Red velvet cake is a beloved dessert known for its striking appearance and delightful taste. Traditionally made with all-purpose flour, this cake might seem off-limits for individuals following a gluten-free diet due to gluten intolerance or celiac disease.
However, worry not! We bring a delicious gluten free red velvet cake recipe for everyone to enjoy this iconic treat. Let’s dive into the world of gluten-free baking and rediscover the magic of red velvet cake.
How To Make A Gluten Free Red Velvet Cake Recipe?
Certainly! Here’s a recipe for gluten-free red velvet cake
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour blend
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- 1 cup buttermilk (or dairy-free alternative)
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- Cream cheese frosting (gluten-free)
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan, or line it with parchment paper.
2. whisk together the gluten-free flour blend, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, cream the granulated sugar and softened butter until light and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract and red food coloring, and mix until well combined.
5. Gradually add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet ingredients, alternating with the buttermilk. Begin and end with the dry ingredients, mixing well after each addition.
6. Mix in white vinegar and mix until the batter is smooth and evenly colored.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
9. Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
10. Once the cake has cooled, frost it with cream cheese. You can either spread the frosting over the top and sides of the cake or use a piping bag for decoration.
11. Slice and serve the gluten free red velvet cake recipe, and enjoy!
Note: Ensure that all the ingredients you use, including the food coloring and frosting, are gluten-free to maintain the recipe’s integrity.
10 Best Nutrition Facts Of Gluten Free Red Velvet Cake Recipe
With this delectable recipe for gluten free red velvet cake recipe, individuals adhering to a gluten-free lifestyle need not miss out on the joy of indulging in this beloved dessert.
The carefully selected gluten-free ingredients ensure a moist, flavorful, and satisfying cake that will impress anyone fortunate enough to have a slice.
So, gather your ingredients, follow the instructions, and let this gluten-free delight tantalize your taste buds! Thanks for reading this article.