Conchitas con Carne recipe is a delicious and flavorful dish that is simple to make. This Mexican dish is made with skirt steak, a traditional filling for tacos.
The steak is marinated in oil, lime juice, garlic, cumin, and chili powder and then grilled until it’s tender and juicy.
Once the meat has been cooked, it’s wrapped in flour tortillas and some avocado or cheese for a crunchy contrast to the warm filling.
It would be perfectly served alongside some black beans or pinto beans with crushed red peppers on the side.
How To Make A Conchitas Con Carne Recipe?
The conchitas con Carne recipe is very easy to make and delicious. You can prepare the filling in the morning, while you are going to work.
- 1/2 cup olive oil.
- 1/3 cup lime juice.
- 3 cloves garlic minced or grated.
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin.
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (preferably ancho or chile de árbol).
Whisk all of these ingredients together in a bowl until well combined.
For The Meat
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak, sliced thin against the grain.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- 1 cup canola oil for brushing on the meat.
- 2 limes juiced, about 3/4 cups.
- 2 tablespoons of ground cumin.
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (preferably ancho or chile de árbol).
easy 11 Preparation Method
1. Make the marinade: Mix all ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
2. Add the steak to the marinade and let it sit for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
3. Pressure the meat with your hands to encourage it to release some liquid before cooking it.
4. Grill the meat for about 5 minutes on each side for medium-rare.
5. Remove the meat from the grill, sit for 10 minutes, then slice it against the grain into 1/4-inch thick strips.
6. Warm a tortilla in a dry pan over medium heat until soft and pliable, about 30 seconds to 1 minute per side (if you are grilling the steak, you can grill them for about 5 minutes on each side until soft).
7. Transfer a few slices of skirt steak to each tortilla and top with a few dollops of avocado or mashed cheese.
8. Roll the tortillas and arrange them in a pan to stay together during cooking.
9. Pour over the limes and the chili powder to taste.
10. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes or until the meat is cooked through and browned but not charred (if you are grilling your steak, cook for about 5 minutes until soft).
Nutrition Fact Of Conchitas Con Carne Recipe
Can I Freeze This Recipe?
This recipe can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. It makes a great dinner to have in the future and an amazing dish for any dinner occasion. This recipe is perfect for family dinners, guests, and even for a dinner party or potluck.
How Can I Freeze This Recipe?
1. Wrap tortillas in foil and store them in a freezer bag or container.
2. Freeze the avocado, cheese mixture, and marinade separately.
3. Once the meat is cooked, wrap in individual foil portions, label, and freeze.
4. Defrost meat overnight in the refrigerator before using.
5. To thaw in the microwave, run under warm water for about 30 seconds, and then slice.
6. To thaw in a conventional oven, put the wrapped tortillas on a baking sheet and place them into a preheated 325 degrees F oven for 20-30 minutes.
7. For best results, the grill was frozen carne asada or steak right out of the freezer on a preheated grill or barbecue to crisp up the outside and heat through the inside before serving.
8. Add a couple of tablespoons of water (about 1/4 cup) before grilling or baking to prevent sticking and help the tortillas stay together during cooking.
9. The meat will only freeze if wrapped inside another plastic wrap instead of foil to prevent freezer burn; if you choose to use aluminum foil wrappings, skip steps 1 and 2 of freezing the ingredients.
10. Serve the conchitas con Carne with cooked rice or black beans on the side if desired.
Health Benefits Of Conchitas Con Carne Recipe
1. conchitas con Carne recipe is rich in calcium and iron, which can help strengthen your bones.
2. It’s also high in protein, which helps build and repair muscle tissue, keep you feeling full, and help you lose weight.
3. The conchitas con Carne recipe is high in vitamins A and C, important for the immune system and eye health. Vitamin A also helps maintain healthy skin!
4. With just 340 calories, conchitas con Carne is relatively low in calories.
5. Meat choices like skirt steak provide plenty of protein, iron, and zinc that help build your muscles, but it’s also low in fat and saturated fat.
6. Skirt steak is also filled with niacin (vitamin B3) which helps lower cholesterol levels and fight heart disease.
7. And skirt steak is also high in selenium which helps protect our cells from damage and aids in metabolism.
8. In addition to the health benefits, this conchitas con Carne recipe is full of flavor, making it a family favorite.
Possible Health Risk Of Conchitas Con Carne Recipe
1. High intake of vitamin A in the form of carotenoids over long periods can lead to hypervitaminosis A.
2. This is an excessive amount of vitamin A in the body, which can be caused by eating a lot of animal products and not enough fruits and veggies.
3. Some common side effects of vitamin A toxicity include dry, itchy skin, headaches, and loss of appetite.
4. People with liver problems or at risk for developing liver problems should limit their consumption of vitamin A foods to avoid toxicity.
5. Conchitas con Carne recipe should not be consumed by anyone taking anticoagulant drugs, such as warfarin or aspirin.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. Leave a comment below and let me know what you think. Enjoy cooking this conchitas con Carne recipe! Thanks for reading this article.