The raw vegan bacon recipe is a unique and delicious way to use the ancient farro grain. This gluten-free, veggie bacon is a great addition to salads, sandwiches, and more. Raw vegan bacon recipe can also be enjoyed as a crispy topping for toast or crackers, or even on top of pizza!
What Is A Raw Vegan Bacon Recipe?
Raw vegan bacon is a delicious and nutritious way to add flavor to your salads, sandwiches, and more. And with all of the amazing health benefits of the ancient grain farro and cashew nuts, it’s no wonder this recipe is so popular.
This vegan bacon recipe is simple and delicious, especially when paired with some homemade “cheese” sauce!
Benefits Of Eating This Raw Vegan Bacon Recipe
Farro is a delicious “ancient” grain that spikes your energy levels and boosts your metabolism. This unique grain is also gluten-free and easy on the stomach, making it a great option for those with digestion issues!
Farro contains all essential amino acids, including lysine and histamine, to keep you healthy. It’s also rich in manganese and magnesium, with an excellent source of fiber!
Cashews are rich in protein while still being low in calories. This unique nut is also rich in magnesium, copper, and potassium while providing a good source of vitamin B2. Cabbage is a powerhouse veggie that works to detoxify your body.
How Do You Make A Raw Vegan Bacon Recipe?
The raw vegan bacon recipe is delicious but also pretty simple. You need:
- A high-speed blender
- A mandolin slicer
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 cups of raw cashews (soaked for at least 4 hours in water)
- 1 cup of raw farro
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of Himalayan sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of liquid aminos (or tamari)
- 1-2 tablespoons of coconut sugar (optional)
1. Combine the soaked cashews with the farro in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. 2. Transfer the mixture to a bowl, add the water and salt, and stir to combine.
3. If you’re using a dehydrator spread the mixture to about 1/4″ thick on your sheets and dehydrate at 115 degrees F for 12-14 hours or until desired crispness is reached (see note below).
4. If you’re using a conventional oven, spread the mixture to about 1/4″ thick on a baking sheet and bake at 300 degrees F for 1 hour.
5. In a high-speed blender or food processor, blend the raw vegan bacon mixture with coconut oil, salt, apple cider vinegar, liquid aminos (or tamari), and sugar. Add water only if you’d like the final product to be thicker.
6. Enjoy a slice on a salad, or top with raw vegan cheese sauce!
Nutrition Facts Of Raw Vegan Bacon Recipe
10 Essential Health Benefits Of Raw Vegan Bacon Recipe
1. Lowers Cholesterol Levels: Using the raw vegan bacon recipe will lower your cholesterol. This is because cashews are very high in monounsaturated fats, while farro is a high-fiber grain with a low glycemic index, which means it won’t spike your blood sugar levels.
2. Prevents Heart Disease: Cashews aren’t only good to eat when they’re raw and unsalted, but also when they’re cooked! They’re rich in antioxidants that help protect against heart disease and plant sterols that lower LDL cholesterol and triglycerides.
3. Prevents Cancer: Farro is a high-fiber grain that will lower your risk of colon cancer. In addition, cashews contain selenium, an essential mineral that protects against cancer.
4. Fights Diabetes: Farro not only helps you maintain a healthy weight but also helps with diabetes management.
5. Keeps Your Digestive Tract Healthy: Farro helps you keep your digestive tract healthy by strengthening your stomach lining. It’s also a good source of fiber.
6. Controls Blood Sugar Levels: Farro is low on the glycemic index and is a great choice for those with diabetes and those who tend to experience blood sugar spikes after meals.
7. Fights Inflammation: The high magnesium levels in farro help fight inflammation and pain throughout the body.
8. Cuts The Risk Of Heart Disease: The high levels of manganese in the farro will protect your cardiovascular health by reducing the risk of arterial plaques and blood clots.
9. Helps Lower Blood Pressure: Fibra is a great choice for those with high blood pressure because it helps keep your arteries healthy.
10. Protects Your Liver: The rich amount of zinc in raw vegan sausage recipe cashews can help protect the liver from damage and is used to treat fibroids.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
Prepare Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Can I Freeze This Recipe?
Yes. You can freeze the raw vegan bacon recipe, which is best when fresh. To freeze, place a layer of parchment paper between each slice before placing it in the freezer. Freeze for up to 1 month.
How Long Can I Keep This Recipe?
You’ll want to consume this raw vegan bacon recipe within 3 days, but because it’s preserved with a dehydrator or oven, you can store it for about 1 week.
How Can I Serve This Recipe?
Serve this recipe as a breakfast side dish or as an appetizer. It can also be made into a sandwich or wrapped with lettuce and veggies.
Let me know in the comments below if you have any other healthy vegan recipes, and don’t forget to share this with your friends and family too! Thank you for reading this article.