The raw vegan tiramisu recipe is a delicious, decadent treat perfect for a raw food diet and desserts lovers like me.
This dessert is such a rich and creamy texture it truly is hard to believe it doesn’t come from an animal or dairy product! It’s also so satisfying. You’ll have no problem sharing this dessert with your friends who are not vegan.
What Is A Raw Vegan Tiramisu Recipe?
Tiramisu is a classic Italian dessert with layers of mascarpone cheese and coconut cream. It’s served with a ladyfinger’s cookie dipped in rum, coffee and espresso, cocoa powder, and more layers of coconut cream.
Benefits Of Eating This Raw Vegan Tiramisu Recipe
The raw vegan tiramisu recipe contains essential nutrients such as healthy fats from flaxseeds, natural sugars from dates, complex carbohydrates from roasted almonds, and creamy dairy-free protein from cashew nuts.
The raw vegan tiramisu recipe provides energy for your body to function properly. This dessert’s omega-3 fatty acids are powerful antioxidants that help prevent and reduce chronic degenerative diseases like heart disease and cancer.
This dessert is also high in fiber, which helps prevent and dissolve unwanted accumulated cholesterol in the body.
How To Make A Raw Vegan Tiramisu Recipe?
The raw vegan tiramisu recipe is simple to make. You’ll need:
- Large food processor
- Large mixing bowl
For The Crust
- 1 C raw almonds
- 1 C raw cashews
- 1 tbsp ground chia seeds (optional)
For The Mascarpone Cheese
- 2 tbsp coconut cream (from a can of full fat, organic coconut milk)
- 1/4 tsp pure stevia extract powder
- lemon juice and water to adjust (optional) to taste
For The Espresso Layer
- 2 TBSP ground chia seeds (optional)
- 6 TBSP cacao powder
- liquid stevia or liquid sweetener of choice to taste
- 2 TBSP almond milk or water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 C raw coconut flakes (I used shredded coconut)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder (optional)
In a food processor, add the almonds and cashews. Process until it becomes flour. Add in the ground chia seeds, and process some more until well combined.
The Mascarpone Cheese
At the bottom of a large mixing bowl, add the coconut cream, stevia, and lemon juice/water. If using lemon juice, add it to the coconut cream and mix. If using water, mix it to the bottom of the mixing bowl first before adding the coconut cream. Add 1 tsp of your choice of liquid sweetener for each 1/4 cup of coconut cream (I used 4 spoons). Mix well.
Add your mascarpone cheese ingredients (coconut cream, liquid sweetener, lemon juice/water, and vanilla extract) to another large mixing bowl. Mix well using a spatula or whisk.
The Espresso Layer
Add the ingredients for the espresso layer (chia seeds, cacao powder, water or almond milk, and stevia) in a food processor. Process until it becomes a thick paste. Then transfer to a bowl and mix in the vanilla extract.
To assemble, start by spreading a tablespoon of the mascarpone cheese (mixture from above) in the bottom of the glass bowl/cup. Then add in a spoonful of the espresso layer. Next, add a spoon or two of the crust (mix above). Add another spoonful of mascarpone cheese until you’ve reached your desired amount. Top off with cacao powder if used. Place in the freezer to set. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts Of Raw Vegan Tiramisu Recipe
7 Amazing Freezing Ideas For A Raw Vegan Tiramisu Recipe
1. Prepare this raw vegan tiramisu recipe in a larger batch and freeze it in an airtight container or Ziploc bag.
2. Freeze coconut cream for easier preparation and to retain its rich consistency.
3. Make the espresso layer ahead of time, freeze it in an airtight container, thaw when ready to use, and mix with more almond milk/water if needed for consistency.
4. Instead of eating this dessert straight from the freezer, let it sit at room temperature for about 10-15 minutes before serving.
5. Add cacao powder on top before freezing to make it look like a traditional tiramisu cake.
6. For a quick “ice cream” texture, blend the mascarpone cheese mixture and pour over your favorite fruit sliced in thin slices.
7. Try using different flavors of cacao powder.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
Prepare Time: ~10 minutes
Cook Time: ~30 minutes
Total Time: ~40 minutes
How Can I Serve This Recipe?
How Long Will It Keep?
If properly stored in a freezer, it should last for about 3 months.
Does This Recipe Contain A Lot Of Sugar?
This recipe contains about 2 tablespoons of natural sugar from dates and stevia extract.
Can I Make This Recipe Without An Oven?
Yes, this recipe can be made in a dehydrator, but you need to set your temperature to 103 degrees F. You can also make it in a solar dehydrator if the weather is nice outside.
Can I Add Chocolate To This Recipe?
You can add as much or as little cacao powder as possible when making the espresso layer (step 3 above). This dessert will also taste great using cacao nibs instead of cacao powder.
I hope you all enjoy making and eating this raw vegan tiramisu recipe. If you try this recipe, let us know what you think by leaving a comment and rating it. Thank you for reading this article.