Jamaican Christmas cake recipe, also known as Jamaican black cake, is a rich and decadent dessert traditionally enjoyed during Jamaica’s holiday season.
This cake is a beloved part of Jamaican culture and is often served at special occasions, such as weddings and christenings.
The recipe for Jamaican Christmas cake has been passed down through generations and typically features a combination of aromatic spices, dark rum, and various dried fruits and nuts.
The cake is usually baked well before the holiday season, allowing the flavors to deepen and develop. It’s a true labor of love worth making and enjoying with family and friends.
How To Make A Jamaican Christmas Cake Recipe?
Jamaican Christmas cake recipe, or black cake, is a traditional holiday dessert rich in flavor and history. Here’s a recipe for making Jamaican Christmas cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup dark molasses
- 1 cup dark rum
- 1 cup port wine
- 1 cup mixed candied fruit
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup prunes, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat your oven to 325°F (160°C). Grease a 9-inch cake pan and line it with parchment paper.
2. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and salt in a medium bowl.
3. In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Mix the molasses, rum, and port wine in a separate bowl.
5. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture in three parts, alternating with the molasses mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Mix until just combined.
6. Fold in the candied fruit, raisins, prunes, and walnuts.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
8. Bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
9. Let the cake cool completely in the pan before removing it.
10. Once the cake is completely cool, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator. Jamaican Christmas cake is traditionally served after a few days or even weeks of aging to allow the flavors to meld together.
Enjoy your delicious and festive Jamaican Christmas cake!
Best 9 Nutrition Facts Of Jamaican Christmas Cake Recipe
How Long Will it take To Prepare?
Jamaican Christmas cake is a time-consuming recipe that requires several hours of preparation and baking time. Here’s a breakdown of the approximate time required for each step:
Preparing The Ingredients: 30 Minutes
Mixing The Batter: 30 Minutes
Baking The Cake: 1 1/2 To 2 Hours
Cooling And Wrapping The Cake: 30 Minutes
Overall, making Jamaican Christmas cake can take 2 1/2 to 3 hours, not including the time required to age and develop its flavors. Planning and allowing enough time for the cake to be properly prepared and enjoyed is important.
The Jamaican Christmas cake recipe is a beloved holiday dessert rich in flavor and tradition. This decadent cake features a unique blend of spices, dark rum, and various dried fruits and nuts, making it a true labor of love to prepare.
The recipe for Jamaican Christmas cake has been passed down through generations and is a cherished part of Jamaican culture.
While the preparation time may be lengthy, the result is a delicious and festive dessert worth the effort. Jamaican Christmas cake recipe is a wonderful way to celebrate the holiday season and create lasting memories with loved ones. Thank you for reading this article on the Jamaican Christmas Cake Recipe.