The hairy bikers Christmas cake recipe is an epic Christmas cake made by the Hairy Bikers. This delicious recipe is perfect for a Christmas Cake swap, family gatherings, or as a stocking filler for your favorite biker.
The Hairy Bikers Christmas Cake is a recipe made by the Hairy Bikers – a fabulous group of bikers who enjoy baking and sharing their culinary creations with their friends, family, children, and girlfriend.
The Hairy Bikers know how to create an excellent cake that everyone can enjoy. Their Christmas Cake recipe is rich and delicious and would be perfect for any special occasion or dinner party.
How To Make A Hairy Bikers Christmas Cake Recipe?
The famous hairy bikers Christmas cake recipe is a moist and delicious bake that only takes one hour to prepare. The ingredients are simple – no tricky or fancy cooking methods are needed.
- large mixing bowl
- large round cake tin (8-inch or 24 cm diameter)
- baking paper
- piping bag with a nozzle
- 150 grams Self raising flour
- 150-grams sultanas
- 150-grams currants
- 50-grams glacé cherries halved
- 50 grams soft (ready-soaked) dried apricots, chopped
- 25-grams candied peel, finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 5tbsp brandy, rum, or whisky
- 150-grams butter
- 150 grams of dark brown soft sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 100 ml beer or strong tea
- 100 grams of soft dark brown sugar
- 75-grams plain flour
- 35-grams ground almonds
- 1tsp baking powder
- 2tsp mixed spice
- 1/2tsp grated nutmeg
- Hazelnut extract (optional)
10 Easy Preparation Methods
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/Gas mark 4: grease and line your cake tin.
2. Place the fruit, peel, and juice in a large bowl and set aside for 30 minutes. This allows plenty of time for the fruit to soak up its delicious Christmas flavors!
3. In a second large bowl, beat the butter with the dark brown soft sugar until creamy and pale, then beat in your eggs, one by one. Add the sultanas, currants, dried fruit, brandy, and orange zest & juice and mix to combine.
4. Add the brandy, rum, or whisky to your cake batter and stir again. You will use the alcohol in this recipe as it acts as a leavening agent and dispelling agent from any baking soda.
5. Fold in flour, baking powder, mixed spice, and nutmeg. Stir very gently until combined but appear streaky.
6. Add the beer or tea and stir until the mixture appears homogenous. Add the nuts and fold them in gently to finish. The mixture should appear almost smooth, with a few streaks of nut (but no large lumps).
7. Spoon your mix into your cake tin and flatten it to level it off.
8. Bake for 60-70 minutes. A fine crust will form on the surface, and the cake will shrink away from the sides of your tin. To check if it’s ready, gently press the center of your cake with a fingertip – if it springs back, you’re good to go!
9. Allow cooling in its tin before turning it onto a wire rack to cool completely. Wrap in the baking paper once cool, or it might go sticky as this is such a soft cake.
10. When your cake has cooled completely, pop it in the fridge for a few hours before eating. You can also keep it overnight if you want to. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts Of Hairy Biker Christmas Cake Recipe
Servings Ideas Of Hairy Bikers Christmas Cake Recipe
1. Serve this yummy and impressive Hairy Bikers Christmas Cake recipe with either custard or cream on the side.
2. Serve the Hairy Bikers Christmas Cake with a glass of brandy for an even more delicious Christmas cake.
3. The Hairy Bikers Christmas Cake would be great with strawberries and cream on the side or as a sponge cake filling.
4. The Hairy Bikers Christmas Cake recipe is good for your Christmas teas to share with family and friends, so make sure you have spare slices!
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
Prepare Time: 40 minutes.
Cook Time: 70 minutes.
Total Time: 110 minutes.
Number Of Servings: 12 slices.
Can You Soak Christmas Cake Fruit In Whiskey?
Yes, you can soak your fruit in whiskey. You can soak your Christmas cake fruit in any alcohol you choose. Alcohol acts as a natural preservative.
For example, the Hairy Bikers Christmas Cake recipe has whiskey-soaked fruit, whereas their Mincemeat pie recipe has red wine-soaked fruit within the mincemeat filling.
How Long Does Christmas Soak Cake Last?
The Hairy Bikers Christmas Cake recipe can be kept in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
How Do You Make A Jamie Oliver Christmas Cake?
Jamie Oliver’s Christmas cake is also a great Christmas cake recipe for your biker or camping cookbook to enjoy.
How Often Do You Feed Brandy To Christmas Cake?
You don’t have to feed brandy to the Christmas cake – it’s optional! You can use rum, whisky, or port instead.
I hope you enjoy the hairy bikers Christmas cake recipe and have a merry Christmas. Remember to be safe when riding and enjoying your Christmas Biker Holiday.
Don’t forget to share and tag everyone who you think would appreciate the Hairy Bikers Christmas Cake recipe! If you like this recipe, please share it with your friends. Share it if you really liked it or think your friends would like it! Thank You For Reading!