Chicago pizza puff recipe is a delicious recipe for any occasion. This recipe is easy to make, and you can even get your kids involved! You can also add more ingredients if you’d like, making this dish perfect for picky eaters.
Chicago-style pizza was created in the 1930s, but it has evolved into an iconic dish that every person should try at least once.
It consists of thick crust, deep dish cheese, tomatoes on top, and usually some meat inside the dough.
The best part about this recipe is that it’s so versatile- there are endless possibilities when it comes to customizing your Chicago-style bread!
Chicago Pizza Puff Recipe
- 1.5 ounces cake flour.
- 1.5 ounces all-purpose flour.
- 0.5-ounce yeast.
- 3/4 teaspoon salt.
- 1 tablespoon white sugar.
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 6 ounces water, lukewarm (between 105 and 110 degrees F).
- 2 ounces milk, lukewarm (between 105 and 110 degrees F).
- 0.33 cup mascaraone cheese.
- 1 egg white.
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- First, combine all dry ingredients (flours, yeast, salt, and sugar) in a large bowl. Then slowly mix in the wet ingredients until it forms a dough. Remember only to use one tablespoon of olive oil!
2. After combining these ingredients into a smooth batter-like mixture, transfer it to a floured surface and knead the dough for about 10 minutes. Add in more flour as you knead until all of the ingredients are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
3. Let rise in a warm area or oven set at its lowest setting for one hour or until double in size.
4. After an hour, gently punch down the dough and let it rise again for half an hour.
5. Roll out the dough onto a floured surface and roll it out until it is about 1/4″ thick or less. You can use a rolling pin or your fists! Use any shape you like to cut the dough into pieces. The original deep dish pizza has a round shape. However, you can cut it into squares if you’d like as well!
6. Now, take out your ingredients for the filling and preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Time to start stacking! One at a time, place each piece of dough on top of your choice of filling. Repeat this process until you have the desired amount. Be sure to follow all baking instructions for the filling, or else it may not come out correctly, or if it does, it will probably taste weird.
7. Brush a thin layer of egg white on the crust and top with your choice of ingredients for a crispy outside.
8. Place in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Leave the pizza puffs out on a wire rack to cool after baking for an extra crispy crust!
|Total Carbohydrates||8.4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1.9 g|
5 Best Health Benefits Of The Chicago Pizza Puff Recipe
1. Heart Healthy
This recipe is full of whole grains, protein, vitamins, and minerals important for a healthy heart.
The best thing about this recipe is that it has so many possibilities! You can essentially make anything you want by adding different ingredients to your dough.
Iron is an essential part of your daily diet, and this recipe contains plenty to keep you satisfied!
Calcium is important for strong bones and healthy teeth- so be sure to fill up on the dairy in this dish!
5. Vitamin C
Staying hydrated is difficult in the summer, but this recipe makes it easier by adding lemon juice. Plus- Vitamin C is great for your immune system!
This recipe is easy to make and delicious. You can serve it as an appetizer or a dessert at your next party, and you’ll be sure to wow all of your guests!
It’s also vegan-friendly, which means that everyone will find something tasty on the table no matter what dietary needs they may have.
We hope this Chicago pizza puff recipe inspires you to try out some new cooking ideas in the kitchen. If you enjoyed this post, then please share it with others who might enjoy our content too! Thank you so much for reading!