The honey bun cheesecake recipe is a delicious and easy dessert that can be served on any occasion.
The recipe for this treat, consisting of a honey bun cake and cream cheese frosting, has been passed down through generations and will provide you with the perfect way to end any meal.
Whether it’s Thanksgiving dinner or just an afternoon snack, everyone will love this sweet treat! Honey bun cheesecake is a delicious and easy dessert that can be served on any occasion, from a Sunday afternoon to a party.
Combined with some fruits and nuts, it becomes a truly unique dessert that will impress your guests.
How To Make Honey Bun Cheesecake Recipe?
- 3 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened.
- 5 tablespoons sugar.
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract.
- 16 honey buns, divided into 24 cubes (about 3 inches square).
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts, divided.
- 1 (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling.
1. For the crust, mix cream cheese, butter, and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add vanilla; blend well. Stir in half of the bun cubes until well coated with the mixture. Press into greased 13×9-inch baking pan.
2. Bake 8 minutes at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). While crust is cooling, cut remaining honey buns into quarters and place in a large bowl with 1 cup of nuts; mix well. Set aside.
3. Pour pie filling evenly over top of baked layer; carefully spread to edges. Top with honey bun cube mixture and smooth out.
4. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours before serving. Cut into squares to serve; garnish with pecan halves if desired. You can also decorate your honey bun cheesecake bars using crushed graham crackers, chopped nuts, or chocolate shavings as a finishing touch!
This recipe for Honey Bun Cheesecake will show you how to make a delicious traditional honey bun cheesecake with a homemade cream cheese frosting.
Nutritional Information About The Recipe
Is This Recipe Suitable For Diabetic Patients?
Yes, you can use Splenda instead of sugar in this recipe for the honey bun cheesecake recipe.
Is This Recipe Gluten-Free?
Yes, you can substitute the honey bun for a gluten-free version. Sub your flour with a gluten-free one – Bob’s Red Mill is our favorite! and sugar and follow the recipe.
Take a look at the traditional honey bun cheesecake bars we made… delicious! A perfect treat for any occasion, you’ll love this dessert just as much as we did!
Is It Safe To Freeze This Recipe?
Yes, you can make honey bun cheesecake ahead of time by putting the uncut cheesecake in the freezer for up to two months before your event.
If you’re looking to make it ahead of time but don’t want to freeze the cheesecake, follow all of the steps up until putting it in the pan; at this point, cover and place it in the fridge for up to two days before your event.
When you’re ready to serve it, cut and decorate like you normally would! You can use cream cheese frosting instead of the pie filling for this honey bun cheesecake.
The current idea is to spread chocolate pastry icing over your honey bun cheesecake bars to give them a chocolate flavor. Can also top with fresh fruits like strawberry, blueberries, kiwi, etc., if you wish.
Serve your delicious honey bun cheesecake in small bites with a dollop of whipped cream or crème fraîche on top. You can also serve it up in larger pieces, allowing one slice per person to satisfy any sweet tooth.
This cheesecake recipe is rich, creamy, and sweet. It has a crust layer that features honey buns made with cream cheese, sugar, and butter – the perfect base for this dessert!
The top of the cake is drenched in chocolate ganache to make it even more decadent. If you want to serve up an impressive dessert at your next party or event, give this recipe a go.
You can find all of these ingredients at most grocery stores, so it’s easy to prepare on short notice too! We hope you enjoy it.