The san Pedro shrimp tray recipe is a traditional dish in many parts of Latin America and other places where shrimp are consumed.
This recipe is easy to make and delicious to eat. It is made with shrimp, lots of spices, and a hint of lime juice.
The san Pedro shrimp tray recipe is a food dish where shrimp are fried and served hot. This dish originated in Mexico and is popular in other Latin American countries. The dish itself was named after the town of San Pedro, a place where it is eaten very often.
This food item used to be prepared during special occasions, but today it can be found at many restaurants and on the menu of different food establishments that serve this meal to their clients regularly.
In Mexico, they eat the san Pedro shrimp tray either with rice or tortillas. It is also very common that this dish is served to the guests after a big party or at reception.
The san Pedro shrimp dish is the perfect food item to be offered to your guests when you want them to know how welcoming you are.
There are many different shrimp dishes, but this one is considered the best in terms of nutrition and taste.
How To Make A San Pedro Shrimp Tray Recipe?
The San Pedro shrimp tray recipe is easy to make and only contains a few ingredients. You need to follow a few steps to prepare the dish, and you will probably be ready to eat in less than thirty minutes.
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined (one pound)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 tablespoons of chili powder
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced fine
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Lime juice (optional)
- Juice half a lime
- One onion, diced.
- 1 tablespoon of fresh cilantro, washed and chopped fine.
- One tomato, diced.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Easy 8 Preparation Methods
1. Heat the oil in a pan or frying pan.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, chili powder, cumin, garlic, and coriander.
3. Add the shrimp to this mix and mix everything well so that all the shrimp will be covered in spices and flour mix.
4. Add the juice of half a lime and the cayenne pepper (optional). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Once the oil has reached the right temperature, carefully place several shrimp in the oil and fry them until golden brown.
6. Remove the shrimp from the oil, drain in a paper towel and serve while they are still hot.
7. Toss together the diced onion, chopped cilantro, diced tomatoes, and salt to taste.
8. Squeeze some lime juice over this mixture and mix everything nicely together before serving as a side dish to serve with your shrimp trays.
Nutrition Fact Of San Pedro Shrimp Tray Recipe
Is It Good For Allergic Patients?
Yes, this is a safe food item for people with a shrimp allergy. However, if you are allergic to seafood in general, you should stay away from this dish.
Is It Suitable For Pregnant Women?
This food item is safe for pregnant women to eat. There are no side effects for pregnant women if they consume this dish.
Is It Good For Patients who have Diabetes?
Yes, the san Pedro shrimp tray recipe is great for people with Diabetes because it does not have a lot of sugar or fats.
Any diet containing less than 200 grams of carbohydrates per day will help you maintain your blood glucose levels and live a healthier lifestyle.
Is It Good For People With Heart Problems?
There are no side effects for people who suffer from heart problems to consume this dish. However, not eating too much of the san Pedro shrimp dish should be taken because it is very high in cholesterol.
How Long Can I Keep The Shrimp Tray?
You can keep the trays covered at room temperature for up to one month or in your refrigerator for three weeks.
Serving Ideas Of San Pedro Shrimp Tray Recipe
1. You can serve this dish with rice, tortillas, or bread.
2. You can also serve it as an appetizer after a Mexican lunch.
3. This dish is also perfect as your main course if you try to eat healthier and go on a diet.
How Long Does It Take To Cook The san Pedro shrimp tray recipe?
This depends on how much time you want to spend making this dish. The trays are rich so that you will spend some time just preparing everything.
Once you get all the steps out of the way and have the shrimp ready to be fried, it may take about 10-15 minutes.
Can I Use Frozen Shrimp?
Yes, you can use frozen shrimp. They tend to be pre-cooked, and you don’t need to worry about them cooking. Frozen shrimp are commonly found in the grocery store and are usually pre-cooked in a seasoning.
However, if you want to be safe, make sure that the shrimp is thawed first before frying it to have the best taste.
I hope you enjoyed the article on my san Pedro shrimp tray recipe. This is a very popular food dish in many Latin American countries, and you will probably find it at many Mexican restaurants.
It is very rich and can sometimes be spicy. Don’t forget to share your favorite shrimp dish with us in the comments below. Thanks for reading this article about san Pedro shrimp tray recipe .