The Christmas crunch cake recipe is an easy-to-make cake that children and adults love. It is not too sweet; it’s delicious and easy to make. The Christmas crunch cake recipe is perfect for a Christmas party or celebrating any special occasion!
The Christmas crunch cake recipe below will hopefully help you make a delicious Christmas crunch cake to enjoy with your friends, family, and loved ones.
How To Make A Christmas Crunch Cake Recipe?
- 2 cups of plain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence/extract (optional)
- ½ cup raisins/sultanas/currants/caster sugar (optional)
- ½ cup rolled oats (use quick cooking and not too old as they can be hard to eat) (optional)
- 1(8 oz.) container of extra creamy whipped topping
- 1/2 teaspoon of pure almond extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350F/180C.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour and baking powder and stir in melted butter, vanilla essence/extract, milk, and a pinch of salt.
3. Mix until a soft dough is formed (do not over-mix; it should be slightly sticky). This can also be done by hand with a spoon.
4. Roll the dough into a ball and divide it into two portions. Knead each portion into two balls.
5. Roll out each ball on a lightly floured surface with a rolling pin to create an 8-inch square. Try to make the corners of the square slightly thinner than the rest because that’s where your ingredients will be most visible and get tucked in! Sprinkle raisins/sultanas/currants over top of one square, leaving about ¼ inch border around the edges.
6. Place the second square on top and roll out, leaving about ¼ inch border.
7. Cut into 12 squares using a sharp knife or pastry tip, no more than 3/8 inch around. Trick the border with a knife while making them square rather than round. I decorated mine with edible pearls and some blue gel icing to give the icing more dimension.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until slightly golden brown on top.
9. Allow cooling before slicing and eating completely.
Nutrition Facts Of Christmas Crunch Cake Recipe
Amazing 5 Serving Ideas Of Christmas Crunch Cake Recipe
1. Serve it as an afternoon snack with your favorite tea, coffee, or cold juice.
2. Serve it as a dessert after your Christmas dinner or family gathering.
3. Make little bite-sized pieces and put them in a small container for snacks! Also would be great for baby shower favors/cake pops, baby showers, housewarming parties, etc.
4. In the morning, use in place of breakfast toast or bagels.
5. Make it a giant cake and serve it to your friends and family on Christmas Day or New Year’s Eve.
How Long Will It Take To Prepare?
Prepare Time: 30 minutes
Bake Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
How To Store This Cake?
The Christmas crunch cake recipe can be covered with plastic wrap and placed in the refrigerator for up to one week. If it is an open pan, you must use a piece of parchment paper on top of the moisture will wick into the pan and make it difficult to remove the cake.
What Is The Crunch On The Christmas Crunch Cake?
The crunch is usually made with oats or coconut. You can also use crushed cornflakes for a different texture.
What Is Caramel Crunch Cake Made Of?
Caramel is made from sugar and a liquid like milk, cream, or butter. It can also be made with caramelized sugar for a darker color.
What Is Chocolate Crunch Cake?
Chocolate is made from cocoa powder (sometimes flavored with vanilla or other flavors), melted butter, and sugar. The cocoa powder must be finely ground, making the chocolate smooth and creamy.
How Do You Put Crunches On A Cake?
Crunch is sprinkled on top of the cake. Sprinkle it evenly to get the look you want, and press it down in the desired pattern. Some cakes have crunches pressed into the middle layer to add texture and more crunch.
How Many Weeks Before Christmas Should One Make The Cake?
Christmas Crunch Cake can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for one week. It can also be frozen for three months.
What Is Lemon Crunch Cake Made Of?
Lemon Crunch Cake can be made using lemon curd (lemon filling), lemon juice, a butter base, and a pound cake.
What Is A Louisiana Crunch Cake?
A Louisiana Crunch Cake is a chocolate cake with a butter base. It’s made using a pound cake, two layers of chocolate, and topping it off with caramel or vanilla frosting.
What Is A Pineapple Crunch Cake?
Pineapple Crunch Cake is a Southern-style pound cake that combines the delicious flavors of pineapple, coconut, and pecans.
The recipe is easy to follow, and the ingredients are readily available at your local grocery store. The results are nothing less than delicious, and anyone would be proud to serve it to their friends and family, including kids!