la victoria orange sauce recipe is a delicious and easy recipe for a marmalade-like sauce you can use to top various dishes ranging from oatmeal and toast to fish or chicken.
This is an orange sauce with absolutely no added sugar! The recipe calls for the use of fresh oranges, plus the zest and juice that are squeezed out in cooking.
The ingredient list includes the orange zest, granulated white sugar, lemon juice, brown sugar, and honey. The fantastic flavor of this sauce results from mixing and matching fruity flavors.
Like all citrus fruits, oranges lighten the taste of foods and enhance their flavors. This orange sauce recipe tastes best when lightly sweetened with honey, brown sugar, or granulated white sugar. But you can certainly use any other sweetener that you have on hand.
How To Make A La Victoria Orange Sauce Recipe?
La victoria orange sauce recipe is easy to make, and the marmalade-like consistency is simply beautiful.
- 1 cup of gooey marmalade.
- 1-2 oranges, freshly squeezed.
- Zest and juice of 1 orange.
- 1/2 cup of granulated white sugar.
- 1/4 cup of honey (optional).
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice.
1. Cut the orange in half and squeeze out the juice.
2. Add everything to a saucepan, add one cup of water, bring to a boil and then cook at low heat for about 20 minutes.
3. To make it even smoother, mash it with a whisk.
4. Allow it to cool, then transfer it to jars.
5. It’s ready. Enjoy!
7 Best Nutrition Facts Of La Victoria Orange Sauce Recipe
1. One serving of this delicious la victoria orange sauce is around 127 calories, 0 grams of fat, and 27 grams of carbohydrates.
2. The same serving is 3% of the daily recommended intake of Vitamin C and 4% of the daily recommended intake of Vitamin A.
3. One serving contains 71 milligrams (mg) or 4% of your daily recommended intake (DRI) for sodium, 16 mg, or 2% for potassium, and 0 mg for iron
4. This recipe is suitable for a vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free diet.
5. This la victoria orange sauce recipe contains ingredients commonly found in the kitchen: orange (or any other citrus fruit), sugar, and lemon juice.
6. Enjoy with fish, poultry, or oatmeal!
Why It’s Healthy For You?
1. This recipe can have a positive effect on your heart health. It reduces bad blood cholesterol levels and helps rebuild the blood vessels, especially if you use fresh orange juice instead of canned, processed orange juice for your ingredients. The Vitamin C found in this sauce also increases the activity of an important antioxidant in the body – Glutathione – which is crucial for maintaining good overall health and preventing the onset of various diseases.
2. Vitamin C is also great for preventing illnesses and boosting the immune system. It’s a stress reliever and a great anti-aging agent.
3. Vitamin A is crucial for eyesight, skin health, and bone growth. This vitamin also supports your immune system by keeping the number of infections low.
4. The essential minerals (calcium, magnesium, iron, and potassium) found in this recipe are great for maintaining healthy hair and skin.
5. This orange sauce can reduce stress and anxiety. It’s great for relaxing the body and the mind.
6. The low glycemic index of this recipe means that it can regulate your blood sugar level after a big meal without causing extra weight gain.
7. This recipe is suitable for a vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free diet because it doesn’t contain dairy products.
How To Store La Victoria Orange Sauce?
La victoria orange sauce can be refrigerated for up to 6 months in a jar or glass container. It can also be frozen in individual glass containers, but you will have to add water to the sauce before putting it in the freezer.
This la victoria orange sauce recipe is a perfect addition to your everyday diet, especially in winter. It can be a side dish or an ingredient for your favorite recipes.
If you want to try it, you can find la victoria orange sauce in the Mexican food section of your local grocery store.
Since marmalade doesn’t have the same texture as typical sauces, this one is very good on toast with a little butter. Thanks for reading.