How to prepare Chicago mild sauce recipe? Chicago sauce mind recipe with tomato ketchup. We will learn how to make a spicy variant of tomato ketchup in this homemade Chicago sauce recipe.
The main ingredient in the preparation is hot chili pepper, which gives it a lovely color and makes its spiciness milder than in conventional recipes. It also contains a lot of onion, garlic, tomato paste, smoked paprika, and other spices.
The color comes out to be quite intense because of the smoked paprika, which is why it will perfectly match all meats for barbecuing. It’s also worth mentioning that it works amazing with french fries!
Chicago Mild Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 red onion (75 g).
- 3 garlic cloves (15 g).
- 2 tablespoons of smoked paprika.
- 50 ml of cider vinegar.
- 150 grams of tomato paste (1 can).
- 10 tablespoons of vegetable oil, sunflower preferred, or corn oil. You could also use olive oil, but it will make the flavor a bit more intense.
- 1 teaspoon of salt (or to taste).
- Pepper by your own choice. I usually add some ground black pepper and hot chili pepper powder for extra spiciness.
1. Chop onion and garlic into small pieces and place them into a pot with smoked paprika, vegetable oil, and vinegar. Put the lid on and cook it over low heat for about 30 minutes.
2. Then add tomato paste and salt to taste. Cook for another 10 minutes while stirring from time to time so that it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan. Let it cool down and pour it into a glass bottle.
3. The sauce can be stored in the fridge for three weeks minimum. It’s very useful to have it on hand because you can put it on anything, wherever you please. So even if you don’t feel like barbecuing today, warm up some oil in a pan and add some of this sauce. Enjoy!
Is it Good For Kids?
No. This Chicago sauce recipe contains onion and garlic, which are not recommended for kids under 3. Also, because there is vinegar in it, it shouldn’t be given to young children either. Speak with your pediatrician before starting to give this sauce to your child.
Is this Chicago Mild Sauce Recipe Suitable For Pregnant Women?
Yes. This Chicago sauce recipe is suitable for pregnant women because it contains no garlic and onion, which are not recommended during pregnancy.
However, speak with your doctor before using it or any other food supplements, especially if you suffer from various allergies.
Is it Gluten-Free?
Yes. There are no gluten-containing ingredients in this Chicago sauce recipe. Some of the spices might contain gluten, but only in small amounts, which you can easily remove before using them.
Is this Chicago Mild Sauce Recipe Vegan?
Yes, the Chicago sauce recipe is vegan because it contains no dairy products whatsoever. It’s based on some vegetables and herbs recommended for people who practice veganism or want to eat an entirely plant-based diet. You can find out more about vegetarian and vegan diets here, here, and here.
Chicago mild sauce recipe is a delicious combination of ingredients that can be used on chicken to steak. It’s easy enough for anyone to make, but if you need some help getting started, we have the perfect recipe right here!
Whether you want it hot or not, this will surely become your favourite go-to sauce in no time at all. Thank you for reading the Chicago Mild Sauce Recipe.