Fuzzy’s garlic sauce recipe is a family favorite. It’s the perfect way to spice up your meal and make your kitchen smell like Thanksgiving!
The ingredients are simple, but you can still customize it to suit your taste buds. Add more or less of any ingredient depending on how garlicky you want it.
This recipe also makes for a great gift: package in a jar and tie with some ribbon for an easy present that will be appreciated by anyone who likes good food!
Fuzzy’s Garlic Sauce Recipe
• 3-ounce jar mayonnaise (use vegan mayo to keep it vegan).
• 1/4 cup olive oil.
• 2 cloves garlic, pressed or finely minced.
• 4 teaspoons lemon juice from concentrate or bottled lemon juice is fine.
• Salt and pepper to taste.
• Optional sweetener.
1. Add the mayonnaise, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and salt & pepper to taste into a bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until well blended.
2. If you are using optional sweetener, add it at this time before beating again.
3. Place in a pretty glass jar or dish for gift giving or storing. Makes about 1 1/4 cups of sauce or enough for 8-10 sandwiches.
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
The Benefit Of Fuzzy’s Garlic Sauce
1. Mayonnaise is a great emulsifier for this sauce, which acts as an emulsifying agent to keep the ingredients from separating.
2. Olive oil is high in monounsaturated fatty acids, also known as MUFA’s, making it a heart-healthy alternative to butter or other oils that are high in saturated fat.
3. Garlic is packed with sulfur compounds that are mostly responsible for the smell and taste of garlic. Sulfur is also an antioxidant, so garlic can help lower your cancer risk through its ability to detoxify cells.
4. Lemon juice adds tartness, making it easier for you to eat more veggies, like carrots. It is also a great source of Vitamin C, which helps your immune system function properly.
5. Add sweetener or not? That’s up to you! Some people prefer a little sweetness in savory foods, but garlic sauce is still very tasty without it!
6. Want a vegan version? Try using all mayonnaise with no oil, but it will be much thinner.
7. You can make this in advance and store it in the fridge for up to a week. Make sure to take it out of the fridge about 30 minutes before using so that it comes to room temperature. If you forget to take it out ahead of time, use the microwave or leave it out overnight. But you might want to add a few extra cloves of garlic because the sauce will likely lose some flavor in the fridge for a day or two.
How To Make It More Delicious?
1. This sauce is great on just about any sandwich, but it’s especially good on a turkey or veggie burger!
2. Use Fuzzy’s Garlic Sauce in place of ketchup for French fries to add some zing and extra nutrition. If you want to cut down the sodium, even more, skip the seasoning salt.
3. It’s great as a dip for veggies or chips.
4. Use it in place of mustard on your favorite hot dog – YUM!
5. Try adding cayenne pepper, chili powder, cumin, or red pepper flakes to give it an extra kick!
6. Add pickle relish if you want a little more tang.
7. Looking for a salad dressing? Combine with vegan mayo, a squeeze of lemon juice, and a pinch of salt!
8. Need to jazz up some mashed potatoes or rice? Give it a quick whirl in the blender with some garlic sauce, and you’ve got yourself a garlicky side dish.
Fuzzy’s garlic sauce recipe is made with all-natural ingredients, including fresh vegetables and the best quality olive oil.
It contains no preservatives or additives of any kind! The perfect healthy homemade condiment for your favorite pasta dish, sandwich, salad …or just about anything you can think to put it on!
Give this delicious family secret a try in your kitchen today – we guarantee that you’ll never want store-bought again. Thank you for reading this post.