A Christmas morning coffee cake recipe is a great way to start the day and make breakfast special. This recipe doesn’t have a lot of ingredients, but it can be made in your sleep or while you prepare for Christmas morning.
It is best served warm with a cup of coffee, tea, or hot chocolate. The Christmas morning coffee cake recipe can also be served with icing or whipped cream.
You can also eat it for breakfast with a cup of coffee or other hot drink. The coffee cake is the perfect way to start your Christmas morning or to enjoy it by itself with a cup of hot chocolate during Christmas evening.
How To Make A Christmas Morning Coffee Cake Recipe?
The directions to make the Christmas morning coffee cake recipe are very easy. The steps to make it are listed below.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter, softened (not melted)
- Baking spray with flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup dried tart cherries, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup shelled roasted, salted pistachios, chopped
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and grease a 9x9x2-inch baking pan.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. Set aside.
3. Using an electric mixer for about 2 minutes, beat the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy in a large bowl. Beat in the sour cream and then mix in the eggs until combined. Stir in cherries (the mixture should be slightly thicker than the cake batter).
4. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the flour mixture gently until just combined. Add the vanilla and beat for about 1 minute to blend it evenly.
5. Scrape the batter into your prepared baking pan and smooth with a spatula. Bake the cake at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) for about 50 minutes or until light golden brown. The cake should be firm to the touch but tender in the middle when you poke it with a toothpick.
6. Mix flour, sugar, and nuts while baking the coffee cake. Stir in the butter and then rub the mixture between your fingers until it looks crumbly.
7. When you take the coffee cake out of the oven, sprinkle it with topping (it will be crumbly). Bake for about 5 minutes more and then remove from oven. Cool on a wire rack for at least 20 minutes before icing or serving.
8. Place the powdered sugar and heavy cream in a medium bowl and stir until smooth. Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt and stir to combine. Spread icing evenly over the cooled cake.
9. Sprinkle with chopped nuts and serve.
Nutrition Facts Of Christmas Morning Coffee Cake Recipe
|Total Fat||22 g|
Amazing 5 Serving Suggestions For Christmas Morning Coffee Cake Recipe
1. Serve with warm, freshly brewed coffee or tea.
2. Serve with vanilla ice cream and fresh seasonal fruit for dessert.
3. Add a few fresh berries and a little whipped cream to make it more festive looking.
4. Top it with maple syrup and whipped cream for a tasty breakfast.
5. When serving with vanilla ice cream, add a dollop of whipped cream and fruit to the right side.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
Prepare Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 50 min
Total Time: 55 min
How Do I Keep My Coffee Cake From Getting Soggy?
To keep your coffee cake from sagging, put the icing on after it is cooled. When the cake is warm, a wet mixture of ingredients will make it soft. You can also add a few tablespoons of flour to soak up some of the liquids.
What Is The Difference Between Cake And Coffee Cake?
A cake is a baked treat, such as a pound cake or chocolate cake, with many times more sugar than other types of cake. Coffee cake is a type of cake that has the same ingredients as a pound cake but less sugar.
For instance, a coffee cake may have 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of flour to make a single serving size. A poundcake may have 2 cups for the same serving size. The coffee cake is a sweet cake that is not as sweet as other cakes.
What Is A Boozy Christmas Morning Coffee Cake?
A boozy Christmas morning coffee cake recipe is made with alcohol or strong flavours. These may include bourbon, rum, or even chocolate.
Chocolate comes from cocoa rather than chocolate liquor, meaning you will want to sweeten the cake accordingly to remove some of the bitter taste. A boozy coffee cake can be served as a dessert or breakfast, depending on your preference.
What Is A Devonshire Coffee Cake Recipe?
A Devonshire coffee cake recipe is an old-fashioned cake baked in a special tin or pan. It is named for the house Devonshire in England, where it was first made.
It has a shortbread-like texture, tender crumb, and a subtle but sharp tang from the lemon. This recipe calls for lemon curd, which you can make yourself with our easy step-by-step directions on this site.
The Christmas morning coffee cake recipe is easy to make; it is economical and healthy. It is easy to carry and serves a lot of people.
It is easy to clean up after and something that you can take with you when you travel. The coffee cake is very versatile and can use any fruit you enjoy. Thank you for reading this article about the Christmas morning coffee cake recipe.