Captain d’s fish batter recipe is a unique blend of seasonings that can be used with various seafood. The ingredients are simple, but the flavor is complex: garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika add depth to the distinctly southern cayenne pepper and black pepper combination.
The Thai peanut sauce adds a sweet, nutty variation that is mostly optional but highly recommended if you don’t have the seasonings. The fish batter will keep for several months and is easily doubled.
Captain d’s fish batter recipe is quick and easy to make at home! In addition to being simple, the ingredients are easily found in most supermarkets and grocery stores.
How To Make A Captain D’s Fish Batter Recipe?
Captain d’s fish batter recipe is easy to make and should take about ten minutes. The ingredients are simple, and you will probably have most of them on hand. Making your fish batter recipe is simple and can save you quite money over time.
- Cod fillets or other fish of your choice.
- Flour, salt, and black pepper.
- 1 cup of flour.
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder.
- 1/2 tsp onion powder.
- 1 tbsp paprika powder.
- 3/4 tsp cayenne pepper.
- 3 tbsp sugar.
- 2 tbsp white vinegar.
1. Mix the sugar and vinegar in a small bowl with a fork or spoon. Set aside.
2. Mix the black pepper, paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder in a bowl with the flour until it forms a thick paste. Add half of this mixture to the bowl with the vinegar mixture and stir until well mixed. Make sure all of the flour has been mixed into the liquid. Next, add half of this mixture to another bowl or pan and stir in cayenne pepper until well mixed into the black pepper paste.
3. Combine the remaining black pepper mixture with flour and salt. Coat fish in this mixture, then dip into the bowl of vinegar mixture, followed by the cayenne pepper mixture. Add more of the vinegar or cayenne if you want a spicier flavor. Put coated fish on a cooking sheet covered with wax paper and sit for 10 minutes.
4. Fry fish at 350°F until golden brown, approximately 8 minutes per side.
5. Serve cooked fish with the sauce on the side or drizzle extra sauce over the fish to serve.
Nutrition Fact Of Captain D’s Fish Batter Recipe
Is Captain D’s Fish Batter Healthy?
Yes, captain d’s fish batter recipe is healthy because it contains many nutrients and vitamins, which help improve your hair, nails, and skin. It also helps control blood pressure, cholesterol levels, and blood sugar levels in patients.
Is It Suitable For Pregnant Women?
Yes, pregnant women can eat captain d’s fish batter recipe as it contains healthy nutrients. Fish batter is a rich source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids.
Protein is an essential nutrient that helps build muscle tissue, makes up part of the immune system, and keeps your hair, skin, and nails healthy. Omega-3 fatty acids are fat found in fish that helps keep your heart strong and prevent blood clots.
Is It Suitable For Breastfeeding Mothers?
Yes, breastfeeding mothers can eat captain d’s fish batter recipe. Fish is packed with protein and omega-3s, which are important nutrients that promote your baby’s health.
Is It Good For Heart Patients?
Yes, captain d’s fish batter recipe is good for heart patients. This diet recipe contains good cholesterol and can help lower bad cholesterol levels in your heart.
Is It Good For Diabetic Patients?
Yes, the captain d’s fish batter recipe is good for diabetic patients as it contains fewer carbohydrates. A low-carb diet can reduce the blood sugar level in diabetic patients.
Is It Good For Hypertensive Patients?
Yes, captain d’s fish batter recipe is low sodium and saturated fat diet recipe and can help reduce high blood pressure in hypertensive patients.
Can you save the fish batter?
Yes, the fish batter recipe can be frozen and cooked without having any lettuce. The fish should stay crisp on the outside and soft on the inside.
To freeze, place on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper or wax paper and continue with step 5 of the preparation method.
If making ahead, it may be best not to double this recipe as it will rise in temperature, so only prepare as much as you need that day.
Can Captain D’s Fish Batter Recipe Be Used For Chicken Wings And Other Seafood?
Yes, the fish batter recipe ingredients can be used for chicken wings and other seafood. The only difference is the coating mixture you would need to coat the chicken or fish. Make sure to check your chicken for bones and remove them if present.
Is Fish Good For My Child?
Yes. Fish is an excellent source of protein, vitamins, and nutrients for children under 12 years old. Eating fish can help a child develop his brain and muscles.
Amazing 5 Health Benefits Of Captain D’s Fish Batter Recipe
1. Fish is a good source of lean protein. Protein helps build muscle, repair cells, and keep your immune system working well.
2. Fish is also a good source of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids. This essential nutrient can help reduce the risk of heart disease, improve brain function and mood, control high blood pressure and increase weight loss.
3. Fish is low in saturated fat and cholesterol, making it a healthy meal choice for people with high cholesterol or heart disease
4. Fish contains omega-3 fatty acids, essential fatty acids (EFAs) that play a role in brain development, eyesight, and heart health.
5. Fish is low in calories and high in protein, making it an excellent choice for people who want to lose weight.
Other Information You Need To Know
Captain d’s fish batter recipe can be made with flounder fillets or trout fillets and other fish such as salmon, tuna, or tilapia.
You can also make it with other seafood such as clams, shrimp, and crabs. Make sure to adjust the seasonings depending on the flavor you want.
Captain D’s Fish Batter Recipe is a perfectly healthy option for those following low carbohydrate or keto diets.
The recipe is also low in calories, fat, carbs, and refined sugars and contains 1 gram of dietary fiber per serving.
I hope you like this post-captain d’s fish batter recipe. In this post, you can find all recipe-related information.
If you have any queries, then please comment below. I will try to answer your question. Thank you for reading this article.