Pelmeni recipe vegan is very easy to make and delicious to eat. They’re perfect for a quick and easy dinner or as an appetizer when you want to impress your guests with something different.
These boiled dumplings are an old Russian recipe, often served as the main course for New Year’s Eve celebrations.
These dumplings are one of the easiest dishes in the world to make. They take only minutes to prepare and are incredibly easy to cook.
What Is A Pelmeni Reciep Vegan?
Pelmeni recipe vegan is the main course dish, the food of the Russian people. Pelmeni are dumplings made of ground wheat flour, smaller than ravioli or dumplings.
They are common in almost every kitchen in Russia and throughout Eastern Europe. Pelmeni can be served with black or white sauce, but they make an excellent crispy side dish.
You can also eat them plain on their own as they are traditionally made: flattened dough encased in boiled dough skin or dough wrapper.
Benefits Of Eating This Pelmeni Recipe Vegan
Pelmeni recipe vegan is full of the essential amino acids, which are essential for the body. The dumpling contains one of the best fibers: psyllium. It’s a plant that helps lower cholesterol and boosts heart health.
Furthermore, you may be interested in knowing that the pelmeni recipe vegan has high levels of proteins and a low level of fat. Pelmeni also contains B vitamins and minerals such as calcium, iron, zinc, magnesium, and potassium.
How To Prepare A Pelmeni Recipe Vegan?
Pelmeni recipe vegan is an easy recipe that needs only a few ingredients. The combination of these ingredients will result in the best taste and presentation.
You should always use quality ingredients because they will provide you with the best and most tasty results.
- A blender.
- Pan to boil the pelmeni recipe vegan.
- A mixing bowl.
- A wooden spoon or a dough roller.
- A small plate or a saucer for the plate with the pelmeni recipe vegan.
For The Dough
- 1 cup of all-purpose wheat flour.
- 2 tablespoons of rye flour.
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- ½ teaspoon of salt.
For The Filling
- 2 cups of chopped mushrooms.
- ¼ cup of finely chopped parsley.
- ¼ cup of finely chopped dill weed.
- 1 tablespoon of oil.
- 100g tofu, mashed or pressed.
For The Sauce
- ½ cup of sour cream (or you can use yogurt if you want).
- ½ cup of roasted white peppercorns, crushed in a mortar and pestle.
- ½ cup of sugar.
For The Garnishing
- Raisins, soaked in water.
- White sesame seeds.
To Make The Dough
1. Sift the wheat flour, rye flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix the ingredients and then knead them on a work surface (lightly dusted with flour) for 5 minutes.
2. Cover the dough with a damp dishtowel and leave it in a warm place for 1 hour to allow it to rise while you prepare the filling.
To Make The Filling
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat, and then fry the chopped mushrooms until they begin to brown.
2. Add half of the chopped mushrooms and cook them for 10 minutes. Then remove them from the heat and leave them to cool while preparing everything else.
2. Add the remaining mushrooms, parsley, and dill weed to a blender and 4 tablespoons of water and blend until they are completely smooth. You can add more water if you want to adjust the consistency of your filling.
3. Then add mashed or pressed tofu to the blender and blend until they are completely smooth.
Make The Pelmeni
1. divide the dough into 8 equal portions measuring approximately 100g each on a work surface.
2. Using a rolling pin, roll each portion of dough out into a ball about 1cm thick and then cover them with a damp dishtowel to prevent them from drying out.
3. Roll out one portion of the dough until it is about 3mm thick.
4. Cut the thickest part of the rolled dough with a glass or a cookie cutter with an outer ring diameter of approximately 6cm and an inner ring diameter of approximately 4cm.
5. Place the cut dough pieces on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or onto a sheet of baking paper and cover them with a damp dishtowel. This prevents them from drying out.
6. After approximately 15 minutes, roll out each dough piece again on your work surface until it is approximately 3mm thick and then make an egg shape in the middle of each piece by squeezing some water into it (see picture).
7. Place each dough piece on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or onto a sheet of baking paper and cover them with a damp dishtowel again. This prevents them from drying out.
8. Heat your pan to medium heat, pour some oil, and then fry the pelmeni for 2-3 minutes until they are golden brown all over.
9. Spread the pelmeni in a bowl and then cover them with a damp dishtowel to prevent drying out.
10. Prepare the sauce by combining the sour cream, crushed white peppercorns, and sugar in a small saucepan over low heat, frequently stirring until completely melted.
11. Arrange your pelmeni on a plate and serve them with sauce and garnishing.
- If you want to freeze the pelmeni recipe vegan, place them in an airtight container, so they don’t stick together, and then freeze for up to 3 months. To reheat, add them to boiling water for 5 minutes or until they are warm all the way through.
- You can use any other type of mushrooms instead of white mushrooms. However, if you want to use other kinds of mushrooms, you sauté them for a few minutes with oil and white pepper. This way, you’ll avoid the bitter taste of mushrooms.
- You can add black or white pepper to the filling so it will be spicier if you want.
- To make this recipe crispier, fry the pelmeni for a few minutes longer on each side over medium heat.
- If you want to make this recipe vegan, just switch the sour cream for yogurt and omit the egg.
Nutrition Facts Of Pelmeni Recipe Vegan
7 Amazing Freezing Ideas For Pelmeni Recipe Vegan
1. Make a large batch of pelmeni recipe vegan and keep them in the freezer. To reheat, place them in a pan and boil them for 5 minutes or until they are warm all the way through.
2. Make several smaller batches of pelmeni recipe vegan, freeze them separately, and then take out as many as you need when you want to use them.
3. Make small balls instead of thin discs to store more pelmeni recipe vegan in the freezer at once.
4. Peel and cut the potatoes into very small discs, freeze them until they are firm, and then use them to make the pelmeni recipe vegan.
5. Make the filling mixture more hearty by adding more mushrooms or peas.
6. Freeze the pelmeni recipe vegan in individual bags. To reheat them, place them in a pot of boiling water for 4-5 minutes, or until they are warm all the way through.
7. If you want to freeze the pelmeni recipe vegan, space them out evenly so they don’t stick together.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
Prepare Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Can I Freeze This Recipe?
You can freeze this recipe. But please make sure that you don’t leave the ingredients out on the counter for too long. Doing so will cause them to stick together.
How Do I Reheat It?
Reheat in a pot of boiling water for 4-5 minutes or until warm all the way through. You can also place them in a microwave for about 1 minute or until they are warmed.
Can I Make This Recipe Vegan?
You can substitute the egg with mashed or pressed tofu, but be sure to reduce the vegetable oil in the recipe by half.
Can I Make It Gluten-Free?
You can make this recipe gluten-free by simply omitting the flour and all-purpose flour.
Is It Good For Diabetics?
This recipe is very good for people with diabetes as it doesn’t contain any sugar, preservatives, or artificial flavors.
Is It Healthy For Pregnant Women?
This recipe is good for pregnant women because it contains no sugar, preservatives, or artificial flavors.
Is It Safe For Breastfeeding Women?
This recipe is safe for breastfeeding women because it isn’t made with animal products.
I hope you enjoyed the pelmeni recipe vegan. It’s an amazing dish that you can eat any day. Not only will this recipe be great for holiday gatherings, but you can make them ahead of time and then enjoy them throughout the holidays.
You can also freeze them for up to 3 months to prepare them later. So if you want to be a star in your family’s eyes by serving up delicious food, give this recipe a try. Enjoy!
Thank you for reading, and don’t forget to leave a comment below if you have any questions. I’ll be back soon with a new recipe.