Faidley’s Crab Cake recipe is a famous dish that originated in Baltimore, Maryland, and has become a staple of the city’s cuisine.
This recipe has been passed down through generations, and the restaurant that bears its name has been serving up its signature crab cakes since 1886.
Faidley’s Crab Cakes are made with jumbo lump crab meat, seasoned with spices, and formed into perfect patties.
They are then fried to a golden brown and served with your choice of sauce or on a roll as a sandwich. Faidley’s Crab Cakes are renowned for their delicious flavor and perfect texture, making them a must-try for any seafood lover.
In this recipe, we will recreate the famous Faidley’s Crab Cake so that you can enjoy this Baltimore classic in your home.
How To Make Faidley’s Crab Cake Recipe?
Faidley’s Crab Cake recipe is famous and passed down through generations. Here’s a recipe you can try at home:
- 1 lb. Jumbo Lump Crab Meat
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup saltine crackers, finely crushed
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
1. Pick through the crab meat, removing any shells or cartilage.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat the egg.
3. Add the mayonnaise, saltine crackers, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, Old Bay Seasoning, and black pepper to the bowl.
4. Mix the ingredients until well combined.
5. Gently fold in the crab meat, being careful not to break up the lumps.
6. Shape the mixture into 6-8 crab cakes.
7. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
8. Cook the crab cakes on each side for 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
9. Serve hot with your favorite sauce or on a roll as a sandwich.
Enjoy your homemade Faidley’s Crab Cakes!
Nutrition Facts Of Faidley’s Crab Cake Recipe
Amazing 4 Serving Suggestions Of Faidley’s Crab Cake Recipe
1. Serve the Faidley’s Crab Cakes in a flour tortilla with crab dip and onions.
2. Use the crab cakes with lettuce, tomato, and mayonnaise as a sandwich.
3. Slice open the crab cakes and serve them open-faced on a pizza crust with pepperoni, mushrooms, olives, and cheese.
4. For an easy meal on a busy night, cook up some Faidley’s Crab Cakes in batches and save them for later in the week for lunch or dinner.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
Prepare Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Yield: 6 Crab Cakes
Can I Freeze This Recipe?
Yes, you can easily freeze this recipe. You can prepare the crab cakes and store them in an airtight container for up to 4 months.
To freeze, thaw the crab cakes overnight in the fridge and then heat them at room temperature for approximately 10 minutes.
I hope you enjoyed this crab cake recipe. Please let me know if you have any questions about this crab cake recipe.
I’d be happy to help with any additional information and answer any questions. Thank you for reading this article.