Mexican candy shot recipe is a very popular drink in Spain. The original name of this drink is “Trago.” It means shot or small glass.
This alcoholic beverage is usually served after dinner or lunch with good Comida Mexicana. Mexican candy shot recipe is made from liqueur, orange liquor, tequila, and chamoy, a very spicy Asian fruit sauce.
Chamoy gives this drink a special flavor and makes it so delicious. Sometimes you will find some recipes with strawberries, pineapple, or cucumber inside the glass too.
A very Traditional Mexican candy shot recipe is made from liqueur, tequila, and chamoy. I think this combination gives a real Mexican taste to the drink. This delicious alcoholic beverage can be served piña colada style or layered.
In other words, you can shake all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with crushed ice and pour it in one shot glass, or pour each ingredient in a shot glass one by one.
Mexican Candy Shot Recipe
- 1/2 oz. – Tequila (white or gold)
- 1/4 oz. – Iiqueur (Cointreau, triple sec, or orange juice)
- 1/4 oz. – Chamoy
1. Pour tequila and liqueur in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well.
2. Serve in a shot glass about half-filled with chamoy sauce and the rest with tequila mixture.
3. Optional: You can serve it layered or piña colada style for an extra taste of chamoy sauce on top.
4. Serve with a wedge of lime and some chamoy sauce on the side or as a topping for this delicious Mexican candy shot recipe.
|Total fat||0.00 g|
|Calories from fat||0 g|
This Recipe Is Good For Your Health
This alcoholic beverage is not only delicious, but it is also good for your health. Chamoy sauce contains many vitamins and minerals.
It’s a good source of Vitamin A, C, E, B1(Thiamin), B2 (Riboflavin) & B3 (Niacin), Calcium, Iron & Zinc. It’s also a good source of Magnesium and Potassium.
Is It Good For Your Diet?
This drink is a good choice if you are on a diet or in a weight loss program. Mexican candy shot recipe contains no fat and only 50 calories from alcohol. It’s also low in sugar at 21 g. carbohydrates. Enjoy, but remember to measure your servings!
Is It Good For Losing Weight?
No, it is not good for losing weight. Alcoholic beverages can be harmful if you are trying to lose weight. It’s better to avoid alcoholic drinks when you are on a diet or have a weight-loss goal.
Is It Suitable For Pregnant Women?
There’s no clear answer because the Mexican candy shot recipe contains alcohol. The answer is it might be ok to drink in moderation if you are pregnant (the normal serving size for a woman is up to 1 oz. Of alcoholic beverage per day).
Caution: Alcohol consumption during pregnancy can cause congenital disabilities and has other adverse effects on the fetus. Children or pregnant women should avoid this shot recipe.
Is It Good For People With Diabetes?
Mexican candy shot recipe contains 21g of carbs, but if you have diabetes, you can enjoy it in moderation. Don’t drink too much.
It’s better to limit your servings to one or two per day because alcoholic beverages can quickly raise blood sugar levels. If you are on a strict low-carb diet, it’s better to avoid drinking.
If you want to make this Mexican candy shot recipe a healthier option, replace liqueur with orange juice and measure your servings.
Benefit Of The Mexican Candy Shot Recipe
1. Mexican candy shot recipe is a great party drink. It’s delicious, and you will enjoy it with your friends and family.
2. You can use different flavors for this cocktail: brandy, rum, vodka, etc. Add some grenadine syrup to make it sweeter (reduce tequila in the same amount).
3. Mexican candy shot recipe is a great choice for a party starter drink or as a party gift because it can be served in pretty little bottles and jars which you can easily make at home.
4. You should consider this amazing cocktail in a diet because it has very low fat and carbs content. It’s also good for your health because you can enjoy it with chamoy sauce with many vitamins and minerals.
5. Mexican candy shot recipe is an ideal drink for hot summer days, especially if you are on a diet or have weight-loss goals. It will refresh you and cool you down during hot seasons.
The Negative Side Of Tihs Recipe
1. Mexican candy shot recipe isn’t suitable for people with diabetes because of its high sugar and carbs content. It’s better to avoid drinking in this case.
2. You can drink it if you are on a diet, but don’t overdo it! Alcoholic beverages can slow down weight loss and raise your blood sugar levels quickly.
Our Mexican candy shot recipe is a delicious way to celebrate any occasion. These shots are easy enough for kids to make, but the adults will love them just as much!
If you’re looking for more great recipes that your whole family can enjoy together, be sure to check out our blog post on how to throw an epic taco party with some help from us. We have tons of tips and ideas, so don’t miss them!