Pappadeaux crab cakes are an easy-to-make meal that will impress your guests. The recipe calls for simple ingredients and can be made in just 30 minutes.
You’ll need to refrigerate the patties before cooking them, but they only need about 10 minutes on each side in a frying pan to get nice and crispy.
While the classic recipe calls for using backfin crabmeat, it will still taste delicious if you use claw meat or a combination of both.
Pappadeaux Crab Cake Recipe
- 1 pound fresh lump crabmeat
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning mix (like Slap Ya Mama)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 8 saltine crackers, crushed into fine crumbs (about ½ cup)
- 3 tablespoons clarified butter or ghee for pan-frying (or any cooking oil)
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter or ghee for sauce
1. Pick through crabmeat for shells. In a large bowl, mix crabmeat with green onions, Cajun seasoning, and egg until well blended. Stir in saltine cracker crumbs evenly.
2. Form into 8 patties. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill, then remove from fridge and let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before frying.
3. Melt clarified butter in a large skillet over medium heat until it starts to shimmer. Add crab cakes and cook for about 10 minutes on each side or until nicely browned and the interior is hot and bubbly.
4. Melt clarified butter in a small saucepan and stir in the 2 tablespoons of green onions until they start to soften.
5. Serve crab cakes with pan-fried green onion topping and spicy cocktail sauce on the side. Enjoy!
Is This Recipe Suitable For Heart Patients?
Yes, this recipe is great for heart patients. the only thing that may be a problem is the sodium, so always remember to take it easy on your salt intake.
Is It Good For Diabetic Patients?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetic patients. It’s a great protein option, and you can control the sodium by using unsalted butter/ghee and a low-sodium Cajun seasoning mix.
Is It Gluten-Free?
Yes, this recipe is gluten-free. For Celiac disease, always remember to use your breadcrumbs or an all-purpose gluten-free flour blend.
Is It Safe For Pregnant Women?
Yes, this is safe for pregnant women. For those planning to get pregnant, make sure you consult your doctor first before trying out any recipe or dish. You can always modify the recipes by using fewer spices and condiments.
Can We Add Other Ingredients Than The Recipe Suggest?
Sure, you can always come up with your version of the pappadeaux crab cake recipe by adding vegetables like tomatoes, peppers, carrots, and so on. Also, feel free to experiment by using various spices or condiments. You can even use less spicy seasonings or no Cajun seasoning at all.
The Benefit Of Pappadeaux Crab Cake
1. This crab cake recipe is flavorful, simple, yet elegant.
2. The crab cakes are great for parties or casual gatherings or simply cooking at home for yourself and your family.
3. It’s easy to make, making a perfect dish for beginners who want to try out making their seafood dishes at home.
4. Since the ingredients used to make this dish are readily available, you can always have them in your fridge or pantry.
5. The green onion topping and spicy cocktail sauce add a nice twist to the original recipe, so it makes up for a delicious dipping sauce to go with your crab cakes.
6. You can easily modify the number of ingredients used in this recipe to suit your personal preferences.
7. The calorie count is very low, so you can have this dish for lunch or dinner without worrying about putting on extra pounds.
8. Since the recipe calls for only a few ingredients, it’s easy to find them in any grocery store or supermarket that sells seafood, poultry, and meats. 9. The recipe is suitable for pregnant women to eat.
10. It doesn’t require much time and effort for you to cook this dish, making it a great alternative when you don’t have enough time or effort to prepare your seafood dish at home.
11. Since the crab cakes are breaded, they are healthier than fried or baked seafood dishes.
If you’re looking for a delicious, family-friendly recipe that will impress your guests and satisfy your craving for seafood, look no further. Our Pappadeaux Crab Cakes are easy to make and always a hit with the entire family.
The next time you have people over or want something fresh from home, try out this one of our favorite recipes! Thank you for reading this post.