Ina Garten crab cake recipe is very delicious and easy to make. This recipe is very popular in the North American states. The main ingredient is crab cakes with a mustard and mayonnaise mixture and lemon juice.
The sauce used here is to go with the crab cakes. The salt, pepper, and garlic are used to make this dish look very delicious on your palate.
Crabmeat is also added to make it tastier, and its carbohydrates are provided by the potatoes, which are fried after being boiled.
How To Make Ina Garten Crab Cake Recipe?
Do you want to know how to make ina Garten crab cake recipe? You need to know its ingredients, and then the step-by-step procedure is easy to follow. Because you might be confused about the ingredients of this recipe, so I have mentioned them in detail.
- 2 tablespoons of soft butter.
- 1 tablespoon of yellow mustard (recipe calls for stone-ground mustard).
- 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise.
- 1/4 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice.
- 3/4 teaspoons salt (you can increase or decrease it as your taste).
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper ( you can increase or decrease it as per your taste).
- Pinch of cayenne pepper or hot sauce ( you can use any hot sauce or cayenne pepper as per your taste).
- 2 pounds crab meat (you can use claw or lump crab meat).
- 1 cup of panko bread crumbs ( you can also use regular bread crumbs).
- 1 cup of finely chopped parsley (you can also use baby spinach leaves in place of it as per. your taste).
- 3/4 pounds of russet potatoes (you can also use a red potato as per. your taste).
- 1 tablespoon of butter (for cooking and keeping it warm).
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil (for frying it ).
1. Mix all the crab cake ingredients in a bowl of a wide-mouth pickle jar.
2. Add the mixture inside the crab cakes, place them in a deep pot, and cover it with aluminum foil.
3. To cook this recipe, place your oil on medium heat and place the pot on it once heated up. Cook it for 5 minutes or until one side of the crab cakes is brownish.
4. Meanwhile, heat the butter in a skillet on medium heat and then add the panko bread crumbs. Cook it for 2-3 minutes.
5. Next, add the parsley and stir it for another 1 minute. Then remove from heat and keep aside to cool slightly.
6. After 5 minutes, take off the crab cakes from oil and place them on a plate with aluminum foil paper over them to keep them warm for about 10-15 minutes.
7. Next, remove the crab cakes from aluminum foil.
8. Mix the mayonnaise and mustard in a bowl and then add the shrimps, lemon juice, and cayenne or hot sauce. After that, coat the crab cakes with this mixture and set them aside for 15 minutes to rest them to get cooked thoroughly.
9. Meanwhile, cook the potatoes as per the requirement as per taste temperature-wise. You can also use your microwave. Once cooked, peel the potatoes and cut them into 8 cubes.
10. Meanwhile, heat a skillet on medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of butter. When the butter melts, add the panko bread crumbs and then fry them with it for 3-4 minutes.
11. Next, add the potatoes with 2 tablespoons of salt (you can increase or decrease to taste). Cook this mixture for about 5 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked.
12. Place the cooked potatoes in a bowl and add 2 tablespoons of parsley. Mix this mixture well and keep them aside.
13. After 15 minutes, place the crab cakes on a plate and then spread the crab cake with lemon herb sauce over it and then serve hot potato cakes on the side of it.
Nutrition Facts of Ina Garten Crab Cake Recipe
Per 100 gm serving, the amount of energy is 215 Kcal, the amount of protein is 8.5 gm, the amount of carbohydrates is 12 gm, and the amount of fat is 10.2 gm.
Is This Recipe Suitable For Allergic Patients?
Yes, the Ina Garten Crab Cake Recipe is suitable for allergic patients. It is gluten-free, lactose-free, high in protein, and low in carbohydrates.
10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Ina Garten Crab Cake Recipe
2. This recipe has a high level of calcium and iron content. These two nutrients are very important for the growth and development of your body and are provided to you in this recipe.
3. This dish is also very high in vitamins A & C. Therefore, you should include it in your diet if you want to stay healthy and fit all the time.
4. The content of this recipe is very high in fat, and it will help your body absorb the other nutrients quickly.
5. This recipe is rich in vitamin B1, vitamin B2, and potassium. Therefore, if you want to stay fit and healthy, include this dish in your diet.
6. It also has a very low sodium content, which makes it good for those people who have a problem with hypertension or high blood pressure.
7. The presence of iron and calcium in this recipe will make your bone strong.
8. This recipe is also very high on dietary fibers.
9. This recipe will keep you full for a long time.
10. This recipe is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and will help you get rid of inflammation.
Possible Health Risks Of Ina Garten Crab Cake Recipe
1. The presence of egg in this recipe, which is high in cholesterol, might lead to the formation of gallstones, so you must consult a doctor before consuming it.
2. This recipe is also very high in sodium and thus should be avoided by people suffering from hypertension or high blood pressure.
3. The presence of dairy products in this recipe might be harmful to those people who are lactose intolerant.
4. This recipe also has a very high cholesterol level and should be avoided by people who have problems with their hearts.
5. People suffering from hypothyroidism must avoid consuming this dish because there might be a problem with the functioning of their thyroid gland.
The ina Garten crab cake recipe is a very healthy and delicious dish to be consumed by alae people. This recipe will keep you healthy and provide you with a variety of vitamins and minerals, and will also keep you full for a long time. So, consume them as of your daily diet.
If you have any other questions or suggestions related to this recipe, please share them in the comment section below. We will try to resolve them as soon as possible. Thanks for reading.