Chamoy shot recipe is a delicious, vibrant cocktail that tastes like a tropical paradise. It goes well with spicy foods traditionally served on Christmas Eve in Mexico and Latin America.
The mixture of lime, sugar, cinnamon, watermelon syrup aid in the digestive and digestive health benefits by reducing bloating from gas build-up.
They are perfect for preparing for a party or a holiday meal! This recipe makes about 8 chamoy shots.
This can be served in a shot glass but delicious over ice cream. Also, feel free to experiment with different types of fruit juice.
How To Make A Chamoy Shot Recipe?
The chamoy shot recipe is very delicious and easy to make. We can prepare this recipe at home easily. We have to follow the right procedures to prepare this recipe.
Print chamoy shot recipe Prep Time 5 mins Cook Time 10 mins Total Time 15 mins. Let’s see the procedure to prepare this recipe.
- 2-3 cups of hot filtered water (to be boiled).
- 1 cup iced water (for cooling off the chamoy shot).
- 2 cup of sugar.
- 4 cinnamon sticks.
- 1/2 teaspoon of fresh ginger powder or grated ginger can substitute with ‘freshly ground black pepper.
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- 2 cups of fruit juice, you can use any type you like. My personal favorites are Goya Pineapple juice, orange juice, and passion fruit juice.
- 2 whole watermelon, cut in half, and scoop out the flesh with a melon baller.
- 1 lime, sliced thin.
- 1/2 cup of sweet chamoy sauce (optional).
1. In a big pot, boil up the water and add chili, ginger, and lime halves. Cover and let sit for about 15 minutes.
2. Drain the chili water, pour 1 cup of cold water into the pot, and simmer on medium heat until sugar dissolves.
3. Add all the syrup ingredients (citric acid, sugar, salt) to a small bowl and mix well. Set aside.
4. Boil up the remaining water and pour it over the lime halves and chili. Let sit for about 15 minutes, then drain.
5. Using a sharp knife, slice both halves of watermelon in half vertically. Scoop out the flesh with a melon baller and reserve.
6. Add 1 cup of cold water to the pot and add chamoy syrup and salt to taste. Let simmer on medium heat until sugar dissolves, then turn off the heat.
7. Mix the fruit juice with chamoy syrup and sprinkle in the watermelon halves. Set aside for about 10 minutes until the watermelon absorbs the fruit juices.
7. Pour it over a cup of ice and serve. You can also serve it over vanilla ice cream or enjoy it as a refreshing summer drink! Enjoy with your family or friends this festive time of year!
Nutrition Fact Of Chamoy Shot Recipe
|Total Fat||0.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||52.5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
Is It Good For Heart Patients?
Chamoy shot recipe can be good for heart patients. It can reduce symptoms of high cholesterol and is good for heart health. This recipe is good for heart patients.
Is It Gluten-Free?
Chamoy shot recipe is gluten-free. It is good for celiac disease and gluten allergy. This recipe is prepared with all-purpose flour, rye, and oats. It is gluten-free.
Is This Recipe Is Vegan And Vegetarian?
This chamoy shot recipe is vegan and vegetarian. It is prepared with all-purpose flour, rye, and oats. This recipe doesn’t use any animal or animal-derived products or byproducts. Therefore, it is vegan-friendly too.
Can I Make This Recipe Without Alcohol?
Yes, you can prepare this shot without alcohol. Of course, the final taste will not be so great.
How To Make An Alcohol-Free Chamoy Shot Recipe?
For an alcohol-free chamoy shot recipe, substitute the water with sparkling water or club soda; you can also use flavored sparkling water. You can also use 0% alcohol ginger ale or tonic instead of strong spirits.
Is This Recipe Has Any Side Effects?
This chamoy shot recipe has no side effects. It is prepared with all-purpose flour, rye, and oats, so no side effects.
This recipe is prepared with ginger, cinnamon, and chili pepper so that it can be helpful in the treatment of nausea and diarrhea.
Can I Store The Chamoy Shot Recipe?
Chamoy shot recipe can be stored in an airtight container. It will keep good for 3 days at room temperature. It will last for 5 days if it is stored in the refrigerator.
How To Reheat This Recipe?
I recommend making them as they are and serving them straight from the fridge for reheating. They stay fresher that way.
But if you want to try reheating, transfer them to a bowl with some ice cubes and stir a little. This homemade chamoy recipe is delicious, vibrant, and refreshing!
Is This Recipe Bad For Health?
Chamoy shot recipe is good for health. It must be used in moderation. one or two shots of this drink won’t harm your body. If consumed in excess, it can damage your health.
Can The Chamoy Shot Recipe Be Frozen?
Chamoy shot recipe can be frozen for up to 6 months. You can freeze it for up to 6 months in a freezer-safe container.
Amazing 5 Serving Ideas Of Chamoy Shot Recipe
1. Chamoy Fruit Juice Shot Recipe
This recipe is a fun and sweet drink, perfect for your next party. This recipe is easy to prepare and serve. It is low in alcohol.
2. Chamoy Cocktail Recipe
A delicious drink with a salt rim, this simple shot can be served at your next party or game day get-togethers.
3. Chamoy Margarita Recipe
A delicious variation of the traditional margarita, try this easy recipe for something different at your next party or game day gathering!
4. Chamoy Punch Recipe
A traditional drink in the Philippines, chamoy punch is perfect for summer parties. This easy-to-prepare recipe is sure to please your guests!
5. Chamoy Syrup Recipe
If you love chamoy fruit juice, then try this simple syrup recipe, so you can make an easy chamoy fruit juice shot!
I hope you enjoy the chamoy shot recipe. It’s really easy to prepare. You can prepare this recipe quickly at home. Let’s make and enjoy this amazing recipe.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. It would be awesome if you left a comment below. Let us know how did it turn out for you.
It makes our day. We appreciate your valuable time reading this post and sharing it with your friends and family. Try this great recipe at home and comment below to let us know how it turned out. Thank You.