Do you love Moe’s chicken recipe and want to know how to recreate the delicious dish at home? Well, we have just the recipe for you.
This article will give all the needed information on what ingredients are needed and how to make it in your kitchen!
This blog post is about making a copycat version of Moe’s famous chicken recipe. It includes all of the detailed instructions that one would need to cook this meal up themselves.
Whether it be for a dinner party or just because, this recipe is sure to please any hungry guest who comes through your door!
Moe’s Chicken Recipe
- 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 lbs of chicken breast cut into chunks
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper or chipotle powder for a little heat
- 3 dashes of garlic powder.
- Feel free to add other spices as desired, such as onion powder, Italian seasonings, etc.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (preferably unbleached)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika (optional)
1. Coat the chicken chunks with all-purpose flour, salt, pepper, cayenne, chipotle powder, and garlic powder.
2. In a deep skillet, add vegetable oil to a depth of 2 inches and place over medium/medium-low heat until ready for frying.
3. Place chicken in hot oil, being careful not to overcrowd the pan (fry in batches if needed).
4. Fry chicken until golden brown, turning as necessary to cook all sides of the chunks evenly.
5. Place fried chicken on a plate lined with paper towels to soak up any excess oil.
6. Once all of the chicken is fried and drained, place it back into the hot skillet.
7. Sprinkle the 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour into the pan with the chicken, constantly stirring to coat each piece evenly.
8. Add any desired spices at this point (such as onion powder, Italian seasonings, etc.). Stir until even coated and let cook for about 10 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally. (if needed, add a little more oil to prevent sticking).
9. Next, slowly stir in the grease from the chicken frying into the pan of flour and spices.
10. Let cook for about 3-5 minutes, occasionally stirring until all liquid has been absorbed by the chicken and flour mixture, coating each piece evenly with a thick sauce.
11. Lower the heat to medium-low and stir in 1 cup of milk, constantly stirring until all ingredients are combined.
12. Add more milk as needed until the desired thickness is achieved, being careful not to add too much or become runny!
13. Once the mixture has reached a thick but still pourable consistency, add 1/2 cup of finely shredded cheddar cheese and stir until melted.
14. Finally, add the fried chicken chunks to the mixture in the skillet by gently stirring them to allow each piece to coat with sauce while still remaining intact evenly.
15. Allow it all to warm up together for about 5 minutes on medium-low heat, stirring occasionally.
16. Serve piping hot with BOTH sides of the skillet side.
|Dietary Fiber||2.5 g|
12 Best Health Benefit Of Moe’s Chicken Recipe
1. Low in calories
Only 393.4 calories are in each serving which is great for people watching their weight or on a diet!
2. Very high in protein
There are 43 grams of protein per serving, great for athletes or bodybuilders who need to eat extra proteins but don’t want to gain any fat!
3. High in iron
Moe’s chicken recipe contains a very high amount of iron, much more than you would usually get from a meal this size! The iron contained in the food is much needed for anyone who might have low levels of it in their body.
4. the Very good source of calcium
Moe’s chicken not only provides an excellent source of protein but a very good source of calcium. This is important for anyone who does not drink milk or eat cheese products daily, as it can help prevent osteoporosis and other bones related diseases!
5. Very low in cholesterol
The total amount of cholesterol in each serving is only 49mg, which means that you will not have to worry about putting a strain on your heart from eating too much cholesterol.
6. Does not contain any trans fat
With no saturated or trans fat traces, Moe’s chicken recipe will be good for your waistline!
7. No carbohydrates or sugars
This is great for those watching their carbohydrate intake as it contains 0 grams; the same goes for the sugar intake!
8. Contains beta-carotene
It is suitable for people who are not getting enough vegetables in their diet as it is good for your eyesight and helps prevent cancer. (beta-carotene is found in yellow & orange fruits and vegetables)
9. Very low in saturated fat
With only 0.5 grams of saturated fat per serving, Moe’s chicken recipe is less unhealthy compared to others that contain 5-10 grams!
10. No trans fat or cholesterol
As stated above, no cholesterol or trans fat is present in this meal, making it healthy for your heart and arteries!
11. Provides a good source of dietary fiber
At 2.5 grams, Moe’s chicken provides a good amount of dietary fiber, which is important for those trying to watch their carbohydrate intake as it makes you feel full faster and prevents overeating!
12. Contains iron & calcium
Two minerals that our body needs every day to function properly!
Moe’s chicken recipe is one of the most popular dishes at Moe’s. It has crispy, light breading and flavorful spices to make it irresistible.
With this dish on your menu, you can guarantee that patrons will come back for more! Learn how to prepare this delicious meal with our simple steps below.
If you’re interested in learning more about some other great recipes from Moe’s Grille & Bar or need help expanding your menu options, contact us today! Thank you for this post.