cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
6. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-high and simmer uncovered for 3 minutes, or until the cherries are very soft (the cutest way to test if they are done is with a fork).
7. Remove from heat, drain, and set aside to cool.
8. Once the crust has baked for 10 minutes, remove it from the oven and immediately arrange the apple chunks in a circular pattern on the bottom of the crust.
9. Place the cherries in a small pot with water to cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
10. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-high and simmer uncovered for 3 minutes, or until the cherries are very soft (the cutest way to test if they are done is with a fork).
11. Remove from heat, drain, and set aside to cool.
12. Put the almonds in a small frying pan over medium heat and toast just until they start to brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
13. In a large bowl, combine the cherries and apples. Set aside.
14. Combine the melted vegan butter and cinnamon in a small pot over medium heat until mixed well.
15. Add the vanilla extract, and mix in well with a wooden spoon.
16. Pour this into the cherry/apple mixture and blend everything until evenly mixed throughout.
17. Pour the cherry/apple mixture into the baked crust. Sprinkle the toasted almonds on top, if desired. Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
18. Let cool for at least 20 minutes before slicing and serving. If you have time, let it sit at room temperature for a few hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts Of Twin Peaks Cherry Pie Recipe Vegan
7 Best Health Benefits Of Twin Peaks Cherry Pie Recipe Vegan
1. This pie is gluten-free and made with almond flour, making it a great option if you have gluten intolerance or celiac disease. Plus, the cherries in this recipe are low glycemic, so eating them will not spike your blood sugar.
2. One slice of this pie contains only 17 grams of carbohydrates. If you’re looking to lose weight and control your blood sugar levels, this is the perfect recipe!
3. This recipe is full of antioxidants and other vitamins and minerals. Besides the antioxidant-rich cherries and apples, there’s also cinnamon to reduce cancer risk. This pie also contains almonds full of vitamin E, calcium, magnesium, iron, and other nutrients.
4. This pie will help you fight stress and anxiety. The cherries in this recipe have anti-anxiety properties and can also ward off depression.
5. It’s great if you want to lower your cholesterol levels because they tend to go up when you’re stressed out or overworked. Cherries are also rich in potassium, which helps maintain blood pressure levels.
6. Cherry pie is one of the perfect desserts for leftovers because it keeps well. It’s a great way to use up fruit that is about to go bad.
7. It’s a great recipe to help you get more fiber! The cherries and apples are full of fiber, so it’s easy to get more than you need. The fiber in this recipe can help you maintain a healthy digestive system.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
This recipe takes about an hour to make. You will need a cherry pitter, or you can use a small chopstick, thin knife, or some other thin object to pry out the pips carefully.
How To Make It More Delicious?
This cherry pie can be made with almond extract instead of vanilla extract for a more delicious flavor.
Is Twin Peaks Cherry Pie Recipe Vegan Suitable For Diabetic Patients?
This cherry pie is a great choice if you have diabetes. The cherries and apples in it are low in sugar and high in fiber, which can help you maintain your blood sugar levels. Almonds are also high in magnesium, which helps stabilize blood sugar levels.
Is Twin Peaks Cherry Pie Recipe Vegan Good For Heart Patients?
The cherries in this recipe contain anthocyanins proven to protect the heart. They also have Omega-3 fatty acids, which lower inflammation and reduce the risk of heart disease.
Is Twin Peaks Cherry Pie Recipe Vegan Good For Pregnant Women?
Yes. The cherries in this recipe are also a great source of vitamin C, which can help you prevent morning sickness. The vitamins and minerals in this recipe can also help you gain a healthy baby.
Is Twin Peaks Cherry Pie Recipe Vegan Kids Friendly?
This Twin Peaks Cherry Pie Recipe Vegan is a great recipe for kids because they are full of nutrients. They also contain many antioxidants, which can help keep their immune system strong. Because of these factors, your kids should love it!
Is Twin Peaks Cherry Pie Recipe Vegan Suitable For Breastfeeding Women?
Yes, this cherry pie is great for breastfeeding. Cherries are full of antioxidants and can help you prevent morning sickness and other illnesses that could affect the baby.
I hope you enjoy this quintessential American dessert. It’s a fantastic way to get a lot of vitamins and minerals into your diet.
Don’t forget to share this recipe with your family and friends if you enjoyed it! Thank you for reading the 7 best health benefits of the Twin Peaks Cherry Pie Recipe Vegan article.