Indulge your senses in the exotic flavors of the Caribbean with this delectable rum cake recipe. Bursting with rich aromas and a moist, tender crumb, this dessert is a true delight for rum enthusiasts and cake lovers.
Originating from the tropical paradise of the Caribbean islands, this recipe combines the warmth of dark rum with a medley of dried fruits and nuts, creating a heavenly fusion of flavors.
Whether you’re seeking a show-stopping centerpiece for a special occasion or simply craving a taste of the Caribbean, this Caribbean Rum Cake Recipe will transport you to sun-soaked beaches and crystal-clear waters with every bite.
So, let’s embark on a culinary adventure and learn how to create this irresistible Caribbean rum cake recipe in your kitchen. Get ready to savor the essence of the Caribbean, one slice at a time.
How To Make A Caribbean Rum Cake Recipe?
Certainly! Here’s a recipe for a delicious Caribbean rum cake :
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional, such as walnuts or pecans)
- 1 cup dried mixed fruit (such as raisins, currants, and chopped apricots)
- 1/2 cup candied cherries, halved
For The Rum Syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup dark rum
For The Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 tablespoon water
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a Bundt pan or a cake pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk. Mix well after each addition.
4. Stir in the rum, vanilla extract, nuts (if using), dried mixed fruit, and candied cherries. Mix until well combined.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, spreading it evenly. Bake in the preheated oven for about 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
6. While the cake is baking, prepare the rum syrup. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and water. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in the rum. Set aside to cool.
7. Once the cake is done baking, remove it from the oven and let it cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Then, invert the cake onto a wire rack set over a baking sheet or tray.
8. While the cake is still warm, poke several holes over the top using a skewer or toothpick. Slowly pour the rum syrup over the cake, allowing it to soak into the holes. Continue pouring until all the syrup is absorbed.
9. Let the cake cool completely on the wire rack.
10. whisk together the powdered sugar, dark rum, and water in a small bowl to make the glaze. Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake.
11. Allow the glaze to set before serving. You can store the cake in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. The flavors will develop, and the cake will become more moist over time.
Enjoy your homemade Caribbean rum cake recipe!
Best 8 Nutrition Facts Of Caribbean Rum Cake Recipe
|Total Fat||20-25 grams|
|Saturated Fat||10-12 grams|
|Total Carbohydrates||60-70 grams|
The Caribbean rum cake recipe is a delectable treat that brings the flavors of the islands to your plate. With its moist texture, rich rum-infused taste, and delightful blend of dried fruits and nuts, this cake is a slice of Caribbean paradise.
Whether celebrating a special occasion or simply craving a taste of the tropics, this rum cake is a show-stopper that will leave you wanting more.
So, indulge in a slice and let the flavors whisk you away to sun-kissed beaches and tropical breezes. Cheers to the Caribbean rum cake! Thanks for reading this article on the Caribbean Rum Cake Recipe.