Lamberts rolls recipe is a classic, which is still one of the most popular recipes. It’s not hard to make and looks great when cooked.
If you are looking for a dessert that will impress your guests, cooking these delicious rolls will do it for you.
Lamberts rolls recipe is a variety of calzone filled with cheese, spinach, onions, and herbs. The recipe’s origin is Italian, and it is made especially in the northeast of Italy, especially in Venice.
The recipe is quite easy to make – yes, you need to spend some time on it, but it doesn’t take that much effort.
The roll ingredients are very simple, and it’s not hard to find them in any local grocery store, even though they are particular.
These delicious rolls are often served as an appetizer but can be included in a big meal. The flavor is rich, and it makes for a wonderful combination of different tastes and textures.
They are particularly popular among children, which means that you can use them as an appetizer at birthday parties or just when you have guests over for dinner.
How To Make A Lamberts Rolls Recipe?
Lamberts rolls recipe is easy to make. It is usually served as an appetizer or as part of a meal. Making them is not difficult, requiring only some time, ingredients, and cooking skills.
Please look over the recipe below and adjust some ingredients to the desired taste. Experiment and use your ideas to make new variations of this delicious dish that all guests at your home will admire.
- 200g (7 oz) bread flour.
- 200g (7 oz) Demerara sugar.
- 1/2 tsp baking powder.
- 1/4 tsp baking soda.
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter.
- 2 tbsp milk.
- 1 egg yolk.
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme.
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano.
- Pinch of salt.
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped.
- 4 tbsp olive oil.
- 1 large onion, finely chopped.
- 5-6 prosciutto or other ham slices cut into small strips.
Easy 11 Preparation Method
1. Add the oil, parsley, thyme, and oregano to a bowl. Stir well and mix with the salt. Leave it for 10 minutes
2. In another bowl, add the flour and sugar. Mix lightly with a wooden spoon, then add the baking powder, baking soda, and butter.
3. Now you have your dough combine it in a ball, adding some water if needed to make a smooth dough.
4. Add egg yolk and knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth.
5. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let it rest for at least one hour.
6. When the time is up, divide the dough into 10-12 pieces and place them on a floured surface
7. Roll each piece of dough into a circle of about 5 mm thickness, then place your ingredients on one half of it (on the side closest to you).
8. Fold the other side of the circle to cover all ingredients and press lightly between your thumb and index finger to seal.
9. Cut 2-3 little slits on top of the roll.
10. Now, place the rolls on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper, brush them with some milk and bake at 220°C / 430°F / Gas Mark 7 for 10-12 minutes until golden brown or until they pass the toothpick test.
11. Serve lamberts rolls hot with a green salad and some sweet chili sauce (recipe below).
Nutrition Fact Of Lamberts Rolls Recipe
Is It Suitable For Diabetic Patients?
The recipe is not suitable for those with diabetes since it contains high amounts of sugar. However, the amount of sugar in this recipe is not the one you will find in chocolate bars or desserts, so it’s quite ok for people with diabetes.
Is Lamberts Rolls Recipe Gluten-Free?
No, this is not a gluten-free dish. It has small traces of wheat flour, which can be a problem for those with celiac disease and other allergies.
Are Lamberts Rolls A Healthy Recipe?
The recipe is not recommended to those who are on a diet. The serving of this dish includes many calories, much fat, and not that many carbohydrates.
However, if you make them rarely, they will be good as an occasional treat for your lamberts rolls recipe. Use low-fat ingredients and replace the olive oil with olive juice to make them healthy.
Are Lamberts Rolls Any Side Effects?
The dish does not pose any side effects. It is generally safe for most users, including pregnant and breastfeeding women.
Can Lamberts Rolls Be Frozen?
Yes, you can freeze lamberts rolls after they are sufficiently baked. Just let them cool otherwise, they can get a little soggy. Defrost them in the refrigerator and warm them briefly before serving.
lamberts rolls recipe is a popular appetizer or dessert that is easy to make and delicious. We recommend its preparation to all users, especially those who enjoy cooking.
There are many dishes in the world that you can prepare at home, such as lamberts rolls recipe and share it with your loved ones.
Cooking can be a great activity for everyone, even if you’re not a professional chef. Make your family and friends happy with these recipes. Thank you so much for your attention and for using this recipe.