Del Monte fruit cocktail cake recipe is a delicious dessert. It’s layers of alternating cake and whipped cream frosting, each covered with a layer of fruit cocktail. The cake is soaked in a syrup made from the juice and peel of oranges, lemons, and limes.
Del Monte fruit cocktail is served chilled for convenience, but it’s also possible to leave it at room temperature. It can be refrigerated up to 5 days in advance of serving time.
The original recipe for this dessert calls for 2 quarts of fruit cocktail, but you can use a half-recipe or a third recipe to cut the recipe in half.
How To Make A Del Monte Fruit Cocktail Cake Recipe?
- 1 1/2 cup butter, room temperature.
- 2 cups granulated sugar.
- 4 eggs, room temperature.
- 2 tsp vanilla extract.
- -2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- 1/2 tsp salt.
- 3 cups del monte fruit salad (drained and chopped).
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract.
For The Topping
- 2 liter whipped cream frosting.
- 2 cups drained del monte fruit salad (chopped).
- 1/4 cup orange juice (from the can).
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (from. the can).
1. In a mixer, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy.
2. Add eggs one at a time until well combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl and beat again to ensure all ingredients are combined well with no streaks of egg whites remain. Set aside in a warm spot, or place in a bowl in your oven, turning the oven light on; the warmth of the light will help soften up the mixture quickly.
3. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl.
4. Add 1/3 of the flour mixture to the mixer. If the mixture gets too thick to beat, add a tiny bit of milk from your 1/2 cup until it blends in (or use a spatula). Add in 1/3 of all remaining ingredients, mixing gently after each addition. Repeat for all remaining ingredients (ending with fruit salad).
5. Pour the batter into a 9×13 inch pan, and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 to 45 minutes. Cool cake in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes before unmolding.
6. Remove the cake from the pan and place it on a serving plate. Cover with whipped cream frosting, then slice down the middle of the cake, removing one layer of cake from the bottom of the pan before cutting off slices with a sharp knife or pizza cutter.
7. Cover the slices with the citrus fruit mixture, and repeat until all the cake is gone.
8. Keep cake refrigerated for up to 5 days. You can serve this delicious del monte fruit cocktail cake recipe to your family and friends.
Nutrition Fact Fo Del Monte Fruit Cocktail Cake Recipe
Is It Good For Children?
Can I Use A Frozen Fruit Cocktail?
You can still use frozen fruit for this del monte fruit cocktail cake recipe. The texture will be slightly different, but the taste will not change.
Can I Freeze This Cake?
Del Monte fruit cocktail cake is delicious and can be frozen. Wrap each slice in plastic wrap and place them in a freezer bag. Label the bag with the date and freeze until ready to use.
How Do I Know When The Cake Is Made?
Your meter should register that you have baked a del monte fruit cocktail cake recipe at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 to 45 minutes.
The toothpick test is also an effective way of testing if your cake has been set correctly. Insert a toothpick into the center of the cake, and if it comes out clean, you can remove your cake from the oven.
Amazing 6 Serving Ideas Of Del Monte Fruit Cocktail Cake Recipe
1. Serve the cake with whipped cream, bananas, and strawberries.
3. You can also serve it if you are going to dinner with many friends at your house as a dessert after dinner, or even for afternoon tea as a quick dessert for ladies.
4. This del monte fruit cocktail cake can be served as a dessert in your restaurant, party, or special occasion.
5. You can also serve it as a dessert with drinks after dinner, especially when you are going out to exercise at the gym.
6. You can also serve this delicious del monte fruit cocktail cake recipe as a breakfast meal.
I hope you enjoy the del monte fruit cocktail cake recipe. If you liked it, please share it with your friends and family. Thank you for reading my recipe.