Jidori chicken recipe is a delicious, healthy, and easy-to-make Japanese-style chicken. It is made with a mixture of soy sauce and honey, which gives the chicken a beautiful glossy finish.
The jidori recipe typically calls for using boneless, skinless chicken thigh meat, but you can also use breast meat if you prefer it.
This recipe calls for marinating the chicken with soy sauce and then cooking at high heat in an oven or grill pan until caramelized outside and cooked through.
The jidori recipe is easy to make without fancy knife skills or complicated techniques. It’s a very simple marinade that boasts incredible results!
How To Make A Jidori Chicken Recipe?
The jidori chicken recipe is easy to make and only calls for a few ingredients to produce juicy and delicious chicken breasts.
- 1 whole chicken cut into the thigh meat.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce.
- 1 tablespoon honey.
- A pinch of salt and pepper, to taste.
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted.
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion.
- Chicken broth, to brush the chicken during cooking.
1. combine soy sauce, honey, and salt in a small bowl. Stir until honey is dissolved. Place the chicken into a large resealable bag and pour in the marinade. Seal the bag and ensure that the chicken is coated well with the soy sauce mixture. Allow marinating for about 1 hour or more in the refrigerator.
2. Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and allow it to come back to room temperature. Set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
4. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat and add green onion. Cook until tender and slightly browned, 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside; leave skillet on the warm burner if desired.
5. Coat the chicken with marinade and place it in the warm pan. There should be enough liquid from the marinade to baste the chicken as it cooks. If there is not enough liquid, add a little chicken broth.
6. Cook until caramelized on one side, then flip and repeat on another side. This should take about 3-5 minutes per side.
7. Transfer the chicken to a shallow baking pan and place in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through completely (160 degrees F).
8. Remove the chicken from the oven and allow it to rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with a side of green onion. Enjoy!
7 Best Nutrition Fact Of Jidori Chicken Recipe
Is It Suitable For Pregnant Women?
Jidori Chicken Recipe is suitable for pregnant women as it is lower in saturated fat and cholesterol. This makes Jidori Chicken Recipe a healthier option for gravies, sauces, and other foods made with white meat.
Is Jidori Chicken Recipe Spicy?
Jidori Chicken Recipe is not hot/spicy as it does not use any hot spices. It uses sweet honey to give the chicken a rich flavor.
Is It Suitable For Children?
Is It Suitable For Lactose Intolerant People?
How Long Can You Store The Jidori Chicken Recipe?
You can store Jidori Chicken Recipe in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Store in an airtight container and cover with aluminum foil. This will prevent the chicken from drying out.
Is It Good For Heart Patients?
Is The Jidori Chicken Recipe Healthy?
Jidori Chicken Recipe is a healthy choice as it contains no trans fat, cholesterol, sodium, or protein. It’s also low in calories, making Jidori Chicken Recipe an excellent choice for diabetes or heart disease people.
Jidori Chicken Recipe is a healthy, tasty, and easy-to-make chicken recipe. It’s rich in flavor and has a juicy, tender texture. It’s a perfect choice for family dinners, parties, or even as an appetizer. I hope you will enjoy it! Thanks for reading this article.